Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He's excellent.
He is. My criticism with him is getting silly yellows. Not just for dissent or kicking the ball away needlessly, but also taking an early booking instead of chasing a player back. His first touch for a defender is absolutely out of this world. He's better than every centre back we have at LCB other than Martinez, but he is just way better at left back. He tends to head the ball into a danger area at centre back or lump it forward, but out wide he either dribbles or plays very precise passes.

I can't wait to get Martinez back so we can see them both raising our level drastically.

Raven

He is. My criticism with him is getting silly yellows. Not just for dissent or kicking the ball away needlessly, but also taking an early booking instead of chasing a player back. His first touch for a defender is absolutely out of this world. He's better than every centre back we have at LCB other than Martinez, but he is just way better at left back. He tends to head the ball into a danger area at centre back or lump it forward, but out wide he either dribbles or plays very precise passes.

I can't wait to get Martinez back so we can see them both raising our level drastically.
The silly yellows are a real annoyance for me as well. It's no surprise that our attacking play has improved drastically with him back in the side.

Woziak

Such a classy footballer, it's no small thing for a left back to be able to slot in at CB.... in a back 4.... and look like an absolute natural.
He’s be outstanding at CDM as well hugely underated baller ?

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Shaw is back and we started playing good . Any coincidence? Hopefully Martinez is also back soon.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
World class player, there's been very few players who I genuinely feel sorry for being stuck with this version of United in terms of their own legacy, reputation, trophy count... He's one of them. Put him at City under Pep and you'd have people calling him one of the best left backs the premier league have ever seen. I genuinely believe this.

Though as others have said, he does love the random dumb yellow. But small complaint.

Raven

Aye, imagine having a right back of the same level. We'd have...balance.
He's probably our best player, it would obviously be great if we had 2 of him but I still quite like Dalot and think he is capable of high levels as well.

Marwood

I thought he was a bit loose today as he was for the Newcastle goal. Almost too talented for his own good is Luke.

But for sure, he's more CB than LB now. It just suits him better at this stage of his career.

It also suits us as a team because we badly need some pace at CB. He has to stay there.

TempusFugit

He's genuinely elite, one of those players who would start for any team in the league imo. There's no LB around I'd take over peak Shaw except maybe Davies because he's so dangerous going forward.

An in form Shaw is just a superb player, quick, strong, can read the game well and with a very high technical level. Extremely competent at CB too, he gets to everything aerially despite not being very tall. His problem is consistency and sometimes willingly choosing to play at 60-70% of his actual ability. We will need him if we're going to do anything meaningful this season.

Bwuk

He should start every game at LCB until Martinez is back.

berbasloth4

It’s a pity we are having to sacrifice our best crosser of the ball but it’s clearer he is one of our leaders when he plays we are better.

criticalanalysis

Bit surprised with the praise. Far too lackadaisical. Again quite bad at LB but redeemed himself with the CB performance.

Going forward he should play at CB only if the alternative is Lindelof/Evans and himself at LB with his current form.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I've said for a while I think he's our best LCB (including Martinez). The left hand side that finished last night (him, Reguilon, Garnacho) is worth a start.

OverratedOpinion

He's been our best player for about 3 years overall. Great to have him back.

Probably already put in the best performance we have seen at centre back this season.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Agree with those saying he's our best player. Perhaps the only one in the squad who has a genuine claim of being the best in the league in their respective positions.

What was his yellow for last night? I completely missed it, vaguely recall a fairly innocuous foul in the first half.

Oranges038

Agree with those saying he's our best player. Perhaps the only one in the squad who has a genuine claim of being the best in the league in their respective positions.

What was his yellow for last night? I completely missed it, vaguely recall a fairly innocuous foul in the first half.
Kicked the ball away. First time in a long long time I've seen a ref book a player for that.

Did it again in the second half too and could have got another one for it.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
There’s the lazy nonchalant Shaw that we all know

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Knives are out.

Was responsible for their second, but we’ve lost both games he’s come out as the starting CB since he returned. There might be an argument that he shouldn’t be playing there unless it’s an absolute last resort..

drdoityourself

50/50 pass in knee height for Garnacho against Newcastle that spawned a winning goal. The same lazy pass into the wing to lose possession that gave Chelsea an attack for an equalizer.
A shocking half-hearted pass to kill this game for us.

Just so many times during his career he feels like a lazy, unbothered player. Just a little thing but you'll never see him hurried to take a throw in when we're a goal down. Just looks like he doesn't really care.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Nowhere near as good as many seem to think he is
He is a waste of talent. His sporadic periods of good form nowhere warrant the reputation he has in the eyes of some of the fans and pundits. He is way too inconsistent. At a well run club he would have been sold a long time ago. Jose was right about each and everyone of these chancers.

Oranges038

Twice in a week goals have come of the back of him playing an aimless forward ball to noone in particular.

He's alright for the most part, but he has these games where he's just plain shite and today was one of them.

Aretak

He's not a central defender, and playing him there whilst Varane and Evans sit on the bench is madness.

Rossa

He looks so switched off at times. There were a couple of times where a loose ball came his way, and instead of attacking the ball he waited till it fell to his feet, only for a Bournemouth pmayer who actuakly bothered stole it from him or caused other problems.

Then you have his passing. So lackadaisical. Then there is his speed; is it just me, or does he move slower? He tried to break from defense to attack once but had no chance of advancing with the ball, easily loaing a foot race.

Rossa

He's not a central defender, and playing him there whilst Varane and Evans sit on the bench is madness.
It is, for anyone not Dutch and obsessed with this left foot fetish for LCBs. Did Varane play LCB for RM? Maguire did for United. Vidic, VVD. It’s bullshit.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
I can't get my head around playing him at LCB when Varane sits on the bench. Is he injured? Or ETH doesn't like him playing alongside Maguire? Shaw is clearly much better at LB, hence why he's played their his whole career.

Imo it's no coincidence that we played terrible today and vs Newcastle, both times Shaw was LCB, while looking much better vs Chelsea when he was LB.

Sylar

His best performances last season as cb was with varane as his partner.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He looks so switched off at times. There were a couple of times where a loose ball came his way, and instead of attacking the ball he waited till it fell to his feet, only for a Bournemouth pmayer who actuakly bothered stole it from him or caused other problems.

Then you have his passing. So lackadaisical. Then there is his speed; is it just me, or does he move slower? He tried to break from defense to attack once but had no chance of advancing with the ball, easily loaing a foot race.
Also seemed to forget as CB he should be sweeping and a couple of times nearly let the ball run out or leave it to someone else. He was petulant in his duels and almost got a dumb yellow card kicking the ball away, luckily he kicked it to Bruno.

One to forget.

SAFMUTD

He's living out of that 2021 form. He was immense that season for both us and England but many praise him as a top/worldclass player. I don't think many outside fans think of him that way.

Yes he contributes a lot on the build up but he's not a rock at the back nor he produces enough in attack to be special at anything. He's just a little above average, that's it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Terrible today which was weird. Got bullied at CB and we missed his progression on the left.