Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Ballache

Supports
Martial
Spends 3 months out with a muscle injury, oh I know, let's start him in all 6 of the games that we have in the next 17 days. Great idea!!! Genius management.
This.
Whilst I kind of agree with the overall sentiment in past few pages, this in particular stands out for me.
Shaw isn't a major issue for us but like Rashford and Bruno, I'm selling if a good offer comes.

Santos J

Spends 3 months out with a muscle injury, oh I know, let's start him in all 6 of the games that we have in the next 17 days. Great idea!!! Genius management.
Aye I was surprised at the time when he was back and straight into the first XI after a fairly long lay off, was a matter of time before he picked up another injury

Marwood

Another one not living up to the potential.

Again us not being ruthless enough, we've been dragging on with Luke for years now, his injury time keeps pilling on, his perfomances keep getting worse....

There are left backs in the world you know.
Spurs just landed Udogie for peanuts.

You just have to look.
I've been saying this for a while. Folk need to update their opinion on Shaw. They're still seeing him as the player from 5 years ago.

Jezpeza

Don’t forget Bruno and Dalot, these guys have had enough chances and failed to deliver, need a complete overhaul despite spending 1bn+ since fergie left
personally I like bruno but Dalot is so comically shit i didn't even think he was worth mentioning. People have it in their head he is good going forward - he isnt. He's awful at defending too. Another flop buy who was loaned out to AC Milan years ago to go in the shop window but is still still here all these years later

Apparently this is his 24th injury and the 7th hamstring injury. We really should be looking for a new LB in the summer.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Apparently this is his 24th injury and the 7th hamstring injury. We really should be looking for a new LB in the summer.
Yup. At any normal club finding a replacement for him would be a top priority. You just can't have such a fragile player in your best XI. Being an absolute clown show, though. replacing him wouldn't even scrape into our top 5 priorities.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I like him and it's been bad management of him recently but we need a starting LB. Enough of buying cover, he misses far too many games and can't be relied upon physically. Go buy an actual starting LB and see if Shaw can push himself to be fit and available.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Honestly, Salah absolutely dogwalks him every time we play them. Better off sitting this one out.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Honestly, Salah absolutely dogwalks him every time we play them. Better off sitting this one out.
There were games under Ole where he was fine against Salah. Just that last season with the 5-0 and then he didn't play at Anfield last season cause that was Malacia wasn't it?

Doracle

There were games under Ole where he was fine against Salah. Just that last season with the 5-0 and then he didn't play at Anfield last season cause that was Malacia wasn't it?
He played the full match and basically gave up with about 30 minutes left. Think he ended at CB as Malacia came in for Martinez with about 20 mins left.

Doracle

I don’t think that he has any specific issue with Salah though. There’s been several matches where he’s got the better of him.

RedDevil@84

I remember him having a horrible match where he stopped trying mid game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Shaw has featured in the 5-0, 2-4, and 7-0 thumpings. Salah scored in each of 'em. Salah has ours (and particularly Shaw's) number whenever he plays us. Bastard.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
He was involved in most of our big defeats over the year. I think he was the only player next to de Gea who played most of those games(obviously).

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
Was excellent against Salah today and as usual has that extra time on the ball that others lack
He did nothing with the ball, he refuses to run with the ball for some reason, and invited lot of pressure on other player with weak passes. But yeah, defensively can't blame him, he was solid as rest of the back 4.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He did nothing with the ball, he refuses to run with the ball for some reason, and invited lot of pressure on other player with weak passes. But yeah, defensively can't blame him, he was solid as rest of the back 4.
It’s not about doing things with the ball but about not shitting it when you get it, in games like these. That’s what he brings - calmness on the ball and not treating it like it’s poisonous. I do wish he made more overlapping / marauding runs but at this point I’ve given up on that

Amar__

Supports
MK Dons
It’s not about doing things with the ball but about not shitting it when you get it, in games like these. That’s what he brings - calmness on the ball and not treating it like it’s poisonous. I do wish he made more overlapping / marauding runs but at this point I’ve given up on that
His technique is excellent, that's nothing new. If he wanted to run he could be our real playmaker, but he doesn't have the mentality for that.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
SHould show more composure in some moments I htink. but coming back from injury wasnt totally bad performance.

united for life

Love this guy. No nonsense, consistent player. He is good on the ball, defends well, goes forward nicely. Turns out he has a brain

bucky

He lost possession 18 times, more than any of our players.

Irwin99

Had no problem at all with him getting that yellow card. I thought he had a decent game defensively and I feared the worst with his injury on Tuesday.

I guess that now we're out of Europe and he won't have to play two times a week it will benefit him on the injury front?

criticalanalysis

He is quite literally the most composed player in the squad when he has the ball. Has been for a while now.
He's really not. Although a small(er) sample size, that's Martinez. Shaw has bouts of form where he plays like he's possessed but in general, he's not as dominant/composed as people like to think.

He regularly does lazy push/toe passes on his back foot to his supporting wide player, who's being pressed by the opposition in our own half, where we lose the ball or it's a low probability chance of retention. Also when 'pressed' aka a player simply in his vicinity, he often times takes the easy option of passing it back to the keeper, lofting a dumb ball down the channel, when he has the time to open his body up (for another passing angle etc) or carry it further than 1 yard.

For today's game, I thought he was surprisingly defensively switch on and I don't really have complaints about in possession because it wasn't the type of game to over analyse that.

Maureen-yo

He's really not. Although a small(er) sample size, that's Martinez. Shaw has bouts of form where he plays like he's possessed but in general, he's not as dominant/composed as people like to think.

He regularly does lazy push/toe passes on his back foot to his supporting wide player, who's being pressed by the opposition in our own half, where we lose the ball or it's a low probability chance of retention. Also when 'pressed' aka a player simply in his vicinity, he often times takes the easy option of passing it back to the keeper, lofting a dumb ball down the channel, when he has the time to open his body up (for another passing angle etc) or carry it further than 1 yard.

For today's game, I thought he was surprisingly defensively switch on and I don't really have complaints about in possession because it wasn't the type of game to over analyse that.
I don’t agree with your opinion but appreciate the response. In my opinion he carries the ball very well, he keeps hold of possession (passing to Onana included) very well and his first touch is probably the best in the squad also.

Jund

I love that guy. Personally I think he's one of the best, if not the best player we've had in the last decade.

RedRJ

I don’t agree with your opinion but appreciate the response. In my opinion he carries the ball very well, he keeps hold of possession (passing to Onana included) very well and his first touch is probably the best in the squad also.
I’d like to see how he does at CDM as I think he has attributes that very few of our other midfielders have.

Marwood

Had a good game but that wasn't a fullback performance. It was a centre back playing left back.

Everything he did in his own half was good/decent but there was nothing in the opposition half and that's my worry with Shaw.

I don't think he's physically capable anymore of being a fullback who can defend and attack all game.

GMoore23

Once again, The manager is a clown yet most still can't admit it. I've been calling out his squad management since before this time last season.

Regards Shaw.

We need an upgrade ASAP. He never was that good anyway apart from a couple of purple patches.
These days, he just plays within himself. Never pushes past his comfort zone.

lex talionis

Decent performance which helped keep our sheet clean.

What the fukk did Malacia do to himself to be out so long?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Like someone mentioned above, it’s been a really small sample size with Martinez, however I agree he is very good on the ball.
Its not small. He played football before United

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was the only one brave enough to show up on ball and do some dribbling.