Lukaku To Discuss Future

Tarrou

I am just telling the reason why he is getting s**t in this thread :D
Fair enough. But as I said its just his agent talking him up, as any good agent would do for their client in this situation.

Kaku always gave his best for us.

Bobski

He is exactly what many of us thought he was when linked while at Everton. Good goal scorer with too many limitations for the type of football a top club needs to to try in this age. He has done ok for us, not been a flop, scored some important goals and showed surprising leadership qualities at times when others were struggling but he is not what we need moving forward.

wolvored

I think it’s a convenient boogeyman for people to point to, to avoid dealing with the fact that a player might just want to leave their club. “Oh it’s not him, it’s the agent influencing him to leave so he can make his cut!”

If agents acted with such impunity and went against their client’s wishes they would be without a job. Is it really that hard to imagine that there are some players who just want to change clubs regularly?
Thats what I think. Agents are only there for the paperwork and to be a mouthpiece for the players wishes.

Greck

Thanks Jose. This, Matic, Fred and Alexis represent huge outlays the club will struggle to recover value from. At least LVG had the good sense not to blame a lack of spending after he blew 300 million.

unitedsoldier

Oh my goodness how quick are people to believe or react in favour of the rumours than the players? Wow at this rate ssn could say rashford is going to be a dad or something and people will find a world of negatives. Has the player said anything?

Support the player before the rumours. Lukaku is a brilliant player we ought to keep at United and I am sure he wants to stay ( I am slightly more connected than I may let on) but please people don't fall for the backroom sky sports staff and their rumours. They get paid to frustrate, United fans especially. Liverpool is steeped in Sky sports because of Hillsborough in ways you couldn't imagine. Just be aware what you read and fall for. Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
The problem is there is a big drought of strikers to be picked up relatively easily. It's very hard to find. No matter who the replacement would be, it would be a fortune to get him.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
He is exactly what many of us thought he was when linked while at Everton. Good goal scorer with too many limitations for the type of football a top club needs to to try in this age. He has done ok for us, not been a flop, scored some important goals and showed surprising leadership qualities at times when others were struggling but he is not what we need moving forward.
I remember some saying the poor first touch thing is a myth. Some people don't half do some mental gymnastics to be seen as positive and a good fan.

JohnnyKills

Always thought he'd be a stop gap until Rashford was ready, as he is now.

Decent striker but doesn't really suit a top club. He's lethal running onto balls through the middle but teams will always park the bus against United, so he doesn't have the space to show his best qualities.

If Greenwood gets some gametime between now and the end of the season, and shows he's ready, can see us letting Lukaku go.

Cloud7

I remember some saying the poor first touch thing is a myth. Some people don't half do some mental gymnastics to be seen as positive and a good fan.
We could put a United jersey on a bag of flour and put it in our LB position, and some of our fans would find a way to try and describe the bag of flour as an excellent LB for the team.

Greck

Or Woodward being consistently criticised by professional managers for failing to execute transfer strategies.
Woodward is another clown but Jose can't blame anyone for the transfers of Lukaku, Sanchez and Matic. Jose misused his own transfer kitty

OldTrevil

He’s probably the best in the world at pointing. He gives some world class interviews talking himself up as well. I wish we signed the Lukaku from the interviews.
The cheek of him to mention Barcelona and Real as matter of course teams he would play for. We should really have got the Lukaku in the media, he's undoubtedly world class, the real Lukaku is a Chinese knockoff :lol:

clarkydaz

Oh my goodness how quick are people to believe or react in favour of the rumours than the players? Wow at this rate ssn could say rashford is going to be a dad or something and people will find a world of negatives. Has the player said anything?

Support the player before the rumours. Lukaku is a brilliant player we ought to keep at United and I am sure he wants to stay ( I am slightly more connected than I may let on) but please people don't fall for the backroom sky sports staff and their rumours. They get paid to frustrate, United fans especially. Liverpool is steeped in Sky sports because of Hillsborough in ways you couldn't imagine. Just be aware what you read and fall for. Please.
this is a 10 page thread, have you actually read any of it?

nameischarles

More than likely he will stay. His not the striker we need but not sure if there is any other striker we can get right now that won’t cost a lot considering we have many other positions to fill.

It’ll be very hard to move him due to his wages and it’ll be very hard to get back or close to his transfer fee. Only Juventus can probably afford to pay him and the other clubs will probably offer a loan deal with an option to buy but at a very low rate due to his wages.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Woodward is another clown but Jose can't blame anyone for the transfers of Lukaku, Sanchez and Matic. Jose misused his own transfer kitty
Bailly?

Only Lindelhof is playing above expectations, while Pogba is in fits and starts

Greck

Bailly?

Only Lindelhof is playing above expectations, while Pogba is in fits and starts
Wrong thread but I'd love for Ole not to fall into the trap his predecessors did of misusing that first window mega transfer kitty. If wasted the manager might as well tender in their resignation because we don't have oil money to correct it

C'est Moi Cantona

Lukaku's crazy, this is his utopia, all he worked for before got him to a club like ours, and on the wages he is earning, the fact he's falling short of the level should having him straining every muscle to improve, and try and stay as long as he can, instead we have this.

extincti fugax hominum

Ohh no, how we'll cope without him and his beatiful first touch & clinical finishing? Thankfully, we're a club full of grown-ass man and can deal with it i suppose.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

If this is the edited version, what the heck was the original.

Youll do well to last 50 posts with this sort of referencing.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The cheek of him to mention Barcelona and Real as matter of course teams he would play for. We should really have got the Lukaku in the media, he's undoubtedly world class, the real Lukaku is a Chinese knockoff :lol:
Just the idea of him lining up for two of the most technical teams in the world!
Unless they change their style for him!

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Honestly who would want to pay his transfer fee´s and wages? Which top club in the world would want a striker with no technical ability? Anyways if he doesn't want to win trophies here, he can feck off whereever he wants to.
he has anb ability: he's scored some important goals this season and if actually pass to him he's score more - no one can score when they have the ball hoofed miles from them time and time again (I agree his first touch is not exactly Cruyff like!)

tomaldinho1

Why has this thread gotten three posts in the past few seconds? Did something happen?

Genuinely wondering btw
Just fresh claims on non trustworthy sites about AC/inter interest, papers need stories i guess

I don't doubt there is some interest in Rom but unless PSG or someone equally as cash rich comes in for him, the only way he's leaving is if we end up footing some of his wages. Same goes for Sanchez.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I reckon it's often a problem for clubs when their players have a successful World Cup; they come back thinking they're more important & valuable than they actually are.

extincti fugax hominum

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Freaking Sanchez and his contract. Poisonous for the club and the root of it is Edward Woodward.
People always bring up Sanchez's contract situation about pretty much anything these days be it about performances, transfers or contract renewals but I'm sorry; not buying it. Lukaku believing in his own hype and deludedly seeing himself way above his actual level has nothing to do with Sanchez's contract.

Also, we're the biggest club in England and we can give any contract to any player we want. Any player including De Gea, Herrera, Pogba etc. who has a problem with it & doesn't want to be here can gladly feck off. Just because we paid stupid money for a player doesn't mean we have to do the same mistake again. They still have to do their job and they're paid accordingly. It's not like Sanchez was just an ordinary player before we got him. He was a top class player which i.e Herrera hasn't been ever before and we paid the silly money for his profile, career and status etc. as a marquee signing. Using his hefty contract is the easy way out for some players who are holding the club to ransom and really don't want to be here imo.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Would it be unrealistic to hope for 50m back?
That's probably what we would get for him especially if it's true he wants to play in Italy and those Italians won't spend a hell of a lot. I'd take it to be honest and get his wages off the books. He will never suit us. Just doesn't have the composure when you need it most in front of goal. In fact, I would give his minutes to Greenwood and blood the lad right now. See if we can use him as a back up next season.