View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

United Hobbit

See he's in the England squad, wonder if he was one of those Rooney eluded to about prolonged injuries. Not played for us for months but able to rock up for England?

Leg-End

He's bit of a risk isn't he, he usually takes about a month to get going after an injury lay off.

WouterWeghorst

Supports
Bald Managers
Feels really weird he's constantly unavailable for United yet rocks up for England in the EC..

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I am so split over this guy. I rate him as one of the best and most complete LB in PL. I enjoy watching him play.
BUT his injury history is just bad. And i am not sure that will change.

Blood Mage

Why is there no talk of him leaving? Absolute joke that he's missed most of the season again. He's a great player but his fitness record is a disgrace and I'd rather have a LB who isn't as good but can play most games a season thanks.

SER19

Despite his injury record, i think he just about plays enough and has enough talent to justify keeping in the squad. A versatile option and a confident player, hes managed 47 games twice in last 4 season, each broken up in between by injury hit seasons. I don't think he should be a starter, we need a new left back, but we also need real depth. Look at City bench yesterday - dias and akanji on bench. Seasons are long enough to keep all happy

Irwin99

Why is there no talk of him leaving? Absolute joke that he's missed most of the season again. He's a great player but his fitness record is a disgrace and I'd rather have a LB who isn't as good but can play most games a season thanks.
No one will pay his wages or a fee for an injury prone player I guess.

On the plus side, in the usual Luke Shaw cycle of one good season followed by a poor one, we're due a good season from him next season :drool: .

Nori-

If he could stay fit, he's one of the best in his position. The problem is he can't and we constantly have to change things around when he's injured.

If we could even get £30m for him, i'd take it. We need a consistant back four next season.

Abraxas

The fact is Luke Shaw is probably more valuable to us than he is to anyone else at the moment because we already hold his contract. Who is going to pay the money and his wages in his current state of inconsistent ability to get on a football pitch. We'd get a naff offer most likely. When fit he's a very good footballer.

What we need to do is decide whether Malacia is up to scratch and see whether we need to address the situation. But I don't see Luke Shaw leaving being part of the plan as I just can't identify who is going to buy him.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
No team is buying him with his injury record and honestly thats good for us. If we can get him fit, he can transition from left back to centre back and give us a good 4-5 years service beyond the next couple of seasons. If we can send him off with a league title before his time is up here then that would be perfect and what he deserves for his service. He's comfortably Englands best left back when fit and one of the best in the world.

Mike Smalling

Happy to keep him as he can also cover for Martinez is central defense quite well. We need a new left back, though, that’s clear. If we get 25-30 starts from Shaw in all comps, that’s probably all we can ask for.

Marwood

We keep saying Shaw is the best LB in the world when fit.

I think there's very little difference now when Dalot plays LB. I don't see a great gap between the two.

That City game, even if Shaw was fit, I think I'd prefer Dalot's performance.

Red00012

I see a quote from ETH saying that because of his leg break years ago , he will never be able to play 60 games a season. Such a shame.

Jund

Nobody is paying anything above 10mln for a 28 year old LB, who will play at best 30 games a season. Keep him, get in a young player who can easily replace Malacia as 2nd choice and challenge Shaw's starting place in 2 years.

Besides that - whenever he's fit, he's putting in great shifts.

BorisManUtd

Nobody is paying anything above 10mln for a 28 year old LB, who will play at best 30 games a season. Keep him, get in a young player who can easily replace Malacia as 2nd choice and challenge Shaw's starting place in 2 years.

Besides that - whenever he's fit, he's putting in great shifts.
Plus can play LB and LCB. He's in late 20s so perhaps will permanently move to center back position soon in 2 years or so.

sugar_kane

What a miraculous recovery, praise the lord.

What are the chances he gets injured again just after the end of the tournament?

SoCross

What a miraculous recovery, praise the lord.

What are the chances he gets injured again just after the end of the tournament?
Southgate literally says that he still has a bit to do before he can get onto a pitch in a game situation.