View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Cantonalegod

I don't think he needs to leave as he is a good player and tries but he does need to be a backup instead of our No1 and probably a wage cut too.
How do you propose a wage cut when he has a contract to 2027 on £150k a week?

Vidooq

Renegotiate.
Why would he lower his salary? He has a contract that protects his salary until 2027. I dont recall a footballer who lowered his salary prior to his contract expiration, if you exclude the Barsa salaries shenanigans, but even then, they only postpone the payments to players.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
That’s mad he only missed 3 games last year. Total outlier. Shows what weak foundations our “success” last season was built on. As soon as one of our best and most important players injury record reverts to the norm we find ourselves in deep shit.
Yep - similar to Martinez missing all the games from Feb/Mar onwards last season and our subsequent form went all over the place.

Irwin99

ah for the days of Neville, Evra, Irwin putting in 40+ appearances for season after season

RuudTom83

Taking him to the Euro's just seem wrong.

Shaw and Martial should put their profession as Full-time Injured, Part-Time Footballer

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
And this picture doesn't even include 17-18. He missed 32 games that season. Even if we exclude the 2 outliers (15-16 and 22-23), he misses *22.4 games per season on average. With international football included that's still more than 1 in 3 games. That's really bad.

* the number is likely to rise as the current season isn't over yet.

Irwin99

I've had very mixed opinions on Shaw over the years but please God bring him back (or Malacia) for the end of the season at least. I can't watch AwB there again.

BorisManUtd

Even in 14/15 he missed most of the season and that was before that injury at PSV. Such a shame but he's too injury prone and will turn 29 in few months, we can't count on him in some long-term planning. Even the players that actually have ability are unavailable to us all the time. Frustrating.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
One of my favorite players at the club but he should not be first choice LB anymore. The tally for this season is now up to 27 and it's because of two seperate muscle injuries. He did well to come back from two seperate bad injuries and completely proved Mourinho wrong by being one of our best players for 4-5 years but it's too much now. He'll almost be 32 when his contract runs out which is a decent enough age to let run out or sell with a year left. Until then we need a new LB who'll at least give us 30 league games. Shaw has average 28.5 total games per season in his career. The other end of that scale is Bruno Fernandes who has average of 45 games which includes 4 seasons of no European football and no 2nd cup.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
One of my favorite players at the club but he should not be first choice LB anymore. The tally for this season is now up to 27 and it's because of two seperate muscle injuries. He did well to come back from two seperate bad injuries and completely proved Mourinho wrong by being one of our best players for 4-5 years but it's too much now. He'll almost be 32 when his contract runs out which is a decent enough age to let run out or sell with a year left. Until then we need a new LB who'll at least give us 30 league games. Shaw has average 28.5 total games per season in his career. The other end of that scale is Bruno Fernandes who has average of 45 games which includes 4 seasons of no European football and no 2nd cup.
Wow he still has another 4 years on his deal?!

It's a simple equation - when fit and in form he's outstanding. But he tends to miss 20 games a season which is a huge chunk.

If he's got a slight chance of being back this season it has to very carefully considered if that's wise.
Definitely shouldn't be going to a summer tournament unless he's played 2-3 games here and done very well.

NZT-One

Wow he still has another 4 years on his deal?!

It's a simple equation - when fit and in form he's outstanding. But he tends to miss 20 games a season which is a huge chunk.

If he's got a slight chance of being back this season it has to very carefully considered if that's wise.
Definitely shouldn't be going to a summer tournament unless he's played 2-3 games here and done very well.
Can't remember a game where any United player has been outstanding. But one specific player was called incredible today, in a 1:1 homegame against Burnley with Burnley actually having the better chances (my perception), so I guess words just lost all meaning.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can't remember a game where any United player has been outstanding. But one specific player was called incredible today, in a 1:1 homegame against Burnley with Burnley actually having the better chances (my perception), so I guess words just lost all meaning.
Incredible just means difficult to believe. Doesn't necessarily mean in a positive way :wenger:

Bwuk

We should be signing a starting LB and letting Shaw cover both LB and LCB. Get rid of Malacia. Amass/Martinez can also cover if required.

NZT-One

Incredible just means difficult to believe. Doesn't necessarily mean in a positive way :wenger:
:D Got it. This is definitely my week on here. I either use words completely wrong or I misinterpret others. I guess, I'll go to ChatGPT and tell him what to write from now on

NoPace

That’s mad he only missed 3 games last year. Total outlier. Shows what weak foundations our “success” last season was built on. As soon as one of our best and most important players injury record reverts to the norm we find ourselves in deep shit.
Shaw (and maybe Lisandro though I want to believe he's just had bad luck) being healthy, Casemiro and Eriksen in their final still pretty good seasons aged 31/32 before the wheels fell off this year, Rashford going 1 in 2, yeah it was a mirage.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
mad from both
Be good to see the back of Martial to be fair. He was a good player for us for 4 years or so…but it’s time to go. Shaw…he’s class. By far our best player since SAF.