Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

flappyjay

Of course it was market value. Every available striker was being quoted at the same price and there wasn't an abundance of choice for us.
Good luck getting a consistent 25 year old goalscorer in England from a lower table side for much less than 75m.
Exactly in that same window Morata, a benchwarmer who had never been a consistent starter was sold for 58m

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They don't want to pay 80 million so it's worth a try on our part and see what they give in exchange.
Exchanges very rarely happen though. I'm sure this exchange was long binned in the press too.

I really hope they can pony up enough to end this relationship though. It wasn't a great fit from day 1, but we sort of went along with it.

Cloud7

Is Mr Man Up not gone yet? I thought a striker of his caliber would have every club in the world lining up to sign him.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Inter are also negotiating with Hertha Berlin for the Austrian International Valentino Lazaro.

SATA

Inter need to stop spending money before they run out of it to buy Romelu, or at least start selling some of their players now

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Do keep up.
1) Skinny will be the same sort of fee as Lukaku
2) They're not stupid - they want to keep their massively star defender.
Then we don't sell. Simple.
We are talking as if Lukaku is an inferior player.
Lukaku would be a huge hit with Conte's style of play. He just isn't perfect for us.

Then we don't sell. Simple.
We are talking as if Lukaku is an inferior player.
Lukaku would be a huge hit with Conte's style of play. He just isn't perfect for us.
i certainly wouldn’t say he will be a huge hit. It’s not that he’s imperfect, he’s not a great fit for sure. However, complete lack of desire and determination must be a concern to any future employer. The fact that he has allowed himself to get so out of shape, that he is knackered after 15 mins is hardy a plus point is it? His physical condition is pathetic.

Your right that we should only sell at the right price, but it looks like Lukuku is the sort of player who will fade into obsecurity quite quickly.

Patrick08

He's going nowhere this summer. We have to feed him on the plate to get goals out of him.

El Jefe

feck Inter. We must bleed them dry or keep Rom. After how they stuck to ridiculously valuing Perisic at £48m in the same season Salah went for £35m, we should accept nothing less than £70m for Rom.

Any other buyer and I'll get rid for 50m with add ons rising to £60m.

JMack1234

We bought him 2 years ago for £80+ million, he wears the number 9 and he's scored 42 goals in 96 appearances.

Yet there is total apathy about his potential departure.

Speaks volumes.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Inter now offering a 2 year loan for €10m plus obligation to buy for €60m, for a total of €70m

United "ready to listen"

Patrick08

Inter now offering a 2 year loan for €10m plus obligation to buy for €60m, for a total of €70m

United "ready to listen"
What will it give united? A player less with no money? Poor deal.

He can still score goals. Not worth it.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So in 3 years and not over the course of 3 years?

Not great. I'm sure they can do far better than that. I do like the idea of Ben Yedder though, I'd push Inter as far as possible and then take whatever is on the table.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
These cnuts quoted us £55m for Ivan Perisic a couple of years ago when the market wasn't this insane. Hope we tell them to feck off, cheap wankers!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Does that 10M + 60M include or exclude them paying his wages? Or is the 10M meant to cover the wages, so it's effectively 60M?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Right so we'd be taking a 15m euro loss on a player who hasn't performed as we expected. Mixed feelings on this.
You'd be making a massive profit actually. Wouldn't that be his final year of the contract? Would something like €40m profit on sale

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Probably, but you like it well enough to open negotiations. Means it's not far from something you'd accept

Source is Di Marzio
It's common knowledge we're happy for him to leave... at the right price

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Does that 10M + 60M include or exclude them paying his wages? Or is the 10M meant to cover the wages, so it's effectively 60M?
Obviously they pay his wages. It's a sale with some accounting feckery thrown in either for FFP or shifting funds. If it does come to loan+buy he'd likely sign a new contract with you(on the terms he agreed with inter) before going

Patrick08

Probably, but you like it well enough to open negotiations. Means it's not far from something you'd accept

Source is Di Marzio
Listening offers is negotiations open. Doesn't mean we are any close to accepting such an offer.

Man United get nothing in this.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Just get the fecker out. Ben Yedder in. Easy money, everyone’s a winner.

IrishRedDevil

It’s not a bad opening offer. It’s converts to £62.7m.

I’m sure they will raise it about £10-£15m and it’ll be agreed, meaning we get about £75m back.

I would still rather him stay though as he’s our best goal scorer. If he goes, we will need a replacement to rotate with Rashford

Kag

Here it comes.
:lol:

It’s about time we take clubs for a ride. We either make our money back or they sod off. We’re about to unload £50 million on a right back. Lukaku will score 25 plus goals across there. I’d like to think the club tells them to do one.

el3mel

They took us to the cleaner when we wanted Perisic. We shouldn't be accepting anything less than 70m cash from the get go.

Status
Not open for further replies.