5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
New left back needed. It’s getting to the point now we just can’t rely on Shaw, and Dalot isn’t so terrible that right back is a must.

RedDevil@84

We need to invest in a starter and turn him into back up. He is no longer durable
No. We cannot have a 150K pw backup. We should try to sell him and get those wages off the books.
It is a different thing that we may not be able to sell him as teams may not want to take a punt on an injury prone player, but at least the intent should be to sell him and if that doesn't work, then he can play backup.

2 man midfield

Good job we sent Reguilon back wasn’t it? That was so smart of us

Gordon S

Murray's no where near United first team standard.
Apparently not available anyway if i understood correctly.
Well i much rather have a younger left back than a player out of position, but thats just me.
It is most probably Victor who plays leftback, until Aron is back at least.

AFC NimbleThumb

Should be a first reserve at LB & LCB. I’ve been one of the bigger sceptics in his time & this is partly why. His body can not hack it.

FerociousCorgis

no shocker here unfortunately. Absolutely cannot be counted on as a starter next season with any regularity

Djemba-Djemba

Cannot be relied upon anymore.

He's a brilliant defender but it's just not worth it, he misses so many games.

Need a new left back.

Red & White

He’s gonna be a big loss for the run-in. We do look better when he’s starting and the left side is much better with him.

pascell

Is there ever going to be a summer transfer window we're not in the hunt for a LB or RB?

I don't think we'll look at selling him either way, we have our priorities.

PoTMS

Promote a left back from the U21/U18 academy. I can't watch Lindelof at left back any more.

IRELANDUNITED

Why the feck did we let Regulion go in January, would it have broken the fecking bank to keep him until the summer. Awful decision.

Robertd0803

Promote a left back from the U21/U18 academy. I can't watch Lindelof at left back any more.
Yeah my feelings exactly. Dalot is too good at RB to be moved to LB so thats exactly whats going to happen and Lindleof will be RB until AWB comes back.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Whilst inevitable it’s a massive loss.

With him and Martinez out, that’s like 50% of the pure footballing ability gone for the majority of the season now.

With the exception of Dalot’s 1 in 10 good efforts, he’s got the best delivery of the ball into the box. It’s a big tool we’ll miss. Even if by some miracle Malacia comes back this season, one thing he never did well was deliver the ball in.

RedDevil@84

Is there ever going to be a summer transfer window we're not in the hunt for a LB or RB?
Last summer we were convinced that Shaw has finally arrived and we didn't need an LB. Pretty sure posters here would have done the "sorted for next 5 years" talk.

Vernon Philander

Shaw is one of the most overrated players that we’ve had in recent times. He has good patches but it’s completely overshadowed by his atrocious injury record. Simply cannot be relied upon.

Dalot is the more valuable player for us.

OleGunnar20

Needs to be moved on now, what a shame he's had such a rough time with injuries.

didz

Yeah, we're cursed. Or we've been sabotaged by Arsenal via Gary O'Driscoll. That's where I'm at with this injury stuff now - it's gotta be either witchcraft or espionage.

What about 20 y.o. Sam Murray, who started for the U21 vs City two days ago? Is he not better than 16 y.o. Amass?
He started in part because Rochdale, who have him on a weird part time loan thingy, aren't picking him for their midtable clashes in the National League.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If only the club could see into the future like you clearly can.
Yeah who would've guessed Malacia who's been injured all season would continue to be injured and Shaw would turn out to be injury prone

2 man midfield

If only the club could see into the future like you clearly can.
Hardly needed a psychic, did it? It’s Luke Shaw - he’s been injured more than he’s been fit during his time here. And he was our only left back!

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Yeah who would've guessed Malacia who's been injured all season would continue to be injured and Shaw would turn out to be injury prone
No need to be facetious. AWB was back and Dalot could cover the left. Shaw was back from injury, and Ty was on the mend. Was it reasonable to expect Ty would have so many setbacks? Was it reasonable to expect Shaw to do his hamstring? Should the club continue to pay millions in wages and loan fees for a player who bearly played when we were light at fullback?
Anybody using the ending of the Reguilon loan to berate the club needs to get out more. It’s whining for whining sake.

always_hoping

Zero luck with injuries this season and the main reason for such a struggle all season has been the injuries and will be uphill challenge now for top 4 without Shaw and Martinez for extended period of time.

Bertie Wooster

The trouble is, the good U21 LB is Alvaro Fernandez, who's on loan at Benfica. The remaining one, Sam Murray, really isn't good enough. The fact he's on a semi-loan with Rochdale (can play for both them and our U21's during it) in the NL indicates his level.

The U18 LB, Harry Amass, looks very promising and I have big hopes for him making the first team squad in time. But he's still only 16 (turns 17 next month), and so has rarely featured yet for the U21's. So stepping straight up to the first team is a huge ask and it feels at least a year too soon for him.

Bertie Wooster

Wasn’t Fernandez a permanent deal?
No. But could become one.

It's one of those loans with an agreed fee - and it becomes activated if he starts a certain number of games, otherwise it's about whether Benfica wanted to take up the permanent transfer or not.

All of that probably means that there isn't a call back option, as it was a loan with a view to a permanent transfer.

United Hobbit

Just as we started to think we were getting out the other side of the injury crisis, we lose both him and Martinez again for extended periods

Wtf is wrong with Malacia he seems to have just disappeared

Regulion wasn't horrendous when we used him, should have kept him til the end of the season