Lukaku - transfer speculation | Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

R'hllor

Said already, he aint bad striker, he will score for Juve, tones even because they gonna feed him like mf and they dont need him to be included in build up play. Our case is totally different, we are not able to feed or not we are able to ignore him in build up play.

damageinc.

Supports
the unknown
When I said future I didn’t mean just next year. I mean the upcoming few years. We have a solid young core coming through, we will continue to spend big to build and we play in a much tougher league than yours. So making the top 4 in Italy isn’t that hard.
Actually it is becouse there are at least 5 teams fighting for the other 2 Champions League spots (Juve and Napoli aside becouse in the recent years they had their first 2 places)…. spending big is not success guaranteed, we have seen what happened with many teams around Europe (no CL medals for bigger spenders like City or PSG, etc.) but its the result of big programming on plans and solidity of the club, something that Manchester United have proven to lack so badly while Inter started a new course under a top CEO like Beppe Marotta and a top manager like Conte. Suning is increasing the revenues year after year, we have to wait to see the results on the pitch but finally we have a strong club on the back after so many years of shambles

Twingatz

It's all fun and games until we struggle to score goals. I don't see any natural goalscorers in the team apart from Lukaku. Martial lacks movement, Rashford lacks a brain. We are so screwed next season.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Presumably Everton get feck all if we move Lukaku on in a swap deal?

diarm

Said already, he aint bad striker, he will score for Juve, tones even because they gonna feed him like mf and they dont need him to be included in build up play. Our case is totally different, we are not able to feed or not we are able to ignore him in build up play.
Juventus will be set up to feed Ronaldo. Every player in that attack is going to need to be technically capable of providing for Ronaldo or he'll find himself sat in the stands before September.

Anyone who thinks they're going to be set up to provide chances for a fella who needs perfectly weighted passes to roll in front of his shooting foot in order to resemble a professional footballer is fooling themselves. Ronaldo won't have it.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If We're getting Dybala in a swap deal with him, the club will look like your average clueless real estate investors. Rich, don't know what They're doing, not sure what They spend their money on but somehow end up making a profit.

R'hllor

Juventus will be set up to feed Ronaldo. Every player in that attack is going to need to be technically capable of providing for Ronaldo or he'll find himself sat in the stands before September.

Anyone who thinks they're going to be set up to provide chances for a fella who needs perfectly weighted passes to roll in front of his shooting foot in order to resemble a professional footballer is fooling themselves. Ronaldo won't have it.
We shall see i guess.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Teams are punished for having passengers at the highest level. The amount of promising attacks that broke down for us because of his awful first touch was staggering.

For Lukaku to get a scoring chance, the team needs to first involve him as least as possible, then put it perfectly onto his left foot inside the box. It just doesn't happen often. He breaks down a lot more attacks than he can finish them.

As if an obsessive like Ronaldo will put up with that.

He'll pad his stats vs the cannon fodder, then go awol in the big matches. As he always has.

Last edited:

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Teams are punished for having passengers at the highest level. The amount of promising attacks that broke down for us because of his awful first touch was staggering.

For Lukaku to get a scoring chance, the team needs to first involve him as least as possible, then put it perfectly onto his left foot inside the box. It just doesn't happen often. He breaks down a lot more attacks than he can finish them.

As if an obsessive like Ronaldo will put up with that.

He'll pad his stats vs the cannon fodder, then go awol in the big matches. As he always has.
This is a lie. Our team is shit at generating chances. And no, it is not because all the "would be attacks" died when the ball touched Lukaku's feet.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I can't believe Sarri would want Lukaku, the first thing he did when he was appointed at Chelsea was freeze out every player with limited technical ability (Bakayoko, Michy, Cahill etc).

Just doesn't make sense.
What Sarri wants doesn't really matter

Patrick08

This is a lie. Our team is shit at generating chances. And no, it is not because all the "would be attacks" died when the ball touched Lukaku's feet.
He goes missing against top opponents, that's the problem.

Ballist1x

Our team takes kick offs, passes it back to the keeper who then punts it up to the half way line for a 50/50.

It's a strange tactic alright.

Thomasvo

Agreed. He's a good striker. Shame he doesn't suit our style of play at the moment but I think he'll come back to haunt us one day. I'm sad to see him go but getting Dybala should make up for that.

Patrick08

Its funny as I thought with new midfielders and wingers we will create more than just being dependent on pogba, but Lukaku wants to move.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Presumably Everton get feck all if we move Lukaku on in a swap deal?
I'm unsure exactly of what the clause is. It doesn't seem to be a regular sell on clause as I read somewhere that we would also get paid if he signed a new contract at United (not sure how legally that would be a thing or why it would be a thing) but it may have been a way of us still receiving something if he left for a lesser fee.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
How can you say its a lie when we have all watched it with our own eyes. Lukaku has a shocking touch, of course that is going to impact chance creation.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm unsure exactly of what the clause is. It doesn't seem to be a regular sell on clause as I read somewhere that we would also get paid if he signed a new contract at United (not sure how legally that would be a thing or why it would be a thing) but it may have been a way of us still receiving something if he left for a lesser fee.
I read somewhere that we have to psy £5m if he moves this window.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Even if we technically don't sell him?
So it seems, I guess from our point of view it was a safety clause that would still gain us some money if he didn't reach other clause objectives for you such as winning titles etc. Pretty sensible.

Siorac

I mean, both statements can be true. Our team is shit at generating chances AND many attacks die when the ball touches Lukaku's feet. It's a bad combination.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
@Juve

Lukaku is a great player. Those in charge of transfers please don't listen to us here on Redcafe.

Djemba-Djemba

Cannot wait to see how Ronaldo reacts the first time he sees Lukaku try and control a pass.

It's surprising Juventus are after him to be honest, especially because the Juve vs Utd match at Old Trafford last season Lukaku was disgracefully bad. Maybe the worst he ever played for Utd.

Juventus looked that that and thought " We should sign him"? Very odd.

Lukaku is nothing like Mandzukic though. :lol: Ronaldo will be very unpleasantly surprised by how lazy the Belgian is.
Exactly - he might look like someone who can run the channels and hold up the ball - but he’s exactly the opposite.

With the expectation so high at Juventus, I can see him flopping quite hard.

Jinn

The absolute worst thing that could happen now, is that all this goes belly up and he ends up staying.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
It's genius. He struggles against top opponents so he's joining a league where there are no top opponents.

SATA

Come on man, the way you lot are going on about Lukaku as if he's Kevin Davies or something. Lukaku is a very good player with a proven goalscroring record for Belgium and in every club he played for in England. If he can racked up those numbers here, he'll rack them up in Italy as well

DoomSlayer

Come on man, the way you lot are going on about Lukaku as if he's Kevin Davies or something. Lukaku is a very good player with a proven goalscroring record for Belgium and in every club he played for in England. If he can racked up those numbers here, he'll rack them up in Italy as well
Not next to Ronaldo though. Only one player can be the focal point of the attack and with a GOAT player into the Juventus squad, we all know who that would be. Lukaku would have to play second fiddle and maybe even be an impact sub.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
What Sarri wants doesn't really matter
Maybe not but you would think a club wouldn't appoint a manager who relies on his players being technically excellent just to force a technically incompetent footballer his way.

That would be like signing a 5ft 5 striker for a manager who bases his style around a target man.

Bosws87

This will end with a champions league winner for Juve and Lukaku having a storming season.

Lukaku while not the player we need, stat wise in the prem he's up there with the very best hes far from the hopeless 2 left feet some people are portraying him as.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Tbh I think he'll do really well at Juve. He'll guarantee loads of goals in an actual working system, Ronaldo always works better with a #9 to occupy the CBs, while Lukaku does have a hard working mentality (in terms of training and improving himself). He hasnt worked out here and I'm far from a fan, and he is annoying on the pitch, but he has shown plenty of times he can be hard working off the ball, it's more his role at Juve would be far different than his role at United. Lukaku will also look up to Ronaldo and work his ass off to impress him and work well with him, so I think itll work out for them.

If a big team is relying on him to be the main focal point of the attack and do things on his own while he's isolated like how we used him, then he won't be able to live up to the expectations IMO. Being part of the cast around Ronaldo, think he'd work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.