Luka Modric / Signs for Real Madrid

cj_sparky

He would be more of a first team player, he'd play his way into the first eleven. Scholes is going to retire soon, Modric would be a good replacement for him. We're obviously not going to get someone like Fabregas.
What in the bloody bollocks is wrong with you? We don't buy a player like Modric to keep him on the bench and there is no way in hell we would even buy Modric when we still have Scholes. IF we buy Modric, then it is to replace Scholes. Modric a squad/bench player? Are you on crack?
Look maybe my post wasn't worded in the best way, But for me nobody has a devine right to walk straight into a team. Our midfield that in all honesty is playing pretty well right now considering two have been heavily out of form in Carrick and Anderson. Both whom are coming to the fore, with their recent performances seemingly still improving, and Fletch hasn't been too bad but is playing within himself just recently.

I don't doubt Modric's quality, but I feel he wouldn't jump straight into our starting eleven and would have to work his way into a permanent place.

No need to spaz out about it.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Temp ban for using "caughtoffside" as a source.
seconded

add goal.com to that list too
Whooa there...I told you I'm not a muppet regular. This guy at work just mentioned it he was looking at something & I looked on here to see if anyone had posted anything.

Thought it might provoke a bit of debate...seems to have worked out alright...didn't mean any offence to anyone...:nervous:

Even the Spurs fan thought he would be a shoe in for Scholes when he retires...

Don't shoot the messenger...:(

I ain't coming in here again, it bloody dangerous...phew think I just about got out alive...

AttackingFlair

£30m for Modric? Yeah, right. He's worth around £20m at very most. Next.
Load of shit, name me a better central midfielder than Modric that we could get at a better price or similar. He's also worth more than £20m when the likes of Carrick and Hargreaves were bought for £17m each.

Anduin

Load of shit, name me a better central midfielder than Modric that we could get at a better price or similar. He's also worth more than £20m when the likes of Carrick and Hargreaves were bought for £17m each.
What we clearly need is another central midfielder who contributes next to feck all to our attack.
I don't care how much Carrick and Hargreaves cost, Modric is not worth £30m. How much is Bale worth then (considering his potential and his age), £50m? The transfer market is ridiculous, thank feck we do not participate in this crap every year.

AttackingFlair

What we clearly need is another central midfielder who contributes next to feck all to our attack.
I don't care how much Carrick and Hargreaves cost, Modric is not worth £30m. How much is Bale worth than (considering his potential and his age), £50m? The transfer market is ridiculous, thank feck we do not participate in this crap every year.
What the hell are you on about? If you don't think Modric would contribute to our attacking play then you are a moron.

Cina

Whether Modric is/isn't worth £30m, fact is he cost Spurs £18.75m, he'd be a fantastic asset to our team in an area we desperately need strengthening in, therefore there's no way Spurs would let him go for anything less than £30m.

I must be the only one on here who doesn't rate Luka Modric at all.
What does that tell you then? :)

Excal

Dunno why folks think a Spurs team in the Champions League with a decent shout to be back in it next year will be inclined to sell off players like they have in the past.

SATA

Whether Modric is/isn't worth £30m, fact is he cost Spurs £18.75m, he'd be a fantastic asset to our team in an area we desperately need strengthening in, therefore there's no way Spurs would let him go for anything less than £30m.

What does that tell you then? :)
I don't really know. I mean, i would rather have Aaron Lennon at half of that price, really. I've watched Spurs games, never seems to convince me especially put into a midfield central duo. All in all, a good player, not sure the right one for United.

Cina

I don't really know. I mean, i would rather have Aaron Lennon at half of that price, really. I've watched Spurs games, never seems to convince me especially put into a midfield central duo. All in all, a good player, not sure the right one for United.
Lennon? Are you mental? He's a right winger, which is probably our best equipped spot with Nani and Valencia, and not to mention his severe lack of end product.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
Whooa there...I told you I'm not a muppet regular.
Oh. See I was thinking 'what a muppet', after you posted a muppet thread, using a muppet source, in the muppet forum.

But if you say you are not a muppet then carry on.

Plan M

Can Scholesy let us know what's actually going on with this Modric to United rumour?

Jinn

All you guy's who are saying "shit, bollocks, not worth 30mil", etc would just about wet yourselves if he did happen to sign for us. Admit it!

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Get a grip guys, he's not coming. It just does not make sense for Spurs to sell him, especially since he's one of their key players and Spurs are challenging in the Champions league and a place in next year's competition.

The_Red_Hope

Get a grip guys, he's not coming. It just does not make sense for Spurs to sell him, especially since he's one of their key players and Spurs are challenging in the Champions league and a place in next year's competition.
Yep, the days of Spurs being our feeder club are over it would seem.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The only chance is if Spurs miss out on next years CL (a fairly good chance of happening) and Modric tried to force them to sell (unlikely). If they miss out two or three years in a row I can see him wanting to leave, but I'd be surprised if it'd happened after just the one time.

Ole'sbodyguard

30m for Modric would be a realistic price going off the length of his contract, the fact Spurs don't want to sell and going off some of the transfers which have happened recently.

Look at what the likes of Milner have gone for and the prices quoted for Henderson.

Spurs would pretty much hold all the aces on the deal and and that would mean paying a high transfer fee.

I don't think a deal is in the pipeline for a second but 30million would be the going rate for a Modric at the moment, bearing in mind his circumstances.

He's not a VDV, Robben, or Ozil type purchase where the buyers holds all the aces.

RedRover

Incredible. Lennon is one of teh most limited players in the PL - very quick, awful first touch, poor control, average passing and crossing and never plays with his head up. Modric on teh other hand pulls the strings and is teh player pretty much everything at spurs goes through - hence why all of the top clubs are/or have been after him.

Devil may care

Modric remains one of the best options there is in the 'potentially available' camp, for adding some craft to our midfield.

Ringo 07

Spurs simply will not sell any players if they remain in the champions league. If Chelsea pip them though then they might have no choice!

Donkey's Ears

He would be a perfect addition to our midfield but it would mean Anderson got much less playing time.

soapythecat

I'm with Ringo - Spurs won't sell if they make the UCL, which I think they fully will. Personally, I'd love Modric at United and I can't think of a better premiership midfielder to buy.

Alex

He would be a perfect addition to our midfield but it would mean Anderson got much less playing time.
I dont necessarily think that is true, rather I'd say it would mean less playing time for all our CMs since they are pretty much rotated and in the case of Darron Gibson he'd be shipped out