g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });
Luke Shaw image 23

Luke Shaw England flag

2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.7 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

CM

It would be great news if Shaw is back but I hope we're not rushing it. He's far too important to us to risk another long-term lay-off.

greater wall

Good lord I can't wait to see this man back in the team. Expect to see a significant uptick in our performances and results once he's fully match fit and in the groove.
It might even lead to Rashford's form improving with him having some support on that side.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Please, please do not rush him back. Also ease him back into the PL - LCB over LB until he’s loose and match sharp.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I find it hard to believe he will be back so soon. Was he pictured in full training? Hopefully we are not forcing him back or asking the player how he feels?
Back so soon? He's been out for months.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Please, please do not rush him back. Also ease him back into the PL - LCB over LB until he’s loose and match sharp.
He's critical at left back, especially with Malachia out. A wrong side Dalot has been pretty poor there.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
He's critical at left back, especially with Malachia out. A wrong side Dalot has been pretty poor there.
That's an extremely strenuous and demanding role. If he comes back, plays there and is injured again, I'd be less surprised than if the same occurred at CB.

We need him at LB much more than CB, I agree, but I'd personally hope for a phased return before he's back in the high octane world of fullbacks flying up and down the pitch.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Will be interesting to see where he plays once he's up and running. LB might seem the obvious option but with Martinez out, our ability to progress the ball from CB having been hit and ETH having the typical preoccupation with left-footed LCBs, it wouldn't be suprising to see him play at CB either.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Will be interesting to see where he plays once he's up and running. LB might seem the obvious option but with Martinez out, our ability to progress the ball from CB having been hit and ETH having the typical preoccupation with left-footed LCBs, it wouldn't be suprising to see him play at CB either.
Yeah, if Reguilon is fit then it makes sense to play Shaw as LCB until Martinez returns.

RuudTom83

Shaw back in training, Mount will have his best mate to have lunch with...Win win.

Hopefully he is back in the starting eleven pronto.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Our best player and the one player in our squad who can confidently say he can take his counterparts at the likes of City and Liverpool. Great to have him back.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He makes such a big difference to this team, his technical ability is at different level.

NZT-One

Good to have him back. Don't think, he did anything stellar today but seems to be back to his reliable best in no time. He will be needed.

Stadjer

Glad he is back and also played well. Now we just need Martinez back and the defense can finally play the way that ETH intended it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I want one of him in midfield. If we could transfer his skillset into a CM we’d go up a level as a team.

AgentSmith

Very good performance considering it was his first in roughly three months. He looks far leaner than you'd stereotypically expect of Shaw after a lay-off, which suggests he's really taken his recovery seriously. Such a big upgrade for the left-hand side of the defence, both physically and technically. Optimist in me hopes his return could be the key to helping Rashford regain some form, though it feels unlikely at the moment.

Really important to have him back. Martinez will hopefully have a similarly impactful return in the new year.

Addled

Good to have him back. Don't think, he did anything stellar today but seems to be back to his reliable best in no time. He will be needed.
Totally agree. However, he doesn’t need to do anything stellar. Sound and consistent is a huge improvement on what we have seen recently in his position. We can only hope that his performances improve game on game from here. Delighted he is back.

adamwest

His first touch cannot be matched amongst anyone in our team, by a distance.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Biggest boost from a returning player for a long time.
Makes a huge difference.

criticalanalysis

Very good performance considering it was his first in roughly three months. He looks far leaner than you'd stereotypically expect of Shaw after a lay-off, which suggests he's really taken his recovery seriously. Such a big upgrade for the left-hand side of the defence, both physically and technically. Optimist in me hopes his return could be the key to helping Rashford regain some form, though it feels unlikely at the moment.
Agree. I would actually surprised.

Yup. It was good for him to get a game under his belt but say it quietly, the same deficiencies were there that I really expect more from him. On his back foot when receiving passes, tucks into the penalty box leaving the left channels exposed and for all the so called good passing we praise him for, he does a lot of really bad push passes with his toes that give our players not much choice but to pass it back or take it in awkward situations.

We miss him, which says a lot really.

3KDré

Him + Mainoo is going to improve our build- up immensely. Add Martinez to that and we're looking very solid. We just need the forwards to start clicking.