Luka Modric / Signs for Real Madrid

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
There is. His ego.

Horrible deal for a man who is supposed to be a master of negotiations.
It's not a shocking deal, when you look at it, it's actually a respectable deal for a player like Modric.

twitter thread suggester
:lol: This is bad even for Glaston. He'll do anything to save face.

Brophs

The One and Only
I will tell you that, not including the very substantial add-ons, the fee is higher than the total figure given by SSN including their add-ons.
Right. Again, there's nothing stopping you revealing the real fee. I very much doubt clubs are reading this thinking that they're going to fleece Spurs now that they know they're minted.

acnumber9

It's not a shocking deal, when you look at it, it's actually a respectable deal for a player like Modric.
Not when worse players go for more and all the posturing they've done. Who are they going to replace him with for that money?

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I see Glastons in denial.....

23million upfront... bloody hell :lol:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Not when worse players go for more and all the posturing they've done. Who are they going to replace him with for that money?
Moutinho will be an adequate replacement for a player who is overrated and who Spurs will cope without. Sure, some players go for more but they shouldn't be used as comparisons. Plenty of better players have gone for similar fees, while similar ones will have gone for less. Just because one player is overpaid for doesn't mean anyone better than him should go for more.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
This is bad even for Glaston. He'll do anything to save face.
Well, I relayed info on here a couple of months ago, saying that Modric would not be sold to a Prem club. And despite all the sceptism (yet again) that info has been proved right ... just as my relayed info was right about everything during the Berbatov saga stretching over two summers (check the threads if you don't believe it), again in the face of widespread skepticism on here.

And I said on here earlier today, before the news broke on SSN, that the Modric deal was done (in fact I knew that before today).

So the sceptism on here is nothing new. But then again my relaying the correct info - as proved by events - is nothing new either.

What I've relayed about Modric's fee is accurate.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Well, I relayed info on here a couple of months ago, saying that Modric would not be sold to a Prem club. And despite all the sceptism (yet again) that info has been proved right ... just as my relayed info was right about everything during the Berbatov saga stretching over two summers (check the threads if you don't believe it), again in the face of widespread skepticism on here.

And I said on here earlier today, before the news broke on SSN, that the Modric deal was done (in fact I knew that before today).

So the sceptism on here is nothing new. But then again my relaying the correct info - as proved by events - is nothing new either.

This is low. You're not ITK, you're just butthurt that a player of yours isn't going for as much as you want him to go for. Pathetic.:lol::lol::lol:

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Right. Again, there's nothing stopping you revealing the real fee. I very much doubt clubs are reading this thinking that they're going to fleece Spurs now that they know they're minted.
Whatever ... I imagine that Levy is happy with the total sum, but I've relayed all the detail I care to right now.

If you're that interested you can PM me when the window is closed.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
... You're not ITK ...
If you read my posts you'd know that I don't claim to be ITK, so your point falls flat.

I have zero direct contact with anyone connected to the club.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
If you read my posts you'd know that I don't claim to be ITK, so your point falls flat.

I have zero direct contact with anyone connected to the club.
Wait, how can you claim to know the fee then? If you do then you're ITK.

Brophs

The One and Only
Whatever ... I imagine that Levy is happy with the total sum, but I've relayed all the detail I care to right now.

If you're that interested you can PM me when the window is closed.
What will that achieve if they'll have announced it?

For the third and (hopefully) last time, what reason do you have not to tell us what the 'real' fee is?

I'll tell you what, if you are very shy PM me with the 'real' figure and you have my word I won't reveal it until it's officially announced. If they match up then I'll gladly apologise.

Crustanoid

We're in cahoots with Real on this one.

Spurs won't sell Modric to us. We buy Madrid another galactico forward, they get us Modric for a decent price.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I think we can safely say that Sky Sports are more likely to have connections and knowledge about transfer dealings of a Premier League club than GlastonSpur on RedCafe.net.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Wait, how can you claim to know the fee then? If you do then you're ITK.
Because one or two genuine ITKs do exist, believe it or not, despite all the fakes and wannabes.

I just relay occasional bits of info from these "one or two", and what they've said almost always proves right.

Other than this I know nothing more than the average Joe.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
What will that achieve if they'll have announced it?

For the third and (hopefully) last time, what reason do you have not to tell us what the 'real' fee is?

I'll tell you what, if you are very shy PM me with the 'real' figure and you have my word I won't reveal it until it's officially announced. If they match up then I'll gladly apologise.
OK, a PM is coming your way later. But I doubt that anything will be officially announced.

Spurs are no longer a plc and so are not obliged to publish the fee.

As for RM - they'll use their mouthpiece (Marca) to say anything that will please their fans. But are they (RM) legally obliged to publish the fee? I've no idea - perhaps you'll know better than me.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Glaston has been spot on about the developments everytime. Why are people having a go?

The fee is smaller than he suggested it would be and it was naive to think that Levy and Spurs are uniquely able to resist the desires of a player for more than one season. No club can really, maybe City or Chelski if they wanted to lose money to prove a point but it just isn't ever worth it.

Suedesi

You should have sold to a Prem Club. You would have made more money, posturing aside.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Would have been a good buy for us but clearly had his heart on moving abroad.

He's pretty good but not excellent. He is no where Fabregas' level for example. Not even close.

savais

Not too fussed about losing out on him (well, nit trying for him anyway) after watching Cleverly yesterday. He was very very good at the simple pass and move game, and most of his passes were one touch passes. Also thought Lingard had a very similar type of game during preseason. With Carrick, Scholes, Anderson and Cleverly in the middle, I think we're okay for this season. Hopefully, Lingard, Petrucci and Januzaj will step up in the future.

We definitely need to acquire a ball winner in midfield soon. Don't have anyone like that in our squad. Hopefully next summer.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
You should have sold to a Prem Club. You would have made more money, posturing aside.
If they wanted money they should have sold last year to Chelsea, after Modric's best season, before he'd been tapped up by Madrid and when Chelsea really needed reinforcements.

One year on, the player's now described as nearly 27, not 25 as he was viewed last year. He's had a good but not great season, he's had time to brood over exactly what move he wants to make and Chelsea have bought reinforcements.

The only problem with Levy's stance is that it looks like it's left AvB with a last week scramble for players and he appears to have got only a couple of million extra by doing it. I guess he saw Real Madrid's balance sheet and forgot that Perez is a businessman as well.

AlwaysRedwood

Would have been a good buy for us but clearly had his heart on moving abroad.

He's pretty good but not excellent. He is no where Fabregas' level for example. Not even close.
He acted like a complete cnut at the end. Happy not to have him at United.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He acted like a complete cnut at the end. Happy not to have him at United.
He signed a long contract with the promise of moving somewhere else if a big club comes knocking at Spurs doors. Spurs has already sabotaged his deal with Chelsea which could have earned him a CL medal. Now they are trying to do the same with Real. No wonder why he's acting as a complete cnut.

AlwaysRedwood

He signed a long contract with the promise of moving somewhere else if a big club comes knocking at Spurs doors. Spurs has already sabotaged his deal with Chelsea which could have earned him a CL medal. Now they are trying to do the same with Real. No wonder why he's acting as a complete cnut.
If he's stupid enough to sign a contract and thinks he's going to walk away when he wants, then he deserves whatever he gets.

As I said, he's been a cnut and I'm glad he's not at United.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Erm, now my maths has never been my strong point... but £26m is a fair bit away from £40m...

Madrid have got an excellent deal out of this.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Erm, now my maths has never been my strong point... but £26m is a fair bit away from £40m...

Madrid have got an excellent deal out of this.
It seems that gullibility is your strong point, seeing as you place so much faith in SSN's journalistic integrity and accuracy.

This report, from the Daily Telegraph, is much closer to the actual truth:

"Luka Modric edges closer to Real Madrid move from Tottenham Hotspur

Real Madrid made a significant breakthrough in their protracted attempt to sign Luka Modric from Tottenham on Wednesday after offering to increase their up-front fee beyond £30 million on a potential £38 million deal.

Tottenham had initially placed a £50 million price-tag on their midfielder and had turned down a deal that could have risen to more than £35million because they were unhappy with the guaranteed proportion of the payment.

Real, however, have indicated that they are willing to restructure the deal to guarantee Tottenham closer to £35 million and Modric is now finally expected in Madrid in the next 48 hours for a medical and to agree personal terms."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... tspur.html

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If he's stupid enough to sign a contract and thinks he's going to walk away when he wants, then he deserves whatever he gets.

As I said, he's been a cnut and I'm glad he's not at United.
So you're saying that Ronaldo was stupid in signing a new contract with us despite him wanting to go to Real? And what about Rooney who did the same thing with Everton despite him going to United few weeks later? In both cases the clubs owners acted as true gentlemen and allowed their stars to leave at a realistic fee. Levy refused to keep his part of the deal which costed Modric a realistic chance of winning a CL medal, and thats because he was 'stupid' enough in trusting Spurs owner.

Levy should thank his lucky stars that he had an honest player rather a true cnut like Ibra, Ince or Vieri. These players would have probably sealed a hush hush deal with some big club and limited themselves to play cack for the entire season. Not to forget the million and one ways that can be used to unsettle the side, like for example wearing someone elses shirt, insulting the owners over the media and get into fights with team mate. Guess how much money Modric would cost at that point?

Annihilate Now!

Scout
It seems that gullibility is your strong point, seeing as you place so much faith in SSN's journalistic integrity and accuracy.

Real Madrid made a significant breakthrough in their protracted attempt to sign Luka Modric from Tottenham on Wednesday after offering to increase their up-front fee beyond £30 million on a potential £38 million deal.

Tottenham had initially placed a £50 million price-tag on their midfielder and had turned down a deal that could have risen to more than £35million because they were unhappy with the guaranteed proportion of the payment.

Real, however, have indicated that they are willing to restructure the deal to guarantee Tottenham closer to £35 million and Modric is now finally expected in Madrid in the next 48 hours for a medical and to agree personal terms."

Actually smart-arse, I'm going off the figure mentioned earlier on this page as stated in Marca of 32 Euro's, which i roughly worked out as being about £26mil.

I don't know what SSN as reporting... but why is what the Telegraph are reporting closer to the truth? Is it based on something? Genuine question... The Guardian also have the fee at £26m plus add ons.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/15/tottenham-luka-modric-real-madrid?newsfeed=true

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Actually smart-arse, I'm going off the figure mentioned earlier on this page as stated in Marca of 32 Euro's, which i roughly worked out as being about £26mil.

I don't know what SSN as reporting... but why is what the Telegraph are reporting closer to the truth? Is it based on something? Genuine question... The Guardian also have the fee at £26m plus add ons.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/15/tottenham-luka-modric-real-madrid?newsfeed=true
You're going off the figures given by that bastion of independent footballing reports called Marca? Well, good luck with that.

There are a variety of figures given by different media outlets. You've cited two of them, I've cited one (The Telegraph: 38m). To these we might add the Daily Mail (38m), The Sun (36m), The Express (28m) and several others. Yer pays yer money and you takes yer pick.

As for your question, read back earlier in this thread.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
You're going off the figures given by that bastion of independent footballing reports called Marca? Well, good luck with that.

There are a variety of figures given by different media outlets. You've cited two of them, I've cited one (The Telegraph: 38m). To these we might add the Daily Mail (38m), The Sun (36m), The Express (28m) and several others. Yer pays yer money and you takes yer pick.

As for your question, read back earlier in this thread.
Marca's full of shit, but it's a figure on the page, thus I used it. As you've then kindly gone on to demonstrate, the figure varies between whatever publication you read.... so I would venture that nobody seemingly has a clue, including yourself.

Besides, The Telegraph can hardly be seen as a template for accuracy... they too produce some gems themselves of course, here's a recent example

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...d-to-sign-30m-Lucas-Moura-from-Sao-Paolo.html

KanieKaned

sounds about right that, also seems more likely as its coming from the Telegraph probably the only paper that doesnt just copy and paste other outlets articles. They at least try and get the facts right before going to print.

Keano16

According to Croatian reports, Kia Joorabchian is involved in final round of negotiations between Tottenham and Real... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Modric is a twat. He should never have signed a six year contract and then just expected the club to roll over and let him leave whenever he wants.

I take my hat off to Levy for not caving in and letting him go last summer.