5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I dont rate him that highly when hes available to be honest. Always thought he was overrated on here. I'd sell him. His wages are far too high for a back up left back, see no reason to believe he'd be a better centre back than an actual centre back. Just dont rate his mentality at all.
w
United fans had a tendency of overrating players who are in the treatment room. I remember how certain people described Fabio da Silva. You'll think that he was the fusion of Paolo Maldini and Roberto Carlos.

However Shaw is quite a decent player. He knows how to defend, at 6ft1 he's quite physical and he can move forward with the ball. Rashford being Rashford needed someone like Shaw behind him as the latter acted like an insurance policy for him. If Rashy didn't defend then Shaw would do it, if Rashy didn't hug the line then Shaw would step in on his behalf and if Rashy switched off then Shaw will pick up the tab. Shaw is no Denis Irwin but he is an excellent player.

Hence why I would go for Davis especially if we retain Rashford. With wingers such as ours we need someone who can both defend and attack.

Oranges038

Can't be relied upon to stay fit at all and can't ve relied on to perform when he is fit. Get rid.

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
Such a torrid injury history which is a massive shame as he’s shown his quality at various times throughout his career here despite the typical knee jerks in here saying otherwise.

Not sure where his future lies but there’s a shortage of good left full backs around it feels.

vanrooney

Luke is one of not the best lb in the pl when fit. Sadly he isn’t fit very often. I really like him but even as a squad player he isn’t fit enough. Have to sell and get one or two lbs

devilish

Luke is one of not the best lb in the pl when fit. Sadly he isn’t fit very often. I really like him but even as a squad player he isn’t fit enough. Have to sell and get one or two lbs
I fully agree with the bold part. For the rest, well, who would buy him at this point?

Al-T

Another player whose ability has become secondary to his inability to stay fit. In an ideal world, we'd move him on; but this is far from an ideal world.

He's under contract until 2027, probably on a high wage. Can't see there being a queue of potential buyers.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think even with the injuries we should keep him, but left back should be a priority position. Get in someone with top potential, and have Shaw battle it out/rotate into CB. I wouldn't be surprised if he spends the last period of his career being a pretty class CB.

Suv666

His injury record is something else no one is going to buy him

23/24Muscle injury90 days16
23/24Muscle injury92 days16
22/23unknown injury13 days3
21/22Leg injury41 days8
21/22Corona virus14 days3
21/22Hamstring injury13 days2
21/22Head injury17 days5
20/21Hamstring injury30 days9
20/21Ankle injury59 days9
19/20Ill7 days2
19/20Muscle injury40 days10
19/20Hamstring injury44 day11

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I fully agree with the bold part. For the rest, well, who would buy him at this point?
Package him with Casemiro and send them to the Saudis. They've done worse transfers and I hear the kebabs are good.

aeh1991

21/22Leg injury41 days8
21/22Head injury17 days5
19/20Ill7 days2
And yet some people here want to plan with him as a starter. We need to make a new LB as a top 3 priority.

kaku06

Vulgarian

21/22Leg injury41 days8
21/22Head injury17 days5
19/20Ill7 days2
This is just horrendous. What’s the justification of keeping a player like him? If he’s gonna miss so much of the season then what’s the god damn point of keeping him at all?

devilish

Package him with Casemiro and send them to the Saudis. They've done worse transfers and I hear the kebabs are good.
The Saudis would probably not buy a player who was out throughout most of the season. Also I doubt Shaw would want to go there

Its a shame that things ended that way. The guy could become the next Irwin if only he was fit

sugar_kane

He’s played fewer games than Martial… not just over the course of his United career but this season.

PoTMS

I'd put him at the top of the list of the Rooney quote recently.
I love Shaw but I agree, absolutely. He probably wanted nothing to do with this clusterfeck of a season and anything that would potentially jeopardise his spot in the England squad.

Bobade

I love Shaw but I agree, absolutely. He probably wanted nothing to do with this clusterfeck of a season and anything that would potentially jeopardise his spot in the England squad.
If that was true, then how could you love him? That is an absolute joke and an insult to the fans and the club.

I like Shaw too, but if that turned out to be the case (not that we will ever know) , I'd certainly like him a hell of a lot less.

PoTMS

If that was true, then how could you love him? That is an absolute joke and an insult to the fans and the club.

I like Shaw too, but if that turned out to be the case (not that we will ever know) , I'd certainly like him a hell of a lot less.
As a player - he's probably the best left back in world football when fit and firing. As a person, I have no idea what his character is like.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I really don’t know what to think about him going to the Euros. I think he’s still the best left back we have, and Southgate is famously loyal, but he won’t have played at all. Unless he somehow gets minutes in the FA Cup final, but if I was ten Hag there’s not a chance I’d be playing him at the weekend.

bitcoin

I'd love to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the optics of this are not great.

Telling the physios at United he's unfit to play whilst saving himself for the Euros.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
As a player - he's probably the best left back in world football when fit and firing. As a person, I have no idea what his character is like.
So, not for a few years then?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I know some rate him highly but I just don't get it. When he broke through at Southampton, I thought he would become a superstar.

In the end his time at United is littered with fitness issues and inconsistency. I think we've been starved of an actual fullback for god knows how long that we overrate anyone who resembles one.

RuudTom83

Wild if he turns up for England and starts playing.

But if it’s just a matter of Southgate calling him up to then release him soon after to soften the blow of missing the Euros then fair enough.

Time will tell.

sugar_kane

You'd have to assume he could only be referring to the ones he's played with, eg. Rashford, Luke Shaw and/or Martial.

Also I remember during LVG's stint Luke Shaw getting injured during a game and Rooney walking off shaking his head. It seemed like a really weird reaction to one of his own team mates.

I wonder if some of it is mental with Shaw, you can't underestimate the psychological trauma of what happened with that leg break. He thought he was going to lose his leg at one point.

stevoc

Wouldn't not playing for 3 months jeopardise his place more?

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He’s always been incredibly unprofessional, you just need to look at the state he turned up in almost every season since he’s been at United.
Perhaps in his early years with us. He’s been incredibly fit (not to play football but in terms of body fat etc.) the past few years.

Been injured the whole season now he’s miraculously fit to go to the Euros. This guy is a real Teflon Don :lol:

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
To be fair to Shaw - Southgate has just said he's a long shot and wants to give him more time so there is a chance he may not be fit enough to even make the 26

devilish

Been injured the whole season now he’s miraculously fit to go to the Euros. This guy is a real Teflon Don :lol:
Fat Ronaldo did that to Inter. I remember laughing at how poorly run they were for allowing it. Shaw is nowhere near to fat Ronaldo

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Southgate doesn't think he'll be in the squad.

It's amazing that people actually believe Rooney knows whether players are really injured or not.
I reckon if he proves his fitness he will be.

And I've no idea why you're saying the second thing to me.