Luis Nani | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Should of cashed in after his fluke season really......but thankfully it's not on a free
How do you fluke a year like that? You don't fluke a year's worth of brilliant football. At the very, very worst you could say it was anomalous, but a more fitting way of putting it would be to say that 2010 showed just what an enormous talent he actually is. It'd be a kick in the bollocks to lose a player of Nani's ability, whatever the circumstances.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Exactly, and the majority of the Caf' would be happy to see both them sold this summer. So it's a bit hypocritical for some to be upset at the inevitable selling of Nani, when they would be happy to sell the other two. Even though the other two aren't reportedly demanding wages they're clearly not worth.
Because Young is already on the kind of money that Nani was reportedly asking for?

gamma1

Disappointing news if the most recent rumors about his imminent departure prove to be true. The publicized choice for his next destination looks odd though. I personally had expectations that with Moyes coming in this summer, Nani would cherish the opportunity for a fresh start in the team and a chance to recreate the brilliant peak form he displayed on certain periods of his United career. Even with his notable footballing vices such as occasionally erroneous decision making which have generated heavy criticism from many supporters, as well as a markedly frustrating 2012/2013 season blighted by botched contract negotiations and hampered by multiple injury concerns, it’s a real shame that we are passively resigned to lose a richly gifted winger as Nani. I truly hope that whoever is brought in as a potential replacement possesses an equivalent level of talent.

Anduin

Nani out; Mirallas in? Seriously though, if we can get £15-20m for him we should take it.
Not a big fan of Nani's potential departure, but Mirallas would be an excellent replacement. Despite him doing it 'only' at Everton and Olympiakos so far, he has shown real potential and is only 25. Easily better than Young and Valencia, though Valencia might actually regain some of his good form.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Who can blame the lad, Id be pissed if Young was on more than me when I was obviously a better player.

Goooose

It's weird how people seem happy enough to sell our best winger for around £15m seeing as in the current transfer climate we'd probably have to pay £30m+ to get someone as good as him. If he goes, we have Valencia, Young, and Zaha, I'm sure the opposition are trembling in their boots at the thought of playing our mighty wingers.
Nani will be sold. We need to get as much money for him as we can.

O'Sheady

It's weird how people seem happy enough to sell our best winger for around £15m seeing as in the current transfer climate we'd probably have to pay £30m+ to get someone as good as him. If he goes, we have Valencia, Young, and Zaha, I'm sure the opposition are trembling in their boots at the thought of playing our mighty wingers.
They are not trembling at the thought of playing the Nani of this past season either, when he played he has for the most part been muck.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
They are not trembling at the thought of playing the Nani of this past season either, when he played he has for the most part been muck.
But still produced more than Valencia and Young, in almost half the games (starts)

Platato

Psst!
Hm let's ask Reading about that. He hasn't been that bad mind but I guess that what's you remember.

O'Sheady

But still produced more than Valencia and Young, in almost half the games (starts)
Both also dreadfully out of form , Cina said that teams would be trembling in their boots at the thought of playing Young Valencia or Zaha, my point was Nani is currnetly not scaring the crap out of defenses either.

Hm let's ask Reading about that. He hasn't been that bad mind but I guess that what's you remember.
Oooh Reading, relegated weren't they. Lots of attacking players looked like world beaters against Reading this past season.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
This will be the biggest mistake of Nani's career if true.

And United will lose an immensely talented player. If we want to compete with the big boys in Europe, you need players with Nani's level of technical ability and raw speed and agility.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Because Young is already on the kind of money that Nani was reportedly asking for?
That was his signing on fee, which has been paid in separate chunks alongside his wage. His wage is nothing like the amount Nani is demanding. Do you really think the club wouldn't offer Nani parity in wages with Young? :lol:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If he doesn't want to sign a new contract then there's nothing we can do about it. I am sure that we'll bring in a new winger.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Show me the money!

Was it the story? Or made up shit from some Nani lover?
Hard to tell. But if Nani demanded no more than what he - allegedly - wanted/wants at United it seems strange the Russians would've said no. They aren't known for their frugal ways.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Maybe they just don't value Nani that much?
Certainly. The question was whether the story about Nani demanding insane wages - because he didn't really fancy a move - had any truth to it.

If Nani demanded no more than what he reportedly wants from us it seems odd the Russians wouldn't go along with that. Ergo, the story seems to have some truth to it. His demands were insanely high - so they said no. But he only made such demands because he didn't really want to play for them.

Er, yes.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
There are no rumors about Nani wanting "galactico" wages, the main rumors are about Nani wanting the same wages as Young. Currently Nani is our lowest paid winger and also our best one. Understandably he would like to be close to Young's level, which nobody can complain about.

Whatever winger we bring in, he will require higher wages than Nani currently is - like Young did when he arrived.
Get rid of Young and give Nani the wages he wants. Still can't believe we signed Young.

Shimo

That was his signing on fee, which has been paid in separate chunks alongside his wage. His wage is nothing like the amount Nani is demanding. Do you really think the club wouldn't offer Nani parity in wages with Young? :lol:
How is a reported wage of 120k a year a signing fee? And since when do we pay signing fees to players that we buy from other teams? Usually clubs will pay out of contract as a way to lure them to sign for them over other clubs because clubs use the money they would normally use as part of a transfer fee to pay the player directly - which wasn't the case with Young.

RedRover

How do you fluke a year like that? You don't fluke a year's worth of brilliant football. At the very, very worst you could say it was anomalous, but a more fitting way of putting it would be to say that 2010 showed just what an enormous talent he actually is. It'd be a kick in the bollocks to lose a player of Nani's ability, whatever the circumstances.
There are plenty of hugely talented players out there - but talent isn't enough on its own -consistency is the key, especially in a big side. Sadly for him he hasn't had that for whatever reason.

Its especially concerning that even when his future was very much in doubt, he couldnt turn it on.

O'Sheady

If he doesn't want to sign a new contract then there's nothing we can do about it. I am sure that we'll bring in a new winger.
Exactly and I won't be hugely unhappy to see him go to be honest, on his day he is superb but I have never trusted his decision making and if he isn't happy with whats on offer, so be it, let him go and if we have to pay more for someone new than we get for him then fair enough.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I'll be sad to see him moonwalking out the door, especially now. A few players could benefit from a new manager coming in and he's one of them.

Goooose

Certainly. The question was whether the story about Nani demanding insane wages - because he didn't really fancy a move - had any truth to it.

If Nani demanded no more than what he reportedly wants from us it seems odd the Russians wouldn't go along with that. Ergo, the story seems to have some truth to it. His demands were insanely high - so they said no. But he only made such demands because he didn't really want to play for them.

Er, yes.
Aye fair enough. Could well be making an incorrect assumption but that all seems to fit.

Shimo

Exactly and I won't be hugely unhappy to see him go to be honest, on his day he is superb but I have never trusted his decision making and if he isn't happy with whats on offer, so be it, let him go and if we have to pay more for someone new than we get for him then fair enough.
Damn good thing you don't negotiate for United or we'd get no one. We've got no idea what United are offering him and if our offer isn't commensurate with what others of his ability are getting then it shouldn't be it - we should be offering him at the least parity if not better considering the talent he is.

O'Sheady

Damn good thing you don't negotiate for United or we'd get no one. We've got no idea what United are offering him and if our offer isn't commensurate with what others of his ability are getting then it shouldn't be it - we should be offering him at the least parity if not better considering the talent he is.
Well I back the team at Utd to decide what he is worth and if he thinks that is not enough then bye bye. You on the other hand want to give him whatever he wants. There is one crap negotiator in this discussion and it isn't me.

Freduardo

Show me the money!

Was it the story? Or made up shit from some Nani lover?
I remember that doing the rounds in the press at the time. Andy Mitten said something along those lines in a piece a few months back as well, basically that the club were happy enough with Zenit's bid but Nani asked for a huge wage packet and then turned his phone off and laid low for the rest of Russian deadline day to knock the transfer on the head. Presumably Zenit couldn't get a hold of the land line either :lol:

You'd have to ask Andy Mitten if he was a Nani lover, mind. Not sure how ITK he is though to be fair.

Mitten also said at the time that Nani's on about 80k per week now and wanted 125k but backtracked a bit when United wouldn't offer him any increase on his current contract. Assuming those figures aren't complete bollocks I have to say I don't find those demands as eye watering as I thought I would based on the whole narrative that he's a big headed knob on a crusade to earn a ridiculous wage. Especially considering the shite you hear about what certain other players earn. Still, I understand why some on here feel his play doesn't warrant a pay rise but at the same time I think you'd struggle to get a like for like replacement in for much less than that.

gza the genius

Maybe it's just me but I don't think we should sell our best winger.

We should do everything we can to keep him, finding a replacement of similar quality will cost a lot more than it will to put Nani on higher wages.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
There are plenty of hugely talented players out there - but talent isn't enough on its own -consistency is the key, especially in a big side. Sadly for him he hasn't had that for whatever reason.

Its especially concerning that even when his future was very much in doubt, he couldnt turn it on.
No doubt; that post was more responding to the accusation that 2010 was some sort of a 'fluke'.

The problem with Nani is that he's basically had no chance at all to turn it on. Rightly or wrongly (not knowing the circumstances), he's not been given a proper run in the team and has basically been excluded from the line up. It's felt an awful lot like the Berbatov situation, to be honest.

When I say that last line up there, I mean that in the same way you could apply it to Pogba/Morrison. Morrison seemed way off in his attitude and Pogba seems a bit of an idiot in general, but nevertheless it's annoying losing players of such enormous ability even if there are other issues at hand. With Nani, it's more frustrating given that we have already seen the world class player in him. I am hoping that he's been a massive (or greedy) bellend behind the scenes in terms of his contract situation and/or his attitude, because it's a pretty significant feck up on our part if not.

Shimo

Well I back the team at Utd to decide what he is worth and if he thinks that is not enough then bye bye. You on the other hand want to give him whatever he wants. There is one crap negotiator in this discussion and it isn't me.
:lol: - so United can't do any wrong in any situation? Ok then.

O'Sheady

Where did I say that? It's you who can't see any wrong being done by Nani because you are obviously a Nani fanboi. He just has not been that good lately so if he goes then fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.