Luke Shaw responds to Jose Mourinho

Cloud7

Some good insight into what things were like when Jose was here. Just remember we had legions of fans trying to defend this crap when he was our manager. I haven't forgotten all of you.

RenegadeOfFunk

Now Mourinho is unemployed, he's making a lot controversial statements again to try to stay relevant and keep getting punditry roles. He should be ignored by the fans. Good response by Shaw though to put him in his place.
He's Roma manager and still an insufferable twat.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don’t know what Mourinho has said but the comments from Shaw are very good anyway.
IIRC, a dozen of days ago he made a comment about picking Chilwell over Shaw without question. If he added something since then Shaw is right about living rent free in Mourinho's head.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Was this in response to something Mourinho said recently? The sour old bastard
I don't remember what caused all this? Why did Mourinho not like Shaw? What was his problem with Shaw?
What's the abrasive one said this time?
I’ve heard more from Shaw than Jose tbh
It was in response to a series of quotes from Mourinho, mainly after each England match in the tournament.

Before the Scotland match:
I found a boy. I found a boy after an incredible injury that put his career at risk. A boy with some fears and scars from that awful night. Then to work with me in a club where I was trying to improve mentalities and make ambitions and responsibilities to grow up. It was not easy for him.

I push players to the limit and sometimes players aren't ready to follow me in that mentality. We had good periods, he's a player with lots of talent. I think that's one of the reasons why he's playing.
After the Scotland match:
The most important thing is the confidence of players. I don't believe at all that for example when Gareth decided to play the last game with James and Shaw. I don't believe he told them don't attack, stay on the line of the four, be cautious. I don't believe that.

To do that, you do that with other players. To do that, then you play Ben White in defence alongside the Mings and Stones as well. I think the confidence of the players (is important). James and Shaw are attacking and fast players. Normally they go forward and create. They arrive in the box and create. They didn't against Scotland. They stayed very, very quiet. They didn't make mistakes. But offensively they were poor.
After the Czech Republic match:
The negative thing I would say is once more they were very poor on attacking corners. The service was dramatically bad. They have so many good players to attack corners. The crosses are not passing the first man. Luke Shaw, in my opinion, very good tonight but very poor on the corner. Phillips, the same. England has great power at this level and going to knockouts, one corner can decide a game.
The Shaw comment about the focus on his set piece deliveries is based on Mourinho's most recent quote about Shaw's bad set piece deliveries.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It was in response to a series of quotes from Mourinho, mainly after each England match in the tournament.

The Shaw comment about the focus on his set piece deliveries is based on Mourinho's most recent quote about Shaw's bad set piece deliveries.
Tbh those quotes aren’t all that bad. Still, screw Mourinho. :lol:

Zoo

I don't remember what caused all this? Why did Mourinho not like Shaw? What was his problem with Shaw?
According to the Guardian the suspicion is that it all began when Shaw turned down Mourinho in 2014 whilst he was Chelsea manager, and that’s never been forgotten.

Flexdegea

The only trophies Shaw has won in his career were under Jose so he should at least be grateful for that. He speaks as though Jose was only bad for his career but in fact, if he looks inside his trophy cabinet, he can thank Jose for those, not Ole.

I read the exact same comment on twitter.......you must be a bot.

Near sure he won FA cup with van gaal

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
According to the Guardian the suspicion is that it all began when Shaw turned down Mourinho in 2014 whilst he was Chelsea manager, and that’s never been forgotten.
Ah I think I remember that. Shaw broke through at Southampton and there was a lot of interest in him.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Tbh those quotes aren’t all that bad. Still, screw Mourinho. :lol:
Yeah, those quotes aren't particularly abrasive, but I can see why Shaw would respond the way he did when asked about them. I don't think he's really spoken about his relationship with Mourinho to this length until now. Previously, he talked about having a mixed relationship, but this is the first time that he's really opened up about Mourinho.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Thats not that bad though? The first comment is backhanded compliment to them both and the rest is just bog standard punditry… bit melodramatic of Shaw to reply at such length mid tournament but I’m sure he probably feels singled out at this stage. He’s brushing it off. We should all move on!

hobbers

If those are supposed to be the quotes Shaw is responding to it's more like Mourinho is living in his head than the other way around, just looking at it objectively.

Not like Mourinho was singling him out at all.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Well in Luke. Jose is senile.

Rolaholic

About time another player hit back regarding United living rent free in that dinosaurs head :lol:

Atta boy Luke!

Andrew7582

I read the exact same comment on twitter.......you must be a bot.

Near sure he won FA cup with van gaal
I am not on twitter at all so I have nothing to do with whatever you read on twitter. He didn't win the FA Cup, he didn't make a single appearance in that run. His only trophies in his whole career are the ones that he won under Jose like I said, he should be a lot more grateful for that than what he is because without Jose his medal cabinet would be entirely empty.

GledTheRed

If those are supposed to be the quotes Shaw is responding to it's more like Mourinho is living in his head than the other way around, just looking at it objectively.

He's always having a pop at Shaw, he was saying his corners were poor the other day.

He's probably gutted Shaw has turned out so good and made him look a whopper.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Fair comments relative to the past, but Mourinho's latest comments were as a pundit. It's his literal job to share his opinion, think Shaw is being a bit touchy here.

That being said, all deserved after the shite he probably put up with before.

CM

Fair comments relative to the past, but Mourinho's latest comments were as a pundit. It's his literal job to share his opinion, think Shaw is being a bit touchy here.

Shaw is likely hearing most of this second hand off the journalists, although Mourinho did say he wouldn't think twice about picking Chilwell over Shaw. There's definitely still something nagging at him there.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout

The thing is, when you keep your feelings bottled up for so long, you're bound to explode at some point. Luke Shaw did here albeit diplomatically.

If we look strictly at his response in relation to Mourinho's comments as a pundit, sure, they are an overreaction. However, when we extend it to cover Shaw's time under Mourinho, I can understand his reaction. Not everyone is able to bottle up their emotions forever.

RedDevil@84

"Speaking in his role as a radio pundit, Mourinho was left unimpressed by Shaw’s set-piece delivery in Tuesday’s 1-0 win over the Czech Republic – a result which saw England top Group D.

Mourinho labelled the service “very poor” and “dramatically bad”, but Shaw did not agree and was left questioning why he is still being targeted by his former boss."

This is what Shaw was responding to.
Is that all? Seems like an over-reaction from Shaw, if this was the only thing Jose said. It is not like Jose told that Shaw is a useless feck who hasn't learnt anything in past 5 years.
Jose seems to have said, it was a poor performance from Shaw on that day.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The thing is, when you keep your feelings bottled up for so long, you're bound to explode at some point. Luke Shaw did here albeit diplomatically.

If we look strictly at his response in relation to Mourinho's comments as a pundit, sure, they are an overreaction. However, when we extend it to cover Shaw's time under Mourinho, I can understand his reaction. Not everyone is able to bottle up their emotions forever.
Yeah, true. Probably just the first opportunity to cover off a shit period of time he never really got to openly talk about.

hobbers

He's always having a pop at Shaw, he was saying his corners were poor the other day.

He's probably gutted Shaw has turned out so good and made him look a whopper.
But they were poor. And a pundit would be expect to say as much.

Nick7

It very clearly isn’t just about the recent things Jose has said, but everything Jose has said and done in public and in private since he took over at United. Shaw was asked about it in an interview and answered. I can’t believe that has to be explained to some people.