Luke Shaw agrees new 4 year contract - announced!

CG1010

Great news, but I hope he doesn't down tools now that he is firmly established as #1 LB in the team AND got his contract.

m1tch

Seems to be a player that responds to competition for his place. Let's hope he continues to feel that in what should be his best years ahead.

Red Royal

Good news takes him to 31 and with his ability to play CB at times hopefully he stay fit and good enough to be a first teamer that long.

bludsucker

ETH has said in the presser that he doesn’t know about any contract extension being agreed between the club and shaw. So this news seems to be a bit premature.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
ETH has said in the presser that he doesn’t know about any contract extension being agreed between the club and shaw. So this news seems to be a bit premature.
That's not how I took his comment at all. Basically said that he's not sure whether it's been finalised or not and as long as he hasn't got the final update from Murtough, he can't say too much.

"If he signed, I don't know, I haven't heard, John didn't inform me until now. I have to wait for that. If true, I am pleased. We definitely want to keep him because he's a really important player for our team."

JustinC00

Tells me Rashford is 100% holding out for more money. Have fun at PSG Marcus.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I've always liked Shaw as a player and always rated him. He's struggled through some tough times at United, breaking his leg, Mou treating him like an idiot and completely undermining him. But he's a proper player and looks to be blooming under EtH. Good decision

pogbasformerbarber

I’ve been paying attention lately that his first touch on long balls in has been elite this season. It’s somewhat of a drinking game with my buddies at this point. Just sayin…

Great player…great business to lock up the spot.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
His good stint as CB really make him an attractive signing.

Eric_the_Red99

The complete lack of drama around this contract renewal has been a welcome breath of fresh air, particularly considering how important he is to the team at the moment.

Revaulx

It’s good news, I just hope he can continue this form as he’s never really been able to keep it up. At least we’ve got Malacia if he does regress again.
I think he’s high maintenance, and always will be. As long as the manager thinks he’s worth the effort then that’s not really a problem as long as it’s recognised. Jose thought he was too much trouble; ETH doesn’t.

Saying this will probably curse him, but aside from the leg break he used to pick up a lot of minor niggles. He seems to have become less injury-prone of late; another reason why it’s a good thing to keep hold of him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Excellent. Probably our best player. Fabulous, majestic footballer.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Tells me Rashford is 100% holding out for more money. Have fun at PSG Marcus.
Didn’t know Rashford had a clause in his contract to sign a new deal the same day Luke Shaw does.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Great news. Probably easier to tie down a LB contract than a star forward.

Who is the highest paid LB in the world?
It's not totally out of the question that the answer is Luke Shaw now. Although I accept that it's most likely one of the ridiculous clubs - Chelsea with Cucurella, Barca with Jordi Alba, City with Cancelo, something like that. If Alaba ever played LB he'd probably be up there too.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
He was a player i was very annoyed with last season. He has done well this season but really that's the least that should be expected at this level. I hope he does not rest on his laurels now but keeps the motivation to kick on to the big trophies. Its still a bit of a wait and see for me though tbh, but i trust the judgement of ETH.

R'hllor

Full bingo card of CAF reaction to this news, we will see in few years but doubt this will be viewed as good decision.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Excellent news. He's managed to keep a relatively clean bill of health for the past 3 or years, in comparison to the early days so hopefully hes got another 5 or 6 strong years in him at least.

This season and in 2020 he has been the best full back over the past decade for us.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Please keep the top form going for a few years and not be the classic massive drop off after huge long deal scenario!

Belisarius

The complete lack of drama around this contract renewal has been a welcome breath of fresh air, particularly considering how important he is to the team at the moment.
This. The club seems more professional about the way it conducts business lately. I think it is a good sign. In theory, the next 4 years should be his peak years. It's good to have a few positions that are settled for the next few years.

2Injurytimegoal

One of the irreplaceable starter, Malacia is a good back-up too, Eth can focus on improve other area.

bludsucker

That's not how I took his comment at all. Basically said that he's not sure whether it's been finalised or not and as long as he hasn't got the final update from Murtough, he can't say too much.

"If he signed, I don't know, I haven't heard, John didn't inform me until now. I have to wait for that. If true, I am pleased. We definitely want to keep him because he's a really important player for our team."
One and the same imo. I think if a player renews his contract the DOF will inform the manager first. If he hasn’t informed him then nothing is finalized. Unless it has happened when he sat for the press conference.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Good news.

Has had a good season, ETH obviously has a certain amount of trust in him given he was happy to use him at LCB too and god knows we didn't need LB added to the list of positions we need to strengthen.

top1whoisman

Scout
One and the same imo. I think if a player renews his contract the DOF will inform the manager first. If he hasn’t informed him then nothing is finalized. Unless it has happened when he sat for the press conference.
Fair enough. Read your first post as in EtH having no idea if a contract is close to being agreed or not. I'm sure EtH knows exactly where the negotiations are going and he couldn't comment as the club has not published the information yet. Based on the OP I think the deal is done, it's just that United hasn't released that yet.

Dannn411

He's done well this season but I don't like this deal. History shows that when Shaw is comfortable or not being challenged, his level drops. He needs pressure to be at his best and this contract takes a lot of pressure off. A 2 year deal with a club option would have been better as it would have kept him honest.

top1whoisman

Scout
He's done well this season but I don't like this deal. History shows that when Shaw is comfortable or not being challenged, his level drops. He needs pressure to be at his best and this contract takes a lot of pressure off. A 2 year deal with a club option would have been better as it would have kept him honest.
And if he said no to that 2-year deal, then what? Sell him?

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
For everyone who remembers he has gone off the boil previously I would suggest ETH simply won't allow it.

This is very good news.