Lukaku might be open to Serie A move in the future | Read new OP

Moriarty

I like how this website is totally different from other forums. Arrogant, crybabies here. Romelu is a good player in a terrible system. With great players he looks unbeatable, with Mctominay and Rashford he looks bad. I hope he doesn't leave.
He's having a run of really poor form that he shows no sign of playing through. Maybe a rest for a couple of games would do him good, but Jose's not going to drop him.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Its not bad form per se this is what he does. Even those 2 for belgium he missed a few sitters then too. In the tight games you dont get loads of chances thats why he costs you ala the spurs game.
Going back to my original point though, let's say we replace him. Who doesn't miss a few chances each game? I've seen all the other big PL strikers miss chances this season. It happens.

el3mel

Straight swap for Icardi and I won't miss your first touch, Rom.

Cloud7

I agree with that applied to this season, where Lukaku is playing poorly, as is the team as a whole. It doesn't apply as fairly to last season though does it?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make with the last sentence, but yea I agree, playing the amount he does can't help. He must be shattered.
He had 16 goals in the league last season, nothing special. Also his link up play left a lot to be desired then as well. I’ve been fairly consistent in my view that signing Lukaku was a mistake, and he isn’t the striker we need to get back to the very top. He’s done little in his time here to change that view.

As for the second part, Aguero gets less time on the pitch, in a team that scores a lot of goals as teams tire out. If he played every minute for city he would have more goals as well. Salah hasn’t looked right all season, similarly with Kane. Lukaku looks the same as he has always looked for us IMO.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I hate when players say that about their future. Yes, you are professionals and that is the life of football player but why you must say that loud and clear? Not cool.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
He faked his way into a career at Man Utd, he’ll not be able to do the same once more. Before someone brings up all his goals for Belgium, even Nicklas Bendtner could score hat-tricks against Gibraltar with de Breuyne and Hazard behind him.
You write it as a joke, but there is factual evidence for that. Niklas Bendtner scored against Pep's Bayern with De Bruyne delivering it on a plate for him:lol:

Canagel

I have to wonder with fans like this, how are your insanely high expectations ever met? Do you only watch United's full games, but highlights of the other clubs, so you assume other strikers bang home every chance?
Lukaku is 1 goal behind the likes of Aguero and Kane, ahead of Salah, yet you don't see their fans celebrating a gutter press story about the chance of moving them on. Anyone we'd replace him with will clearly not live up to your expectations either, so why celebrate the idea?
His all round game is a level below those players. And United always had top strikers who would make the difference in tight games. Again Lukaku falls short. His touch is erratic and he misses too many chances.not the level we need unfortunately.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
I wonder if he knows most United fans hope so too.

God players these days are infuriating, no class.

el3mel

Going back to my original point though, let's say we replace him. Who doesn't miss a few chances each game? I've seen all the other big PL strikers miss chances this season. It happens.
Lukaku's problems are far more than missing few chances mate. If it was missing chances alone it would have been easier actually.

United Junkie

We had players who were not Man United quality but I still liked them. He's not Man United quality and even if its not his fault I still cant like him. We should never gone for him.

Cloud7

I like how this website is totally different from other forums. Arrogant, crybabies here. Romelu is a good player in a terrible system. With great players he looks unbeatable, with Mctominay and Rashford he looks bad. I hope he doesn't leave.
I’m curious as to what places you’re talking about that are different to here. From what I see, this forum is far more complimentary and positive towards Lukaku than other forums and websites, both from United fans and fans of other clubs :confused:

Major

Supports
chelsea
I wonder if he knows most United fans hope so too.

God players these days are infuriating, no class.
Would be probably fine if it was just the good players, now even average wannabes are also throwing tantrums (see Christiansen at Chelsea too)

Wilt

Tat-ta then. Only trouble is, he'd probably miss the flight.

AKDevil

I hope so too, tbh. I’ve wondered how we’ll get rid of him because, let’s be honest, top, top level...he’s not good enough. And I can’t see him improving. If an Italian club wants him, please take.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Was this at Wolfsberg? I need to see proof :lol:

German Supercup 2015. Bendtner equalizes against Bayern with a great finish in the 90th minute after De Bruyne put in a peach of a cross.

He even scored the penalty to win the whole thing for Wolfsburg:D

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

German Supercup 2015. Bendtner equalizes against Bayern with a great finish in the 90th minute after De Bruyne put in a peach of a cross.

Actually doubt Lukaku would have scored that. He'd be stood at the penalty mark pointing towards his feet while the defender would have cleared it.

GBBQ

He’s asked by an Italian journalist if he’d like to play in Italy one day. He’s hardly going to say ‘stick your poxy league up your hole’. It’s a nothing story.

You're too kind - thank you

LoneStar

The one player in our team I would be happy to let go for a decent fee. Look forward to the day this guy doesn't stink up the whole place.

The one player in our team I would be happy to let go for a decent fee. Look forward to the day this guy doesn't stink up the whole place.
What do you mean by decent fee? I think we would get about £60m for him.

Everyone knows he’s not World Class and he’s not good enough to be Utd’s lone striker (I wouldn’t be adverse to him being here with a top class forward) - but who on earth would we get instead of him?

Dumbat12

And i'm open to Lukaku moving there. There are far better strikers than him. We're not gonna win the league with such a limited striker.

Mainoldo

I’m more scared of who Jose would try replace him with lol. Peter Crouch.