Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

starman

How you guys feel if Lukaku,Pogba,Alexis stay with us for 2020 season with just 1 or 2 other players joining?
Disappointed if Lukaku stayed. Neither happy or sad if Sanchez & Pogba stayed. Preference is to cut the cord on all three

Smores

Have we actually been linked with another striker to replace Lukaku?

If we sell him without replacement we'll regret it.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
To me Icardi is completely the wrong type of player that we need.
If we want a fast, mobile interchangable front three, then we need to sell Lukaku and plough all of that money into a proper RW or right sided attacker, a player such as Pepe, Lozano etc...Even Zaha..!!
I'd be inclined to take £60m and get moving with a replacement, but just get on with it, clock is ticking..!.
Same here. Make Rashford first choice since there’s no decent options around, and focus on the wide areas. We have zero threat from there, at least Rashford knows where the goal is.

Fer

Have we actually been linked with another striker to replace Lukaku?

If we sell him without replacement we'll regret it.
I think we can use Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood as strikers. Maybe it would be better to sign a winger if we sell Lukaku. Someone like Chiesa or Pepe would improve our team rather than a player like Icardi or Dembele (Lyon).

Smores

I think we can use Rashford, Martial, Sanchez and Greenwood as strikers. Maybe it would be better to sign a winger if we sell Lukaku. Someone like Chiesa or Pepe would improve our team rather than a player like Icardi or Dembele (Lyon).
Go into the season without a proven striker? I'm not sure i can remember a single season where we've ever done that.

fergies coat

It looks like ole is going for the carbon copy of the 95/96 season. Get rid of the established players and bring on the youth.

We’ll do the PL and FA cup double this season, and you can quote me on this.

Kag

Lukaku is probably the player I’m most ambivalent about his outcome. I really wanted Herrera to stay. I was fairly keen for Mata to get an extension. I think the club should do whatever it can to keep Pogba and De Gea for at least another season.

But Lukaku... well, he just isn’t ever going to be the guy here. He won’t be that player at any top club. He’s our Benteke, or Carroll, but much, much better. Same problems, however. The thing is; he’s still our best goal scorer. He’s much more likely to score for us on a regular basis that Rashford. But is he the player that will be good enough to display an all round game at the top level? Or be that Aguero-like force to drive the team forward? Never. That’s why he can go. That’s why I wouldn’t really bat an eyelid if he did.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I guess it's all about whether Icardi gets sold. If he does Lukaku goes and we presumably sign a replacement.

Given the seeming lack of interest in Icardi, one would expect this to rumble on until late in the summer. As teams miss out on their primary targets they may turn to Icardi instead.

The worst case scenario would be selling Lukaku but failing to replace him, so if he does go we better have another CF lined up.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
To be honest, if he badly wants out, we should probably do a deal for around £50M and the rest in add ons or whatever. United need to realise he ain't worth what we paid for him. Just do the best you can and recoup most of the money back.

Celoti23-81

Let it drag on and make Inter sell Icardi first then lop 30 million on top of Icardi. Play hard ball for once.
I think people are missing a massive point here! Woodward is so slimy, he will probably sell Pogba and Lukaku after our transfer window has closed! Where do we stand then? Woodward is not bothered because he can report back to the Glazers and gloat look what I have made for you!
5 weeks left of the transfer window, and the only signing we have made is a substitute

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
To be honest, if he badly wants out, we should probably do a deal for around £50M and the rest in add ons or whatever. United need to realise he ain't worth what we paid for him. Just do the best you can and recoup most of the money back.
Any deal with Inter MUST remember that they wanted almost 50m for Perisic!
No favours to them.

Lee565

It looks like ole is going for the carbon copy of the 95/96 season. Get rid of the established players and bring on the youth.

We’ll do the PL and FA cup double this season, and you can quote me on this.
Except you had the likes of Keane, Cantona, Schmeichel, Pallister, Irwin around the young players coming through, we now have the likes of De gea who wants out, Matic and Young who lead poorly by example with awful performances on a consistent basis, Mata who isn't more of a squad player that makes little impact, Lingard.....

Johan07

I would keep Lukaku around for another season. He is still on a long-term contract, so that´s not an issue. We will get paid handsomely for him next summer as well. He offers something else than the other players we have in the squad now, especially after Fellaini left. He is still a very decent threat in the penalty area with 10 minutes left of a game. Compared to Rash/Martial/Sanchez. If he can accept to fight for his place I would keep him around for one more year. There is no real reason to sell him on the cheap this summer.

Suvvernmanc

Fabrizio Romano is claiming inter are close to signing Džeko from Roma. Are we stuck with Lukaku if that deal goes through?

Mainoldo

Liverpool got ALL there money back for Benteke. Don’t see why we should accept anything less than £70m.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
5 weeks left of the transfer window, and the only signing we have made is a substitute
The reality is that signings are going to be nigh on impossible when the pre-season tours begin and clubs are scattered across the Globe.
We have our 1st game in Australia on July 13th..!

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Fabrizio Romano is claiming inter are close to signing Džeko from Roma. Are we stuck with Lukaku if that deal goes through?
I wouldn't think so, if they want to get rid of Icardi, they need 3 strikers. Martinez is the only other striker there. Hilarious that Kilmarnock are targeting Facundo Colidio :lol:, just saw this. If he goes there, that's my FM purchase sorted! Edit: It's just a loan, for some reason they quoted his price in the headlines :confused:

el3mel

I think he is going to stay at the end. Doesn't strike me as a sulking lad and his performance is crap anyway.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Liverpool got ALL there money back for Benteke. Don’t see why we should accept anything less than £70m.
Because Liverpool paid a lot less for Benteke and since we absolutely did not pay market value for Lukaku it's extremely optimistic to expect anyone to pay the bill for us. A reminder, Lukaku is in the top 10 of all time transfer fees.

cyberman

Because Liverpool paid a lot less for Benteke and since we absolutely did not pay market value for Lukaku it's extremely optimistic to expect anyone to pay the bill for us. A reminder, Lukaku is in the top 10 of all time transfer fees.
Of course it was market value. Every available striker was being quoted at the same price and there wasn't an abundance of choice for us.
Good luck getting a consistent 25 year old goalscorer in England from a lower table side for much less than 75m.

JPRouve

Scout
Of course it was market value. Every available striker was being quoted at the same price and there wasn't an abundance of choice for us.
Good luck getting a consistent 25 year old goalscorer in England from a lower table side for much less than 75m.
There isn't a single striker with a league average of about 16 goals that is worth 75m because there is nothing special about it. There isn't a moment where Lukaku should be the 10th most expensive player ever.

red4ever 79

Looking likely that he will go with his agent meeting officials in Milan, and him telling the club he wants out. I am all for getting rid of him, but a replacement MUST be signed. If we sell him and rely on Rashford to lead the line (which is what I think Ole intends) then we will struggle next season.

Mainoldo

£30m for a striker who wasn’t wanted by there club and scored about 6 goals. How is that market value? Explain and give me an example considering the world record fee at the time was Gareth Bale at 80 something million.

Your talking out your backside.

JPRouve

Scout
£30m for a striker who wasn’t wanted by there club and scored about 6 goals. How is that market value? Explain and give me an example considering the world record fee at the time was Gareth Bale at 80 something million.

Your talking out your backside.
You may want to calm down because I didn't say that Benteke was bought at market value, I said that he costed a lot less, so despite the fact that Liverpool grossly overpaid his fee was still in the range of many clubs. Lukaku is slightly different we overpaid the same way Liverpool did but because his fee is a lot bigger it eliminates a far bigger amount of clubs, a lot of clubs can pay 30m but not a lot can pay 75m.

Last edited:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I think people are missing a massive point here! Woodward is so slimy, he will probably sell Pogba and Lukaku after our transfer window has closed! Where do we stand then? Woodward is not bothered because he can report back to the Glazers and gloat look what I have made for you!
The club obviously want to keep Pogba and get more players in. I think some of you are going mad.

Mainoldo

You may want to call down because I didn't say that Benteke was bought at market value, I said that he costed a lot less, so despite the fact that Liverpool grossly overpaid his fee was still in the range of many clubs. Lukaku is slightly different we overpaid the same way Liverpool did but because his fee is a lot bigger it eliminates a far bigger amount of clubs, a lot of clubs can pay 30m but not a lot can pay 75m.
Yeah your right. But Liverpool were just lucky the tv money came in because no top club wanted him, but your standard teams now had money.

JPRouve

Scout
Yeah your right. But Liverpool were just lucky the tv money came in because no top club wanted him, but your standard teams now had money.
Of course Liverpool were lucky but that's not the point and your standard team has money when it comes to fees like 30m but 75m isn't a standard fee, not for smaller PL teams and even less for foreign clubs.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Benteke was on far smaller wages, and he went to Crystal Palace. Other than Inter, nobody who can afford him is interested. Nor likely to be interested later on in the window

Mainoldo

Benteke was on far smaller wages, and he went to Crystal Palace. Other than Inter, nobody who can afford him is interested. Nor likely to be interested later on in the window
So then we don’t sell.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We should request 2 players from Inter rather than money and include Skriniar as one of them.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We should request 2 players from Inter rather than money and include Skriniar as one of them.
Do keep up.
1) Skinny will be the same sort of fee as Lukaku
2) They're not stupid - they want to keep their massively star defender.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Do keep up.
1) Skinny will be the same sort of fee as Lukaku
2) They're not stupid - they want to keep their massively star defender.
They don't want to pay 80 million so it's worth a try on our part and see what they give in exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.