Luke Shaw next move?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yes. Only Lukaku and Matic have more appearances this season than Rashford. No one made more appearances than him last season. He's had a mid season dip whereby Martial was starting ahead of him then he suffered an injury which kept him out for a month other than that he's been an ever present this season
How many appearances were as a striker? As compared to a winger?

RedDevil@84

I'm not trying to kick up anything here but do you honestly think Rashford is getting the proper opertunity to develop?
Yes. For his age, the no of times he has been selected in the squad is pretty high. He gets to train with the best players at the club and travel with them. Plays all the competitions the club is involved in. Not many 20 yr olds could do that.
It is a different thing to speculate what could have been if he was under a different coach. But that is more of a speculation with lot of ifs and buts

NinjaFletch

Rashford's played on the wings throughout his entire youth career as well as upfront. Why would the fact he has been playing on the wings invalidate the fact he's played a shitload and is one of Mourinho's most trusted players?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Before the injury cry cry. I get the impression he got used to being a lazy get and has no real drive. Not like it doesn't happen.

He might do alright with a change of scenery and a boot up his fat arse.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
No idea but then I'm not sure why that matters, it remains to be seen whether a number 9 is his best position or whether it's a wide forward from the left

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Rashford's played on the wings throughout his entire youth career as well as upfront. Why would the fact he has been playing on the wings invalidate the fact he's played a shitload and is one of Mourinho's most trusted players?
I just see him more as a striker, I'm honestly just curious. Most of my friends are United fans and are extremely fecked off that Lukaku continually gets 90mins when the game is wrapped up and would rather see Rashford get on. Il stop the derailing.

Zoo

Everton would be a decent fit with Baines past his best.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I agree he seems to have application problems, I'd say LVG and Jose would have similar man management styles. He was such a talant at such a young age it would be criminal for someone not to try and drag it out of him.
I don't know. Attitude and commitment is a very big part of what makes someone a talent. If they're not quite perfect you can work with that, if as has been implied with Shaw, it's a constant battle to just get him to put the basic effort in, or even keep himself in shape, I don't really know what any manager could do.

Ferguson was great at getting the best out of players, but I couldn't see him doing much with Shaw. He tolerated similar from Tevez for a year or so (lazy trainer, over weight, etc.), but then ran into a similar situation that Jose is in now...and that's Tevez. I suspect the reason it was tolerated is because Tevez was still a good player despite the issues. Shaw is a decent left back, not a match winner. He can't really afford to take luxuries.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I'm not trying to kick up anything here but do you honestly think Rashford is getting the proper opertunity to develop?
Absolutely.
1444 minutes of playing-time in the PL (10th most at our club), with 14 starts and 13 subs out of 30 games, that's only 3 games he hasn't been involved in the league so far this season.
That's about the same minutes as Dembele, Trippier & slightly less than Son.
He's also played 349 minutes in the Champions League (9th most at our club).
On top of those he has minutes in the league cup and FA cup.

He's not starving for game-time at all.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Does it matter? He's not really an out and out striker for me anyway, he is better as an attacking wide player like Salah, Son and Mane. That's where he will probably end up playing for club and country.

Fridge chutney

I just see him more as a striker, I'm honestly just curious. Most of my friends are United fans and are extremely fecked off that Lukaku continually gets 90mins when the game is wrapped up and would rather see Rashford get on. Il stop the derailing.
Rashford plays well out wide. He destroyed Liverpool there recently. It's important that young players learn some versatility. Lukaku has been our best player of late so it makes no sense to move him from #9.

Red_toad

Lad could do well going back to Southampton. Not sure where all the Spurs stuff comes from Poch had the same kind of issues with him.

I still hope he can find a way back at United, but looks like Jose wants players who will do exactly as he wishes and are very professional.

Handré1990

Seeing the player in the Brighton game was a pretty saddening affair, when thinking how talented the player was when playing under Poch only 18 yrs of age. Difficult to assess how big an impact that horrific injury has had on him, but one thing is for sure he’s a shadow of the player he was.

He turns 23 in the summer, his days at Utd are obviously numbered so where will he go and what would be the best move for him?

Myself I would love it if Poch took him back and gave him an opportunity to rebuild his career with Spurs. Then hopefully he could get one back on Mourinho for the horrible way in which he’s been treated by him.
Which of these teams do you support, Liverpool, City or Tottenham?

Nickosaur

He's going to have to take several steps down. He does (did?) have potential to be top class, I doubt we'll ever see it though.

Rashford2good

Not been the same since his leg break which is understandable but I think we should kindly show him the door now, he tried to regain his momentum but a combination of lack of confidence and jose hanging him out to dry at every given opportunity means he's on a road to nowhere.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He might become good in 5 years. He doesn't seem to have much of a football brain tbh. Might be decent in a team like Palace where he can play like van Aanholt with no regards to how he's supposed to defend and make runs and then flatter to deceive.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Next move is real important for his career.

Needs a far more transparent road to first team football with a 'softer' manager but still one who'll give him a kick up the back where necessary. Maybe then he'll be able to realise most of his potential. Otherwise I fear it's another case of a player never hitting the heights he could have.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Was it poch that worked with him at Spurs? I can't remember. If so I can see a straight swap. No cash needed because both players equally seem to want out.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Stop blaming the manager.

His job is on the line and do you honestly thinks if shaw is soo good jose will not play him in his squad because he doesn't like youth?

Jose is a pragmatist, he plays rashford mctominay and anyone if they're going to help him win regardless of their age. If you're good enough you're old enough.

The Bloody-Nine

United fan concerned for the club's future and the antics of the club's present manager!
'Antics'. Ffs. When Shaw showed up a fat ass under LvG was that the manager's fault too?

He's been given plenty of chances and publicly admitted he hadn't been applying himself properly. Don't do your job to the best of your abilities you can piss off.

tomaldinho1

Absolutely.
1444 minutes of playing-time in the PL (10th most at our club), with 14 starts and 13 subs out of 30 games, that's only 3 games he hasn't been involved in the league so far this season.
That's about the same minutes as Dembele, Trippier & slightly less than Son.
He's also played 349 minutes in the Champions League (9th most at our club).
On top of those he has minutes in the league cup and FA cup.

He's not starving for game-time at all.
Anyone who has watched United this season can see he's getting good game time - he's also had an injury. The papers are so blindly biased and pushing so many anti United agendas (one of which is the Rashford not developing line) that it's hard to keep track of them all.

Mou really likes him because he's a grafter so I see him becoming a key part of our first team. I really hope Martial also gets into Mou's good books because as raw talent goes, I see him as an incredibly exciting No 9 or LW.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Anyone who has watched United this season can see he's getting good game time - he's also had an injury. The papers are so blindly biased and pushing so many anti United agendas (one of which is the Rashford not developing line) that it's hard to keep track of them all.

Mou really likes him because he's a grafter so I see him becoming a key part of our first team. I really hope Martial also gets into Mou's good books because as raw talent goes, I see him as an incredibly exciting No 9 or LW.
Yeah, the narratives pushed around are insanely annoying when they are easily proved wrong. Just like shit refs should be held accountable so should shit pundits.

Smores

I don't even buy into the wasted talent line anymore, he's had one good season in his career at a mid lower lvl club that only stood out because of his age and nationality.

Such players pop up all the time and fade into obscurity. If he'd have come through our ranks rather than bought he'd be long gone by now

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't even buy into the wasted talent line anymore, he's had one good season in his career at a mid lower lvl club that only stood out because of his age and nationality.

Such players pop up all the time and fade into obscurity. If he'd have come through our ranks rather than bought he'd be long gone by now
Maybe it will teach us not to follow in Liverpool's steps and sign Southampton players.