Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bestietom

Lukaku wants out but only to Inter who don't have the money to buy him.
Player power showing again. I dread to think what happens in a few years time unless something is done quickly.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance

I don't see these kind of stats from Lukaku
If only he were a striker.... How many times was he caught in possession? How many times was he caught in possession that led to a shot or goal against us? How many tackles did he make? How many tackles did he attempt? How far did he run? How many sprints did he make? How many times did he lose possession and stand there with his hands on his hips? Pogba is a good footballer but does not work hard enough to be great.

yamo123x

Thing that riles me is our total ineptitude in the transfer market. We have no strategies for purchasing or selling, we appear to be easy targets.

The fact that we are being forced to sell players below the market value, lukaku, most likely pogba too....whereas we get quoted 60 million for diop and AWB and 90million for maguire.

It shows naivety of the highest order and a total lack of control.

Delano

I might be in the minority, but I'd take Icardi + Cash for Lukaku all day long. Yes, he comes with his baggage, but you won't find a better striker on the market.

He's a prolific goal scorer who'd get more goals then Rashford or Lukaku. The only worry I'd have is the supply line around him.

It's not like we haven't had mavericks before is it...?

Last edited:

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
If only he were a striker.... How many times was he caught in possession? How many times was he caught in possession that led to a shot or goal against us? How many tackles did he make? How many tackles did he attempt? How far did he run? How many sprints did he make? How many times did he lose possession and stand there with his hands on his hips? Pogba is a good footballer but does not work hard enough to be great.

But we have Lukaku one of the best strikers in league and also probably the only player who has a 10 minute Benny hill compilation

Cloud7

Lukaku wants out but only to Inter who don't have the money to buy him.
Player power showing again. I dread to think what happens in a few years time unless something is done quickly.
Inter are the only club interested. He isn’t exactly spoiled for choice, as one would expect with a player as limited as him.

We'll See Out There!

Thing that riles me is our total ineptitude in the transfer market. We have no strategies for purchasing or selling, we appear to be easy targets.

The fact that we are being forced to sell players below the market value, lukaku, most likely pogba too....whereas we get quoted 60 million for diop and AWB and 90million for maguire.

This 100%. If we are paying high prices to buy then surely we make our prices when we sell no? Not exactly mind boggling this is it Woody!

LuckyScout78

If United got players like Sancho and Fernandes. Life will be easier for Lukaku and any United attacking players. Just like in Belgium he has Hazard, De Bruyne and others really good attacking player to support him with the service.

But isolate. I would prefer a player like Richarlison over Lukaku. Because Richarlison acceleration is faster than Lukaku and can do more on his own then Lukaku. I would definitive use Lukaku money on Richarlison, if he is gonna to leave or get sell.

My football philosophy is playing on the front foot and open up a defend and parking bus. So naturally i will recommend players who really good, fast and skillful in small area/parking bus. Hazard, Mbappe, Messi, Felix and Sancho and those kind of players. Only Kante to break up opponent attacking. Then the others 5 attacking players job is to open up defend, create chance and scoring goals. Im definitive not Mourinho type of manager and philosophy. But for a dominate team like City and Barca as their best. Football is best and most enjoyable when you are playing on the front foot, not chasing the ball most of the time. Its good for health chasing the ball. But for most football players. The ball is your best friend, then then your friend and ball have to be with you and on your feets. Master of the ball....Then you have Messi, the highest example. He can do whatever he want with the ball and his friend, on his best day and level. That is the way to go...to the top.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Inter are the only club interested. He isn’t exactly spoiled for choice, as one would expect with a player as limited as him.
Utterly hilarious. As if 14 of the teams in our own division alone wouldn't gag to have him.
The problem is he'll take a huge fee and not want too much of a step down club wise

Le Red

I might be in the minority, but I'd take Icardi + Cash for Lukaku all day long. Yes, he comes with his baggage, but you won't find a better striker on the market.

He's a prolific goal scorer who'd get more goals then Rashford or Lukaku. The only worry I'd have is the supply line around him.

Or legends who couldn't keep it in their pants :lol:
I agree with you, he's a beast of a striker. A cnut towards Maxi no doubt, but at least he married the chick and had kids with her, they are together to date, so I guess it turned out right for them and he must be more settled now.
Some people are so traumatized with dressing room antics that they think we should overlook any player who isn't a choir boy.

Le Red

Are you joking? Pogba gets away with murder? Are we living in alternate realities? He is probably one of the most derided players in the game at the moment - from every single facet of his football to his haircuts, dancing, general bleedin' way of being. Some of it might be warranted (despite his stats this year he hasn't been able to match expectations) but he certainly has not gotten away with it - warranted or not.
Yeah, he gets a lot of stick from half of the supporters, but the other half defends him tooth and nail and thinks he's the third best thing ever after Jesus Christ and Coca-Cola.
He'll either remain here earning a fortune to show his true class once every handful of matches, or be rewarded with a transfer to Real or Juve, where he'll likely play to his fullest, because their supporters actually respect their own clubs and don't stand for players who only deliver when they feel arsed.
Lukaku has no one defending him and he'll either stay here relegated to the bench (deservedly) or binned to Inter Milan.

Judas

Open to offers

Icardi relies on good service even more than Lukaku, we'd need massive improvements for him to be a sensible signing. He's simply not the sort of striker we should be after.

arthurka

Icardi relies on good service even more than Lukaku, we'd need massive improvements for him to be a sensible signing. He's simply not the sort of striker we should be after.
Agree, Icardi and Lukaku really aren't that type of strikers.

haram

Better striker than Icardi on the market is Lukaku.

sp_107

Mainly two reasons

We are not winning or playing better football so we are not an attractive destination anymore.On top of that we always had an extra TAX as we have always been one of the richest club. If you look at Madrid, Barca it's true that they also pay higher fees than other clubs on player transfers but they don't moan about it, Having said that clubs in recent times are trying to ripoff UTD because of our situation too.

As we bend over our back and offering huge contracts/Transfer fees hence it is causing issues while selling them, same time our negotiation skills while renewing existing contracts also raise lot of questions.We need someone in between Levy and Ed.

As a start, we should start scouting right players so their market value will be increased so we can command high fees OR stick lto players like Mata/Lendelof bracket and keep them for years.

Canagel

But we have Lukaku one of the best strikers in league and also probably the only player who has a 10 minute Benny hill compilation

Wow these compilations are really bad. No feet whatsoever. Imagine needing 10 chances to score 2 goals. It doesn't matter where he's playing actually it's the same story. Average striker, terrible footballer.

deleon

Can we not loan him to Inter with obligation to buy to circumvent the financial issues? It's not like we need the Lukaku money this summer.

Unless that's illegal; or we're being gravely misled about how much money we have to spend.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I might be in the minority, but I'd take Icardi + Cash for Lukaku all day long.
Nevermind Icardi, if Skriniar could be thrown into the deal, then that would be a masterstroke solving 2 issues in one go..!

shiranaiotoko

If we sell him, which is looking likely, then who do we bring in to replace him? Genuine question.
Any target man who has no problem when ball is going toward him? Lukaku has non-existent first touch, he would be a meme even in Sunday league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Delano

Better striker than Icardi on the market is Lukaku.
I just don't see it.

Icardi has a far better touch and is a better finisher with his feet or head. He has a great record against some of the best teams in Italy as well and scored some big goals in the derby.

Make no mistake, if he had kept his head down instead of falling out with everyone at Inter, he'd be at a bigger club. His attitude is what puts people off.

Although I do agree with the point about him needing a constant supply line, if you find him, I'd back him to score over Lukaku all day long. Especially against a top 6 team.

I'd take a punt.

haram

I just don't see it.

Icardi has a far better touch and is a better finisher with his feet or head. He has a great record against some of the best teams in Italy as well and scored some big goals in the derby.

Make no mistake, if he had kept his head down instead of falling out with everyone at Inter, he'd be at a bigger club. His attitude is what puts people off.

Although I do agree with the point about him needing a constant supply line, if you find him, I'd back him to score over Lukaku all day long. Especially against a top 6 team.

I'd take a punt.
Well that’s your opinion. No one wants Icardi and Inter want to replace him with Lukaku. Says enough for me.

el3mel

Icardi and Lukaku are similar types of strikers but Icardi does everything Lukaku does x10 times better than the latter and he actually doesn't need the ball in 6 yards all the time to score unlike Lukaku.

Though if we want a striker more involved in building up the offensive plays we will need different type of striker than Icardi.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Rumours circulating Inter are looking at Arnautovic. This would scupper any Lukaku bid.

Tel074

This sums it up perfectly! One of the worlds biggest clubs being run by people who haven't the 1st clue about football. Its heart breaking to watch our club sink when we can all see what is needed

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCross

If United got players like Sancho and Fernandes. Life will be easier for Lukaku and any United attacking players. Just like in Belgium he has Hazard, De Bruyne and others really good attacking player to support him with the service.

But isolate. I would prefer a player like Richarlison over Lukaku. Because Richarlison acceleration is faster than Lukaku and can do more on his own then Lukaku. I would definitive use Lukaku money on Richarlison, if he is gonna to leave or get sell.

My football philosophy is playing on the front foot and open up a defend and parking bus. So naturally i will recommend players who really good, fast and skillful in small area/parking bus. Hazard, Mbappe, Messi, Felix and Sancho and those kind of players. Only Kante to break up opponent attacking. Then the others 5 attacking players job is to open up defend, create chance and scoring goals. Im definitive not Mourinho type of manager and philosophy. But for a dominate team like City and Barca as their best. Football is best and most enjoyable when you are playing on the front foot, not chasing the ball most of the time. Its good for health chasing the ball. But for most football players. The ball is your best friend, then then your friend and ball have to be with you and on your feets. Master of the ball....Then you have Messi, the highest example. He can do whatever he want with the ball and his friend, on his best day and level. That is the way to go...to the top.
What club do you manage good sir?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Pretty sure he's staying. If they rely on selling Icardi to buy Lukaku, well that's not going to happen. Doesn't look like anyone is seriously after Icardi, and once a club goes after him, we'd have to then negotiate with Inter before our transfer window shuts (and we'd want our own replacement). Its just not happening this summer.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Not sure why they waste time on Lukaku when they clearly can't afford him.

jackal&hyde

We should do Lukaku for Icardi and £15m. Win win.
Hell no! More or less same type of striker with the difference that Lukaku seems like a top bloke while Icardi is a grade one a.h.

I don't think Lukaku is right for the type of football that Ole wants, but i'd like to see him gone only if we can get the right one in. Lukaku out-Dybala in.

Patrick08

We are not forced to do anything.

reddevilchennai

Ole can try Sanchez as a striker if Lukaku leaves. Slowly we can integrate Greenwood in to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.