Luka Modric / Signs for Real Madrid

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Probably the other way round.

Madrid need good loan moves for their young players (and sometimes their old ones like Carvalho). Spurs could be a good match for them.
That's exactly what a feeder club is.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Is the term "feeder club" meant to be an insult?

M'Vila might go some ways in compensating for Modric's departure. More interested in seeing how Modric will fit in at Madrid.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's a term for a type of agreement between clubs, can be used as an insult as well though, "Spurs are our feeder club" etc.

acnumber9

Sigurdsson is very obviously not intended to be Modric's replacement. He's a very different type of player, with very different role.
I know. That's kind of the point I was making regarding giving yourselves four days to replace him.

nemanja15

Remember this? :lol:

LUKA MODRIC is on his way to Manchester United.

Boss Alex Ferguson has offered Tottenham a £25million fee, rising to £30m based on appearances and success.

Modric, 26, will be handed a four-year deal worth £26m.

His wages of £125,000 a week will put him among the big earners at Old Trafford.

Modric has kept up to date with talks while at Euro 2012 with Croatia and will seal the move on his return.

Spurs held off interest from Chelsea to hold on to the midfielder last year.

The Croatian said he had no intention of quitting Spurs having signed a six-year deal in May 2010.

United boss Fergie signed Japanese star Shinji Kagawa this week and wants Newcastle’s Cheick Tiote and Everton left-back Leighton Baines — but refuses to match the £20m valuations on each.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...in-25m-deal-from-Tottenham.html#ixzz24lPQQMwd

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Wasn't Glaston spouting in the past how Modric wouldn't go for less than 50m? ...
That was last summer (when Spurs turned down a 40m bid from Chelski) - and in relation to a Premier league club.

Get with the times.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
moral of the story:

act a cnut, get your move.
To be fair to Modric he gave them another year. Then when Levy looked like he was gunna be a cnut about it he must have seen similarities to last Summer so forced it through.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
What's these bollocks I'm hearing about the clause in his contract regarding extra money for a potential Ballon d'or award?

Quality player and all that but imo he won't surpass Ozil's level of performance and he himself is some way off getting it.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
He did what he does normally, I didn't notice anything worth of note. I believe Madrid fans are expecting slightly different player to the kind he is.

redmeister

I'm not sure if you forgot but there is a team in la liga that has probably the three best center midfielders in the world alone. You seriously believe that by the end of the season modric will be better then xavi, iniesta or fabregas? Or even xavi Alonso for that matter? He's a fantastic player no doubt but the barca players are on a whole other level.
I'm aware of all of that. Also I don't mean to suggest Modric will improve that much, but that playing on this stage his genius will finally be fully recognized. He'll play to the same level he did against Spain in the Euros, only at Madrid he'll see 3 times as much of the ball. Even from his very short cameo tonight it's clear just how comfortable he is on the ball and how well links the play. This was just a very minor taster. By Chrsitmas he'll be running games from start to finish.

MoneyMay

Unreal performance again.

Question: Has he been the best central midfielder in La Liga this season?