Lukaku To Discuss Future

cyril C

According to SSN.

Could be nothing in it but his agent claims he wants to win trophies, and would like to play abroad at some stage.

Seems like they all want in on the act! If we can get a better more skillful striker, I wouldn't be disappointed to see him go.
Play aboard? I think he is Belgium so he is already playing aboard a few times a year for his country. Come on, this is the Agent talk.

Cloud7

His agent mentioned him being a champion :lol:

What is he a champion of? :lol: :lol:
He’s probably the best in the world at pointing. He gives some world class interviews talking himself up as well. I wish we signed the Lukaku from the interviews.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Is it common for an agent make comments without consulting with his client first?

Cloud7

Is it common for an agent make comments without consulting with his client first?
No. Contrary to what people seem to think, agents aren’t some puppet masters manipulating their players. Agents act on behalf of what their clients want. If an agent comes out with a statement, you can bet your bottom dollar that the player wanted them to say that. It’s the same thing as transfers. If an agent is pushing for a transfer, the player wants it but is happy to allow the agent to do the work for them.

The only exceptions I think would be those South American players that are caught up in third party ownership, who are moved against their will and what not, but for European players, the agents enact the player’s will. I have no idea why people convince themselves otherwise.

Chipper

Adulterer.
China then? It's abroad and he might win trophies there.

None of the trophy contending teams in the smaller European leagues could afford him. None of the trophy contending teams in the wealthier European leagues would want him.

The Nani

Going by the reporting of the last few days, we would barely have a full 11 players to start.
Henderson, Laird, Tuanzebe, O’Connor, Garner, Gomes, Chong, Greenwood.

A player for every role waiting in the wings. How much worse can these lads be than Young or Matic as squad options?

Do we or don’t we trust youth.

Ashley R1+O

Guess we're just throwing a spot in the blogging awards away with trash threads like these. Fun.

Mcking

It is amazing how we manage to sign one of the best strikers in the league for top money, and somehow struggles to get the best out of him. Our team is so poor it is unreal.

wolvored

No. Contrary to what people seem to think, agents aren’t some puppet masters manipulating their players. Agents act on behalf of what their clients want. If an agent comes out with a statement, you can bet your bottom dollar that the player wanted them to say that. It’s the same thing as transfers. If an agent is pushing for a transfer, the player wants it but is happy to allow the agent to do the work for them.

The only exceptions I think would be those South American players that are caught up in third party ownership, who are moved against their will and what not, but for European players, the agents enact the player’s will. I have no idea why people convince themselves otherwise.
Think you got that right. Pogba has been here 3 seasons and wants to leave or get a massive pay rise bigger than Sanchez. He mentions Madrid hoping they go after him and if we shit ourselves and offer him the £500,000 a week it says in the press, hes on a winner either way. In the press its Raiola behind this. Did his agent mention Madrid or did he when he played for France?
Agents sign players to make money, but ultimately the player himself initiates moving if hes unhappy and wants to leave a club. Do you think Messi's agent would have loved to have moved him on 2-3 times to different clubs, as the cuts he would have recieved would have been phenominal.

C'est Moi Cantona

It is amazing how we manage to sign one of the best strikers in the league for top money, and somehow struggles to get the best out of him. Our team is so poor it is unreal.
If any of the top teams had signed Lukuaku they'd have struggled to get more out him than we have, it's a question of whether his limitations in a lot of aspects of his game are worth his inclusion for the fact he's a good goal scorer, and in the majority it'd be no, the fact most would never have bought him in the first place is another story.

If a team like Newcastle got some investment then that's where he'd be best suited to imo, he'd be top dog, would bang in loads of goals, the fans would love him, and his overall game deficiencies would be papered over, not sure what he thinks is out there for him at the top level after us though.

Mcking

If any of the top teams had signed Lukuaku they'd have struggled to get more out him than we have, it's a question of whether his limitations in a lot of aspects of his game are worth his inclusion for the fact he's a good goal scorer, and in the majority it'd be no, the fact most would never have bought him in the first place is another story.

If a team like Newcastle got some investment then that's where he'd be best suited to imo, he'd be top dog, would bang in loads of goals, the fans would love him, and his overall game deficiencies would be papered over, not sure what he thinks is out there for him at the top level after us though.
Despite him not being the most complete striker out there, he is not the only player that has relatively struggled here. I don't think many clubs would have done a lot worse than us. Top strikers flourish in functioning teams and our team can't be more far from that.
Just look at the amount of chances we create relative to other teams for one example. We've had a terrible team for years.

C'est Moi Cantona

Despite him not being the most complete striker out there, he is not the only player that has relatively struggled here. I don't think many clubs would have done a lot worse than us. Top strikers flourish in functioning teams and our team can't be more far from that.
Just look at the amount of chances we create relative to other teams for one example. We've had a terrible team for years.
I'm not disagreeing that a lot of players have struggled here, most are either terrible on arrival, show no improvement, or regress with us, my point was Lukaku is what he is, I don't think there's anything more he can give us (or any top team) than he already has, & much as he's not our biggest problem, I'd happily see him go, safe in the knowledge he won't improve elsewhere.

Janson

Henderson, Laird, Tuanzebe, O’Connor, Garner, Gomes, Chong, Greenwood.

A player for every role waiting in the wings. How much worse can these lads be than Young or Matic as squad options?

Do we or don’t we trust youth.
We would probably get relegated with that group. He's talking about the first 11.

Cloud7

Think you got that right. Pogba has been here 3 seasons and wants to leave or get a massive pay rise bigger than Sanchez. He mentions Madrid hoping they go after him and if we shit ourselves and offer him the £500,000 a week it says in the press, hes on a winner either way. In the press its Raiola behind this. Did his agent mention Madrid or did he when he played for France?
Agents sign players to make money, but ultimately the player himself initiates moving if hes unhappy and wants to leave a club. Do you think Messi's agent would have loved to have moved him on 2-3 times to different clubs, as the cuts he would have recieved would have been phenominal.
I think it’s a convenient boogeyman for people to point to, to avoid dealing with the fact that a player might just want to leave their club. “Oh it’s not him, it’s the agent influencing him to leave so he can make his cut!”

If agents acted with such impunity and went against their client’s wishes they would be without a job. Is it really that hard to imagine that there are some players who just want to change clubs regularly?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Neither, he was asked a direct question about Zidane coming back to Madrid and whether he could see himself in Madrid in a distant future.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
This driving to the airport should become a thing...

Win the biggest prize and drive a player of your choice to the airport at the end of another pitful season!

Untd55

On one hand you are saying that he is a 20+ striker with big clubs wanting him. And then you are saying we need to come down to 40M to be able to sell him.
Doesn't make sense.
70M + is a pretty conservative valuation for a guaranteed 20+ striker, who is only 25 and has years left on the contract and is really good.
I didn't really explain it properly. The thing is I think he is worth £70m to a club like Everton, but he would not want to go to a club like that.

If we wanted to sell him, I think we would have to drop the price to make interest from the big clubs a certainty. I think at about £50m (£40m is probably too low now I think about it) we would get a lot of interest from big clubs because he is a very good player.

Really, the point I was making is that big clubs would be interested in having a player like Lukaku in their team for the right price. Other people on here seemed to be completely ruling out any chance of a big club ever being interested in him, which I don't agree with.

Devil may care

Exactly, when the agents of European players start dropping these type of comments it's on the wishes of their client, what I'm curious about is if they know of a club already interested that they deem "worthy" of the champ, if so hopefully it's one with deep pockets so we can recoup our money.

Cardi B would be a good swap, she could drug our opponents.
What? :lol:

Tarrou

This thread is a depressing read. Can you blame him for wanting to leave?

He's lost his place and Ole doesn't seem to favour a big guy up top like Mourinho did. Why stick around? He wants first team football and his agent talking him up, that isn't a reason to lay the boot in

RedDevil@84

This thread is a depressing read. Can you blame him for wanting to leave?

He's lost his place and Ole doesn't seem to favour a big guy up top like Mourinho did. Why stick around? He wants first team football and his agent talking him up, that isn't a reason to lay the boot in
As per OP, he wants to leave because the team is not good enough for his ambitions. Not because he is unable to complete and take his place back from Rashford

Kapardin

As per OP, he wants to leave because the team is not good enough for his ambitions. Not because he is unable to complete and take his place back from Rashford
That's Lukaku's version of the story. Obviously he won't admit he is fed up of competing with Rashford.

Tarrou

don't be daft

he's hardly going to say "Kaku can't win his place back from Rashford" publicly, is he

Kostov

We have a priority list for players who need to leave. Lukaku is at the bottom of it, and I’d want him to stay this summer. Much bigger problems than selling our best scorer.