Luis Nani | 2013/14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Certainly a better player than Valencia and Young. 20m would be a bargain for a player of his quality and age.

RonaldoVII

I'll miss him if he goes, when he plays he's our best winger and one of only a few players we have capable of turning a game on his own.

Shark

@NotShark
I think that using his impact this season as an excuse to say that 'he won't be a big loss' is misleading. I think that we are a stronger team with a fit and in-form Nani in it than not. Also, his impact has been pretty big over the past few seasons prior to last one.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Shame if he goes. We should have been able to turn him into a brilliant player, but he never really gained any consistency for whatever reason.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
We've just won the league quite handily with little to no contribution from Nani, so I think we can all relax.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
We've just won the league quite handily with little to no contribution from Nani, so I think we can all relax.
Although I have grave reservations about a poster named "Cunto", I have to agree with him on this point. We bagged a prem trophy quite handily this past season without any real contribution from Nani whatsoever.

I'd rather see him stay but if he wants a massive paycheck he'll just have to find it somewhere else. Word out there is that Ronaldo will be coming back. As crazy as it may seem, I have no problem coughing up a Nani in order to pick up a Ronaldo.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Where is this word about Ronaldo coming back from exactly?

Under Fergie for a glorious last year or 2 maybe.
Under Moyes? I couldn't think of anything less likely.

Ash_G

Yeah but you have to remember that City just came second having a large amount of their attacking players considerably underperforming, particularly their 4 main ones, Tevez, Aguero, Silva and Mata.

I hope this season has shown Nani though that he's got more to do before he can start expecting certain wage packets if that is what has led to this situation. I still think it'd be a mistake to let him go, particuarly if we aren't going to replace him with a similar player with more experience than Zaha.

We should expect City to be considerably stronger next year and so we'll need out wingers to perform better than they did this year. Nani brings a threat that no one else really does in our squad and also has shown flashes on good understanding with Kagawa.

I hope we keep him and he pulls his finger out (although personally think he's been treated much harsher than say Valencia who's been able to have a lot of poor games without being dropped than Nani has this season). But if we don't I hope we get someone in who can give a similar threat.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Yeah but you have to remember that City just came second having a large amount of their attacking players considerably underperforming, particularly their 4 main ones, Tevez, Aguero, Silva and Mata.

I hope this season has shown Nani though that he's got more to do before he can start expecting certain wage packets if that is what has led to this situation. I still think it'd be a mistake to let him go, particuarly if we aren't going to replace him with a similar player with more experience than Zaha.

We should expect City to be considerably stronger next year and so we'll need out wingers to perform better than they did this year. Nani brings a threat that no one else really does in our squad and also has shown flashes on good understanding with Kagawa.

I hope we keep him and he pulls his finger out (although personally think he's been treated much harsher than say Valencia who's been able to have a lot of poor games without being dropped than Nani has this season). But if we don't I hope we get someone in who can give a similar threat.
Hate to be pedantic but Mata doesn't play for City.

Ash_G

Lol cheers Cina. Didn't realise that people would get so hung up by a careless slip they'd just stop reading altogether! I'm pretty bad for that, you're probably the only one who reads my posts in that case.

Anyway yeah obviously meant nasri.

Tibs

Hope this isn't true.

If it is, looks like we'll be on the hunt for a player who is THE SAME AS feckING NANI!!!

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Lol cheers Cina. Didn't realise that people would get so hung up by a careless slip they'd just stop reading altogether! I'm pretty bad for that, you're probably the only one who reads my posts in that case.

Anyway yeah obviously meant nasri.
Oh FFS. I was only joking.

Shark

@NotShark
That's a rather lazy way of measuring importance IMO. We could probably win the league without one of a few of our best players.

Nani is our best winger bar none.

Ruud10

A Bit Wordy
Isn't the real issue with Nani is that he wanted a galactico contract extension and he refused to sign the reasonably generous contract we put before him?

If that's the case, do we have any other choice before us than to sell him now?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Isn't the real issue with Nani is that he wanted a galactico contract extension and he refused to sign the reasonably generous contract we put before him?

If that's the case, do we have any other choice before us than to sell him now?
We've got no idea what he wanted or what the club offered, but some of the rumours were that he was on £90k and wanted £130k, but the club weren't willing to give him a raise and offered him a contract with the same wages.

Annahnomoss

There are no rumors about Nani wanting "galactico" wages, the main rumors are about Nani wanting the same wages as Young. Currently Nani is our lowest paid winger and also our best one. Understandably he would like to be close to Young's level, which nobody can complain about.

Whatever winger we bring in, he will require higher wages than Nani currently is - like Young did when he arrived.

Hellboy

Well there's no way Gala offered £20m for him. Avram would drive him there at this price knowing that he has 1 year left on his contract. Huge loss if true.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
Shame to see him leave for two seasons 2010-2012 when he has played consistently he has been one of the leagues best winger yet people still label him inconsistent?? This season he has had little playing time and has been injury and has still managed to outshine Valencia and Nani. It will be a shame to see him go. That means we need to strength because I don't think Valencia, Young and Zaha are good enough set to go to war at home and abroad with.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Same could be said of Valencia and Young.
Exactly, and the majority of the Caf' would be happy to see both them sold this summer. So it's a bit hypocritical for some to be upset at the inevitable selling of Nani, when they would be happy to sell the other two. Even though the other two aren't reportedly demanding wages they're clearly not worth.

Devil may care

Exactly, and the majority of the Caf' would be happy to see both them sold this summer. So it's a bit hypocritical for some to be upset at the inevitable selling of Nani, when they would be happy to sell the other two. Even though the other two aren't reportedly demanding wages they're clearly not worth.
Well the fact is that a large section of the Caf never wanted Young to start with and Nani just brings a flair and excitement when on form that neither of the other 2 can get near. We've always been a club with special talent on the flanks and I just think most see Nani as the only one of the three that brings that.

Platato

Psst!
True KC but I think it's rare to see one aspect of your team perform consistently below average but the team still obtains success. Such was Fergie's desire to win supplemented by the purchase of van Persie. Our central midfield wasn't anything to write home about either but we got the job done in the end.

I think Nani could have gotten more chances to prove himself and that's the only gripe from me. How Valencia kept getting games, I'll never know but if Nani does leave, I wonder what we'll do as a result. Moyes doesn't seem the type of manager to tinker with players' positions like Sir Alex did. I just feel he'll stick to putting players in their best positions.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I'm feeling mixed about this.On one hand, gutted to see such a talented (despite inconsistent) player leave to play in Turkey (nothing against that league but he could have found better) when his other direct competitors (wingers) are clearly weaker than him.

On the other hand, Nani hasn't contributed much to last season's performances so there ever was a moment for him to leave, it'd be this transfer window.Whatever happens, I'll respect him and wish him good luck

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Would be a shame to see him leave. Our best winger when in form and played consistently. Plus he gives us something that very few of our other players have. But if he goes, it won't be the end of the world.

I would be frustrated if he did go and then we just buy a like for like replacement when we could have just kept nani.

Zen

Should of cashed in after his fluke season really......but thankfully it's not on a free

Status
Not open for further replies.