Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

Only one club is interested in him and they seem to be struggling for money. Won't be surprised if he ends up staying.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Only one club is interested in him and they seem to be struggling for money. Won't be surprised if he ends up staying.
Can't see that happening after those comments.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Well inter ain't got money to buy, neither have got any clubs for icardi, he is set to stay.
Inter will find the money somehow I'm sure. Even if it has to be spaced out over 2 years with an initial loan or something.

bijitaq

Supports
S. L. Benfica
I might be in the minority but I don't think Lukaku is a big problem. In the right system and in a team that plays to his strenghts he's a very good striker. Also I don't think he has an attitude problem, he always works hard for the team. Who's in the market right now that is a guaranteed upgrade? I can't see that many realistic options.

Gandalf

He is not a problem but clearly wants away and whilst we may not get someone better per se I do think we can get someone for less than the 75m we are asking for him who will contribute a similar number of goals and be a better fit. I like Haller at Frankfurt because he can control the ball and is dominant in the air having won more aerial duels per game than any other player in the Bundesliga last year. This helps because for all of their skills both Martial and Rashford are frankly pitiful in the air and so playing alongside Haller as a conventional target man will give them more opportunities and also provide a different outlet for our midfield knowing they have someone who can win and retain possession of a contested ball.

I am concerned though that we are going to sell Lukaku and then make do with what we have in which case I would definitely prefer to keep him.

Celoti23-81

He is not a problem but clearly wants away and whilst we may not get someone better per se I do think we can get someone for less than the 75m we are asking for him who will contribute a similar number of goals and be a better fit. I like Haller at Frankfurt because he can control the ball and is dominant in the air having won more aerial duels per game than any other player in the Bundesliga last year. This helps because for all of their skills both Martial and Rashford are frankly pitiful in the air and so playing alongside Haller as a conventional target man will give them more opportunities and also provide a different outlet for our midfield knowing they have someone who can win and retain possession of a contested ball.

I am concerned though that we are going to sell Lukaku and then make do with what we have in which case I would definitely prefer to keep him.
We get rid of Mourinho, and more importantly Fellaini, and you want the Duncan Ferguson of German football so we can play hoofball when Ole's plan A goes to tit! I reckon we would be playing hoofball for the whole 2nd half if that was the case

Patrick08

We get rid of Mourinho, and more importantly Fellaini, and you want the Duncan Ferguson of German football so we can play hoofball when Ole's plan A goes to tit! I reckon we would be playing hoofball for the whole 2nd half if that was the case
Everton never played hoofball neither do Belgium. If he stays why not provide more and quality service to him so as to try to get the best out of him till he is a united player.

Celoti23-81

Everton never played hoofball neither do Belgium. If he stays why not provide more and quality service to him so as to try to get the best out of him till he is a united player.
I was talking about Haller of Stuttgart. A duncan Ferguson type player! Everton hooked the ball to him in the air every single chance they had!

Gandalf

Did not say anything about hoofball now did I, that is your interpretation. If you think he is remotely like Duncan Ferguson you have obviously not seen him play, he actually resembles David Trezeguet more than anyone. The fact remains that we do not have anyone that provides a physical presence in our forward line, Lukaku was supposed to do that but he can't trap or control the ball and for a big man is easily dispossessed. I was highlighting attributes that he provides that we currently lack but that is far from the sum of his abilities, he is a very good passer, pacey and has a good conversion rate plus he has been improving significantly since arriving at Frankfurt 2 years ago.

Celoti23-81

Did not say anything about hoofball now did I, that is your interpretation. If you think he is remotely like Duncan Ferguson you have obviously not seen him play, he actually resembles David Trezeguet more than anyone. The fact remains that we do not have anyone that provides a physical presence in our forward line, Lukaku was supposed to do that but he can't trap or control the ball and for a big man is easily dispossessed. I was highlighting attributes that he provides that we currently lack but that is far from the sum of his abilities, he is a very good passer, pacey and has a good conversion rate plus he has been improving significantly since arriving at Frankfurt 2 years ago.
Like Trezequet? You sure? i think you're mistaking Trezequet for John Carew! I'll be honest, not seen much of Haller, but for on YouTube. He looks ok! But after I watched Haller the video for Jovic came on. What a Gulf in quality

sp_107

I might be in the minority but I don't think Lukaku is a big problem. In the right system and in a team that plays to his strenghts he's a very good striker. Also I don't think he has an attitude problem, he always works hard for the team. Who's in the market right now that is a guaranteed upgrade? I can't see that many realistic options.
Only problem here is if we start bringing in players to get the best out of Lukaku, that only leads to one kind of football which we may not enjoy. We need a more fluid striker get himself involved and bring others into play. I am afraid Lukaku is not that kind.

No doubt he is a top bloke and very likable professional but in other leagues he can play to his strengths and excel. Italy is waiting for him.

Gandalf

Like Trezequet? You sure? i think you're mistaking Trezequet for John Carew! I'll be honest, not seen much of Haller, but for on YouTube. He looks ok! But after I watched Haller the video for Jovic came on. What a Gulf in quality
Fair enough, we get a lot of Bundesliga games where I am living and so I have seen a fair bit of him. I am not saying he is a budding Aguero or anything but he could replace Lukaku and add some decent attributes to our forward line and if we do find ourselves signing someone better in a couple of years he would probably be able to be moved on for no loss or even a profit. I am primarily thinking of who is affordable right now and would be interested in coming and then what would they add that our current forwards don't give us. I definitely prefer Haller by some margin to Dembele who has also been floated as an option.

Celoti23-81

Fair enough, we get a lot of Bundesliga games where I am living and so I have seen a fair bit of him. I am not saying he is a budding Aguero or anything but he could replace Lukaku and add some decent attributes to our forward line and if we do find ourselves signing someone better in a couple of years he would probably be able to be moved on for no loss or even a profit. I am primarily thinking of who is affordable right now and would be interested in coming and then what would they add that our current forwards don't give us. I definitely prefer Haller by some margin to Dembele who has also been floated as an option.
Fair enough. Problem is, other than AWB and James, don't think we will sign nobody else if these 100 million pounds transfer kitty are to be believed! Apparently it took 6 weeks to negotiate a deal for james without the sad news of his father passing! Long transfer window indeed

George The Best

A few reports that Inter will have the money from July 1st. They need to ride out their FFP sanction until the end of the month. Some observers say they may still need to raise £30m to do the deal though. This could still happen therefore. Sources: Sky, Daily Mail etc.

Garebo

They could try offering Lukaku, Darmian and Sanchez for Skriniar.

Shaidabdullah Hussain

Would it maybe be worth us taking Icardi on a loan with option to buy as part of the deal ?

That way we could see if he is as much of a prima donna as they say off the pitch, and could send him back if needs be.

Litch

Rom will stay, the transfer is too complicated given the numbers involved and not enough interest to drive the transfer fee up. Utd will want to recoup at least their transfer fee back....

Red00012

Rom will stay, the transfer is too complicated given the numbers involved and not enough interest to drive the transfer fee up. Utd will want to recoup at least their transfer fee back....
Ya, exactly my thoughts.
I can’t see him leaving , we are well in our rights to demand back the transfer fee we paid.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yep, it looks a massive stretch to find someone to take him for 60-70m.
You get the feeling he thinks he's worthy of a move to a top class team too.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I don't understand Inter going after Lukaku if they can't cough up the money.

ZLATAN9

It's his style and the managers style it was fine under Mourinho because he wanted Lukaku to hold the play but he killed our counter attacks.

It's not about replacing him for better but someone who's different we need someone fast who's always on the defenders shoulder who can finish one on ones .

Rashford has the potential for this but he's always offside and misses alot of chances I'm sure he will improve.

I'm not sure who is out there maybe Vardy?

George The Best

I can see Sanchez getting a lot of game time at this rate. Depressing or what?

Think they leave for Australia 8/9th July so not much time to sort this mess out.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If Inter can't come up with the money now, he will stay. I cant see the club accepting a loan, even with an obligation to buy. We need the money now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
If Inter can't come up with the money now, he will stay. I cant see the club accepting a loan, even with an obligation to buy. We need the money now.
We need the guarantee of the money at least, as usually such huge deals are instalments anyway.

But these Italian clubs bar Juventus, do need telling where to go with their cheeky bids, but then holding out for colossal sums for others.

These jokers wanted about 50m for Perisic didn't they?
Then think they can skimp on a guy 3 or so years younger, who we bought for 75-80m with a good scoring record internationally and in our league.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
We need the guarantee of the money at least, as usually such huge deals are instalments anyway.

But these Italian clubs bar Juventus, do need telling where to go with their cheeky bids, but then holding out for colossal sums for others.

These jokers wanted about 50m for Perisic didn't they?
Then think they can skimp on a guy 3 or so years younger, who we bought for 75-80m with a good scoring record internationally and in our league.
To be fair, they don't have to pay for our stupid purchases. 60m would be an excellent offer, if it wasn't for our own previous incompetence.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To be fair, they don't have to pay for our stupid purchases. 60m would be an excellent offer, if it wasn't for our own previous incompetence.
I dare say if we got a guaranteed 60m and it was getting later on in the window, we might well suck that up. Maybe put a little clause in there for say 10% of any profit on a next transfer, just in case they turn him around for 150m one day :lol:

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
ha ha - we can't even sell someone properly, let alone buy someone!

sp_107

They are keen on A swap deal includes Mauro Icardi

A season prior to last one he was so hot, I know he comes with an extra baggage in the form of his wife but what if we can turn this around as he is keen to prove himself again after what happened at Inter? Something like a cause in his contract with heavy fines if they talk negative about club in public?

1.8 - In the 2017-18 Serie A Mauro Icardi scored on average a goal every 1.8 shots on target, the best ratio among players with 10 or more goals. Crucial.

Who knows if he find his football home here he could be a huge success in coming years?

He was so selfish and only a poacher at the beginning of his career but that was changed and he became more of a team players getting involved in the build up play in recent years.

Warn you he is more close to RVN than Zlatan. you dont see too many outside the box goals. Looks like more of a poacher.

Last edited:

sp_107

How you guys feel if Lukaku,Pogba,Alexis stay with us for 2020 season with just 1 or 2 other players joining?

Jinn

It's quite telling that there is only one club (we've heard about) interested in Lukaku.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
To me Icardi is completely the wrong type of player that we need.
If we want a fast, mobile interchangable front three, then we need to sell Lukaku and plough all of that money into a proper RW or right sided attacker, a player such as Pepe, Lozano etc...Even Zaha..!!
I'd be inclined to take £60m and get moving with a replacement, but just get on with it, clock is ticking..!.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
How you guys feel if Lukaku,Pogba,Alexis stay with us for 2020 season with just 1 or 2 other players joining?
Not the worst news I could get. There are far worst bigger problems than those three in the squad.

Lee565

Would united instead of Icardi in a swap deal, go for Martinez as part of the swap deal, he looks a very promising striker.

sp_107

I am sure every UTD players agent would have checked the market rate/wages for their clients but realised its hard to get more than 50% of what the players are getting at UTD, No wonder players dont like to move away from the club even their agents try to engineer a move because of low wages they get outside.

Darmian, Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Young.
God, the current management really dont know anything about players value.

Status
Not open for further replies.