Lukaku might be open to Serie A move in the future | Read new OP

Rolaholic

How dare Rom disrespect the club like this,Ed should send him on the first plane out of Manchester on new years day

My poor attempt at sarcasm

L1nk

Would genuinely love us to get rid. Don't believe he is or will ever be in the elite tier of forwards, and isn't the forward to take us back to the top of the game. Would much rather us look at players like Werner, Icardi. I feel like we got Lukaku because of his height and presence more than we did for his actual footballing ability, can he score a decent amount of goals? yes, but Ruud Van Nistelrooy also did that and he was twice the player Lukaku is, yet we needed more than that, I feel like even though RVN was fantastic for us and I loved him, our overall game improved when we were playing someone like Saha.

He's also apparently undroppable no matter how much shite he serves up, in comparison to others who may have 1 half a bad game and they don't play for like 3 matches, which really annoys me.

el3mel

And how are we gonna sort the issue of link-up play and bringing others into the game?

Icardi is a very good, but limited striker.
Lukaku doesn't get many chances because of his rubbish movement and crap close control in tight situations.

With Icardi our count of chances will change. Any ball thrown for him inside or around the box will actually be considered a "chance" and an opportunity to score. We currently can't think of any "scoring chance" except tap ins and 1vs1 with the keeper. That's thanks to Lukaku limited ability. With any other top striker with clinical senses and good close control and positioning inside the box, our count of chances will change massively and we'll start seeing "a half chance" being converted to a "real chance".

As for linkup..etc, Lukaku isn't doing much in this department either anyway, so if it's absent regardless, swap him for a striker that will make you more threatening up front.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Mandzukic is 33 at the end of the season and Ronaldo will be 34. They're both not showing their age as of now but Lukaku would be a very good option for Juve.

He'd make a great partnership with Ronaldo given his ability on the counter, in the air and the fact he likes falling on the wings a lot.

It will never happen though.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
The only player I remember who openly talked about his ambitions of playing for another club was Ronaldo.

Lukaku has not been half as good for United as Ronaldo ever was.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Lukaku doesn't get many chances because of his rubbish movement and crap close control in tight situations.

With Icardi our count of chances will change. Any ball thrown for him inside or around the box will actually be considered a "chance" and an opportunity to score. We currently can't think of any "scoring chance" except tap ins and 1vs1 with the keeper. That's thanks to Lukaku limited ability. With any other top striker with clinical senses and good close control and positioning inside the box, our count of chances will change massively and we'll start seeing "a half chance" being converted to a "real chance".

As for linkup..etc, Lukaku isn't doing much in this department either anyway, so if it's absent regardless, swap him for a striker that will make you more threatening up front.
That doesn't change the fact he is limited in his own way and you need to fully set your team for him to be at his best. And in 2 years time we would ask for a striker who can pass the ball.

There is a reason big clubs aren't so interested in him, same as everyone was wondering what Aubawhatever is doing in Dortmund.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Never ceases to amaze me when I hear of a player openly stating his desire to play for a certain club, whilst legally contracted to another one. Fergie would have shipped him out in January for making such a disrespectful comment.

el3mel

That doesn't change the fact he is limited in his own way and you need to fully set your team for him to be at his best. And in 2 years time we would ask for a striker who can pass the ball.

There is a reason big clubs aren't so interested in him, same as everyone was wondering what Aubawhatever is doing in Dortmund.
I'm willing to set my team for a striker that will bang any half of a chance he'll get. That actually can bring some good results.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
He needs to be gone with comments like this

He said he’s Jose sergeant and “studies the game” when he gets home for hours and is a “student of the game”, what nonsense, absolute bullshitter who can’t control a ball or shoot without it going miles over or too much power being used.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
A nothing comment? Did you read his last four words?

‘I hope it happens’
I would like to hear what he actually said because that part is strange.

hobbers

Oh yes please.

Region of £70m offer i think we'd bite their hands off.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Never ceases to amaze me when I hear of a player openly stating his desire to play for a certain club, whilst legally contracted to another one. Fergie would have shipped him out in January for making such a disrespectful comment.
He didn't state a desire to play for another club though. He simply said he'd like the experience of playing in Seria A one day.

I can't be doing with this thread. Incredible how many people are getting riled without reading what was actually said.

LoneStar

What do you mean by decent fee? I think we would get about £60m for him.

Everyone knows he’s not World Class and he’s not good enough to be Utd’s lone striker (I wouldn’t be adverse to him being here with a top class forward) - but who on earth would we get instead of him?
£60m+add-ons would be decent for me. We certainly won't be getting more than what we paid for him, that's for sure.

As to who we get instead of him, that would depend mostly on the next manager and the style of play employed. For now, I could see Sanchez or Martial playing that role well under a different manager. I would like for us to have a more fluid front 3 where the goals are more evenly distributed across all 3.

As for Jose, I actually think Giroud would have been a better striker suited to the way we play, who is(was) very much attainable.

freeurmind

weak willed
£60m+add-ons would be decent for me. We certainly won't be getting more than what we paid for him, that's for sure.

As to who we get instead of him, that would depend mostly on the next manager and the style of play employed. For now, I could see Sanchez or Martial playing that role well under a different manager. I would like for us to have a more fluid front 3 where the goals are more evenly distributed across all 3.

As for Jose, I actually think Giroud would have been a better striker suited to the way we play, who is(was) very much attainable.
Cmon, surely that's a windup.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
You guys are too easy to wind up. Must be a laughing stock to oppo fans. It's the kind of thing we'd be rinsing other forums for...

LoneStar

Cmon, surely that's a windup.
Yeah he doesn't score goals, but he has good hold up play, and can bring others into play. Lukaku is simply not the target man type of striker that Jose wants him to be.

Probably a bad example, but I don't see him being worse than Lukaku, for a much lesser price.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Mandzukic is 33 at the end of the season and Ronaldo will be 34. They're both not showing their age as of now but Lukaku would be a very good option for Juve.

He'd make a great partnership with Ronaldo given his ability on the counter, in the air and the fact he likes falling on the wings a lot.

It will never happen though.
I'd love to see Ronaldo flipping his lid because Rom couldn't control a simple pass for the 15th time.