Luis Suárez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Lovren, Moreno, Origi and 2 of Sanchez, Markovic and Shaqiri.

Origi looks to be done. The names may be swapped before it's all over, but I think it will be the same numbers and player profiles we'll be looking at getting in.
Origi looked very good on World Cup (haven't seen him before) but I think that you need someone who is ready to replace Suarez immediately, not someone who needs time to develop. I think that on Sterling and Coutinho you have two fantastic talents, but you need some experience there (together with Sturridge). Sanchez would obviously be ideal, but I don't know if you can get him. Shaqiri would also be a very good signing and won't cost that much. I have the same reservation for Markovic as for Orini, talented player but won't be the solution immediately.

Still on Lovren and Moreno you will considerably improve your defense. The weak point will be Johnson, but Sakho, Lovren and Moreno are pretty good.

Revan

Assumptionman
This is the one thing I don't understand, why anyone would want to post on a rival's fan site. Although to be honest they are actually allowed to post pretty much anything while I can't see that being welcomed on RAWK for instance
I've been welcomed to RAWK and there are plenty of United supporters there.

Out of interest, are any United fans allowed to post on RAWK?

I am not having a dig, btw, I think it is good to have rival fans on here to give some balance.
Yep, I am a part time RAWKite and there are a few United supporters there. It isn't near as bad as the legends say.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
Unlikely. With Suarez gone the party is over. :lol:

I think you will find its you who worry's too much about United. You don't find me posting on one of your horrible fan boards.
I gave up worrying about United after their 7th or 8th Premier title. I simply enjoy engaging with United fans on Liverpool related topics. We got a good glimpse last season of what will happen on here though should Liverpool do the unthinkable & eventually end our long wait for a league title. It bordered on suicidal. We've been through a 20 year pain barrier. Question is, how will you handle it should you go a while without winning a title ?

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
thats a good idea, his Champions League Experience would be invaluable and even though going off what i've read on here alot of people seem to be saying you'll be out early I actually think you'll do pretty well, if you get someone like Cole in you could make Quarter Finals. But my one worry would be lack of experience at the back in the Big games
Cole is a good idea - and would give our youngsters time to develop whilst not affecting their long term chances of making the first team.
Brad Smith in particular is a good prospect at left back.

Origi looked very good on World Cup (haven't seen him before) but I think that you need someone who is ready to replace Suarez immediately, not someone who needs time to develop. I think that on Sterling and Coutinho you have two fantastic talents, but you need some experience there (together with Sturridge). Sanchez would obviously be ideal, but I don't know if you can get him. Shaqiri would also be a very good signing and won't cost that much. I have the same reservation for Markovic as for Orini, talented player but won't be the solution immediately.

Still on Lovren and Moreno you will considerably improve your defense. The weak point will be Johnson, but Sakho, Lovren and Moreno are pretty good.
It won't be long before Flanagan replaces Johnson. Good points overall.
Origi rumour is he will be loaned straight back.

I've been welcomed to RAWK and there are plenty of United supporters there.

Yep, I am a part time RAWKite and there are a few United supporters there. It isn't near as bad as the legends say.
Most Liverpool/United banter on there is decent, and there are a lot of good posters on RAWK. As ever sensible debate depends on the quality of the posters, on both sides.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Origi looked very good on World Cup (haven't seen him before) but I think that you need someone who is ready to replace Suarez immediately, not someone who needs time to develop.
Origi will be loaned back immediately. He's nothing to do with Suarez.

redman5

In a world of my own. People know me here.
This is the one thing I don't understand, why anyone would want to post on a rival's fan site. Although to be honest they are actually allowed to post pretty much anything while I can't see that being welcomed on RAWK for instance
I doubt anyone as bitter & twisted as you would survive long on a Liverpool forum. But there are a lot of people on both sides of the fence who can debate without spewing bile & vitriol when it comes to discussing the opposition.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I gave up worrying about United after their 7th or 8th Premier title. I simply enjoy engaging with United fans on Liverpool related topics. We got a good glimpse last season of what will happen on here though should Liverpool do the unthinkable & eventually end our long wait for a league title. It bordered on suicidal. We've been through a 20 year pain barrier. Question is, how will you handle it should you go a while without winning a title ?
I was around in the 80s so I remember it well.

Poor choice of words.

Revan

Assumptionman
Most Liverpool/United banter on there is decent, and there are a lot of good posters on RAWK. As ever sensible debate depends on the quality of the posters, on both sides.
Yeah, the only problem is that they don't have a newbie system to filter shit posters which results with some posters to try to prove that they are good posters by posting shit nonsense against United. However, with the relaxed newbie system redcafe will probably have the same problem on the near future.

Raul Madrid

Yeah, the only problem is that they don't have a newbie system to filter shit posters which results with some posters to try to prove that they are good posters by posting shit nonsense against United. However, with the relaxed newbie system redcafe will probably have the same problem on the near future.
Yup. Some very bad ones either on 9 likes or have been promoted recently. Myself included :p

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Thought the newb system was a smart idea, definitely should be a equirement for many other forums I know of. But ultimately, I'm sure, it's harder to have a successful one these days since you can exercise your pleasure for verbal diarrhea throughout the web now

Revan

Assumptionman
How has it been relaxed?
It is easier to get promoted these days. Before it was with 15 likes, now it is with 10 (obviously, you can get direct promotion without getting all those likes, but that was before too). These days you see a lot more posters getting promoted, and the 2014 generation on general has been very poor. You also see quite a few recently promoted posters getting banned soon after they get promotion. Also, before you rarely saw people getting promoted with only a couple of hundred posts or so, but now that has become the norm.

Thought the newb system was a smart idea, definitely should be a equirement for many other forums I know of. But ultimately, I'm sure, it's harder to have a successful one these days since you can exercise your pleasure for verbal diarrhea throughout the web now
Yeah, it keeps most of the bad posters outside of it and it prepares other posters what to expect here.

Yup. Some very bad ones either on 9 likes or have been promoted recently. Myself included :p
Actually, you may be the only one which I remember with username from 2014 posters and I think is a good poster. :)

Raul Madrid

It is easier to get promoted these days. Before it was with 15 likes, now it is with 10 (obviously, you can get direct promotion without getting all those likes, but that was before too). These days you see a lot more posters getting promoted, and the 2014 generation on general has been very poor. You also see quite a few recently promoted posters getting banned soon after they get promotion. Also, before you rarely saw people getting promoted with only a couple of hundred posts or so, but now that has become the norm.

Yeah, it keeps most of the bad posters outside of it and it prepares other posters what to expect here.

Actually, you may be the only one which I remember with username from 2014 posters and I think is a good poster. :)
Thanks, although I think that may be due to the low standards people have for the 2014 promoted posters :lol:.

Cina sucks

On probation. Man Utd'll Never Walk Alone
The Scouse accent is so bad. Everyone there just sounds common.

Cina sucks

To be fair, Lance does have a point, PickledRed. Don't come to a Utd supporter's forum expecting Utd supporters to say nice thing about Liverpool the team, city or people.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
Go through all my posts. Never do I engage in gutter-based point scoring regarding stereotypes and prejudice.

I expect a certain level of antagonism towards Liverpool and the fan base but when the discussion gets moronic about accents it's moved from debate to obnoxious invective. It's also incredibly glib, which is my fault for engaging with such stupid commentary.

Cina sucks

Go through all my posts. Never do I engage in gutter-based point scoring regarding stereotypes and prejudice.

I expect a certain level of antagonism towards Liverpool and the fan base but when the discussion gets moronic about accents it's moved from debate to obnoxious invective. It's also incredibly glib, which is my fault for engaging with such stupid commentary.
Cheer up, la. Next year is your year.

Lance Uppercut

You could always, you know, leave?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Everyone needs to chill out and have a normal debate. Violators will be ejected from this thread without warning.

Lance Uppercut

We all could, but that's not really in the spirit of this or any quality forum, is it?
If I joined a forum and quickly discovered that the content was not to my liking, I would leave. Maybe that's just me.

Anyway, Suarez, huh. Club makes an ass of themselves defending him, costing Kenny his job, and now he goes and forces himself out. After trying to join Arse last year. What a scumbag.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
If I joined a forum and quickly discovered that the content was not to my liking, I would leave. Maybe that's just me.
I agree. But as the majority of content here is to my liking I feel no incentive to leave.

Anyway, Suarez, huh. Club makes an ass of themselves defending him, costing Kenny his job, and now he goes and forces himself out. After trying to join Arse last year. What a scumbag.
If Liverpool get £70 odd million for him then he can be roundly regarded as a fantastic signing given his initial fee and his level of performance and contribution to the development of players around him such as Sterling and Sturridge. I know the narrative on here veers towards deep rooted dislike, but if he played for your team and played like he did over the past two years I'm pretty sure United fans would view him similarly.

As irritating as it may seem, Suarez will be remembered with fondness by Liverpool fans which I know will likely encourage calls of moral outrage from a high and mighty few. But so what...

Lance Uppercut

It is not irritating in the slightest. It is rather amusing, actually. The guy pisses in your face and you still won't say a bad word against him.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
It is not irritating in the slightest. It is rather amusing, actually. The guy pisses in your face and you still won't say a bad word against him.
He's just been player of the year and widely regarded as the league's best player. He couldn't have done more for Liverpool's unlikely title challenge. I hope more Liverpool players p*ss in my face in such a way.

I didn't see many United fans amused by Suarez's influence on Liverpool's form last season. In fact, the chief concern now (and the past year) seems to be that he leave Liverpool rather than how he behaves. The faux sanctimony is yawn-inducing. This stuff is primarily tribal and not to do with morals and how he has "treated" Liverpool - as if you care about such things.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This stuff is primarily tribal and not to do with morals and how he has "treated" Liverpool - as if you care about such things.
You need to learn to speak for yourself, and not conveniently assume things which - surprise, surprise - suit your argument. Not everyone here is rabidly anti-Liverpool; not everyone puts football rivalry first.

Lance Uppercut

He's just been player of the year and widely regarded as the league's best player. He couldn't have done more for Liverpool's unlikely title challenge. I hope more Liverpool players p*ss in my face in such a way.
So do I.

I didn't see many United fans amused by Suarez's influence on Liverpool's form last season. In fact, the chief concern now (and the past year) seems to be that he leave Liverpool rather than how he behaves. The faux sanctimony is yawn-inducing. This stuff is primarily tribal and not to do with morals and how he has "treated" Liverpool - as if you care about such things.
I find it funny that you worship him, irrespective of what he does. If I were in your position, I would hate him. I suppose that is where we differ.

PickledRed

Supports
Liverpool
You need to learn to speak for yourself, and not conveniently assume things which - surprise, surprise - suit your argument. Not everyone here is rabidly anti-Liverpool; not everyone puts football rivalry first.
I think my analysis is accurate quite frankly, which is why it suits my argument. If I didn't think that I wouldn't propagate such an argument.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I think my analysis is accurate quite frankly, which is why it suits my argument. If I didn't think that I wouldn't propagate such an argument.
It isn't an analysis - it's a hunch. Anyway, generalisations rarely equate to facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.