g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Luke Shaw responds to Jose Mourinho

Flytan

Think MOurinho needs to let it go and he's clearly on the wrong side of all of this because Shaw has become a good player and hard worker. I will say that Shaw wasn't always that way. Even when LVG was manager Shaw was overweight and there were tons of rumors about influences in his life not helping his career. That being said it's clear how to get the best out of Shaw and it certainly wasn't to alienate and berate him, Shaw has just matured as well.

Knightmare7

Also worth pointing out that Luke Shaw has one winners medal in his cabinet and no prizes for guessing who his manager was for it..

So gloating about outlasting Mourinho at United is a bit of an odd line of attack. Something a smarter person wouldn't say until they'd actually achieved something more.
Wrong on so many levels. Shaw became a great player in spite of Mourinho, not because of him. Shaw would throw that medal away in a second if it meant he could keep playing at his current level year after year. Quit being a Mourinho mouthpiece

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
It’s just plain weird his obsession with Shaw. Player of the season for us last year. Mouirnho needs to concentrate now on why his shit on a stick football doesn’t even work anymore.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
How he managed Shaw shows what a terrible manager Mourinho is. Shame he ever came to the club and I'm very glad we showed him the door.

Eternitiy

I don't like Jose at all and was delighted he was sacked but that is not a ridiculous comment at all
How is it not ridiculous?

Shaw was in the team of the season and his metrics were off the charts. Truly elite in every aspect of play.

Chilwell is a good player, but to say he should start ahead of Shaw with no hesitation is a preposterous statement born of bitterness and resentment.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
The only trophies Shaw has won in his career were under Jose so he should at least be grateful for that. He speaks as though Jose was only bad for his career but in fact, if he looks inside his trophy cabinet, he can thank Jose for those, not Ole.
So, should we ignore that damage he did to Shaw for a handful of trophies?

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
If those are supposed to be the quotes Shaw is responding to it's more like Mourinho is living in his head than the other way around, just looking at it objectively.

Not like Mourinho was singling him out at all.
Mourinho has been singling him out for a while. Keep up

tjb

No surprise, some still idolize him.

The **** of Mourinho does live on.
More than that, there are some of our fans that just simply hate our players and will go the direction of opposition fans or critics when given the chance. Take a look at the Bruno thread.

Btw, Mourinho also seems to have a thing against Bruno. He practically blamed him for all of Portugal's failures in this tournament, it might be a United thing for him.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Some of you feckers would defend a abuser, just because he happened to buy a cone of icecream to his victim once.

MUFC OK

Shaw is at the top his game professionally, Jose hasn’t been for 6 years.

hobbers

Wrong on so many levels. Shaw became a great player in spite of Mourinho, not because of him. Shaw would throw that medal away in a second if it meant he could keep playing at his current level year after year. Quit being a Mourinho mouthpiece
No it was correct on every level.

Come on, grow up. What I've said isn't any reflection on Mourinho. I just think Shaw should be focusing on his football in a major tournament instead of making himself look affected and mentally weak by going on extended rants all because Mourinho criticised his set pieces in his role as a pundit.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Ya’ll still wonder why Ronaldo ended up at Juventus even though he was offered to United under moureen…

feck me, the damage that cnut caused to our club is unfathomable. He is a literally parasite and there’s no masking it anymore and pretending like it’s the wrong phrase or inappropriate.

I would love for more players to come out about him and drive him out of the game for good.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
More than that, there are some of our fans that just simply hate our players and will go the direction of opposition fans or critics when given the chance. Take a look at the Bruno thread.

Btw, Mourinho also seems to have a thing against Bruno. He practically blamed him for all of Portugal's failures in this tournament, it might be a United thing for him.
Ole has made him look like a mug. It’s not surprising with a group of players he couldn’t manage.

lsd

The Oracle
How is it not ridiculous?

Shaw was in the team of the season and his metrics were off the charts. Truly elite in every aspect of play.

Chilwell is a good player, but to say he should start ahead of Shaw with no hesitation is a preposterous statement born of bitterness and resentment.

Yet Chilwell had more goals and assists in less games and won the Champions league and is arguably better defensively

There is little to choose between them and to pick Chilwell over Shaw is a fair comment

Knightmare7

No it was correct on every level.

Come on, grow up. What I've said isn't any reflection on Mourinho. I just think Shaw should be focusing on his football in a major tournament instead of making himself look affected and mentally weak by going on extended rants all because Mourinho criticised his set pieces in his role as a pundit.
He’s not mentally weak for answering a question posed to him about Jose, who can’t keep Shaw’s name out of his mouth. You have no idea what it’s like to be a player and it’s laughable that you think a guy can spend 2 minutes in an interview and that makes him look mentally weak. Jose goes out of his way to backhand shaw every chance he gets. Shaw says nothing for years. He replies one time and suddenly he looks mentally weak?

I’m not the starting left back for Manchester United nor do I get paid 6 figures weekly to do so, so you’ll have to excuse me for not saying he looks ‘mentally weak.’ Maybe you have better qualifications to judge than any of us less enlightened folk

hobbers

He’s not mentally weak for answering a question posed to him about Jose, who can’t keep Shaw’s name out of his mouth. You have no idea what it’s like to be a player and it’s laughable that you think a guy can spend 2 minutes in an interview and that makes him look mentally weak. Jose goes out of his way to backhand shaw every chance he gets. Shaw says nothing for years. He replies one time and suddenly he looks mentally weak?

I’m not the starting left back for Manchester United nor do I get paid 6 figures weekly to do so, so you’ll have to excuse me for not saying he looks ‘mentally weak.’ Maybe you have better qualifications to judge than any of us less enlightened folk
The way he answered the question does make him look weak though, especially going to such detail while in the middle of an international tournament. If I was in Shaw's position and someone asked me to respond to Mourinho's criticisms of me over the group stage games - "I'm living rent free in his head" is plenty. Or, better still, no comment and save my response to his barbs for when I'm holding a winners medal from the Euros.

And I certainly wouldn't be bragging about outlasting him at United until I'd actually won something at United without him.

wise_old_man

Unsurprising. He still has an odd **** following on here to this day.
The old days of Martial FC vs Mourinho **** represents the Jose era clearly. We did have trophies here and there, but we were divided massively as a fanbase.

Champagne Football

Jose not being able to see Shaw's true potential, is yet another stick to beat Jose with when assessing the level of laughing stock he has become as a manager.

Jose realizes this. The history books will not be kind to Jose over his inability to spot potential in struggling young footballers.

So to try and save face - Jose, childish as ever, is obsessed with trying to find weaknesses in Shaw's game as if to say - 'He's good but I was right all along because he's shit at doing (insert whatever imaginary random weakness springs to mind)

CanadianUtd

Supports
Vancouver, Boston
Great on Luke for just openly addressing this.

There’s absolutely 0 chance José looks good out of this and there’s really no rebuttal. Can’t say much when a flaw of yours is pointed out. Maybe this humbles José....naw, who are we kidding? It’s Mourinho after all. He’ll double down by saying something but it’ll just prove Shaw right even more :lol:

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I was expecting more tbh. Something along the lines of "Come ere ye bastard. Stop talking shite and duel me 1v1. Or do I have to fly to Italy to deliver a knuckle sandwich you shit coat?"

Red_toad

Both need to drop it. Shaw just needs to say he's in the past, I care not what he says or thinks.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
How he managed Shaw shows what a terrible manager Mourinho is. Shame he ever came to the club and I'm very glad we showed him the door.
Not only a terrible manager, also a terrible person. Remember that chelsea physio fiasco? its like the man became a moron overnight.

AR87

The way he answered the question does make him look weak though, especially going to such detail while in the middle of an international tournament. If I was in Shaw's position and someone asked me to respond to Mourinho's criticisms of me over the group stage games - "I'm living rent free in his head" is plenty. Or, better still, no comment and save my response to his barbs for when I'm holding a winners medal from the Euros.

And I certainly wouldn't be bragging about outlasting him at United until I'd actually won something at United without him.
I'm truly happy you'll never be in Shaw's position

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Also worth pointing out that Luke Shaw has one winners medal in his cabinet and no prizes for guessing who his manager was for it..

So gloating about outlasting Mourinho at United is a bit of an odd line of attack. Something a smarter person wouldn't say until they'd actually achieved something more.
Luke Shaw can retire today without winning a single trophy, he still has every right to say what he said. There is no rule that only winners should talk or give it back. He did interview and he was asked about it. Jose has been a cnut for 7 years now when it comes to Shaw, starting from moaning about how much Shaw is paid when he rejected Chelsea.

More players should do that. Just because he is a "pundit" doesn't mean he can say whatever he can and players should just let it go.

It was you who said "so many tweets" isn't it. Well it's not his twitter account and if you watch video it won't be more than 30 seconds on Jose. That's how twitter works. Interviews are broken down to many tweets.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Mourinho's comments aren't that bad on face value but for Shaw they are in the context of being treated like absolute shit so I agree with the sentiment of "feck Mourinho"

Norris

Well done Luke! He's been quiet about it publicly for so long, that's maturity too (Unlike Jose who for some reason doesn't hesitate to single him out).
I am pretty Luke won't bother with Jose any longer. So anything Jose chooses to say now on will just keep denting his already diminishing legacy.

Last edited:

roonster09

Scout
Mourinho's comments aren't that bad on face value but for Shaw they are in the context of being treated like absolute shit so I agree with the sentiment of "feck Mourinho"
I think it's the accumulation of shit things he said even after he left. IIRC he also said Maguire has hard job as he should cover Shaw or He plays next to Shaw, something like that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think it's the accumulation of shit things he said even after he left. IIRC he also said Maguire has hard job as he should cover Shaw or He plays next to Shaw, something like that.
He's a bitter man. As good as it must have been working under him at his best, for some of our players, it would have been hellish having to deal with a past it Mourinho.

Varun

Staff
Luke Shaw can retire today without winning a single trophy, he still has every right to say what he said. There is no rule that only winners should talk or give it back. He did interview and he was asked about it. Jose has been a cnut for 7 years now when it comes to Shaw, starting from moaning about how much Shaw is paid when he rejected Chelsea.

More players should do that. Just because he is a "pundit" doesn't mean he can say whatever he can and players should just let it go.

It was you who said "so many tweets" isn't it. Well it's not his twitter account and if you watch video it won't be more than 30 seconds on Jose. That's how twitter works. Interviews are broken down to many tweets.
Needs to win a medal before he can call a cnut a cnut is amazing logic :lol:

You can trust the armchair caftard to preach mental strength to an international footballer, especially one who recovered from a leg break and dealt with a toxic cnut of a manager to become one of the best in his position.

Varun

Staff

Let's be honest though, you have no fecking clue and it's downright bizarre for you to be preaching mental strength to an international footballer especially one who's recovered from a snapped leg to being one of the best at what he does. No one gives a shit about what you'd do unless you have creds you've hidden from the caf and if you had an iota of self awareness, you wouldn't be making the post.

roonster09

Scout
Needs to win a medal before he can call a cnut a cnut is amazing logic :lol:

You can trust the armchair caftard to preach mental strength to an international footballer, especially one who recovered from a leg break and dealt with a toxic cnut of a manager to become one of the best in his position.
Exactly. Not sure how anyone can point finger at Shaw's mental strength or mentality. Recovered from leg break, Jose humiliated him for 3 years still he bounced back and he is the best LB in the league now.

But yeah, talking about the toxic cnut who is having a go at you for 7 years means he is weak mentally. Also it's hilarious people somehow think what's the right time to say these things. If you watch video it would be casual interview with not more than 30 seconds on this issue but some act as if whole England camp is disturbed by this.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

You’ve got a big fat zero winners medals so who gave you the permission to have an opinion on Luke Shaw?

STYLOISRED

I am not on twitter at all so I have nothing to do with whatever you read on twitter. He didn't win the FA Cup, he didn't make a single appearance in that run. His only trophies in his whole career are the ones that he won under Jose like I said, he should be a lot more grateful for that than what he is because without Jose his medal cabinet would be entirely empty.
Yes. One Europa League win and one community shield win and playing in midtable club vs no trophies (yet) and playing at near your best for man utd. I know which i would gladly choose.

gica_7

Luke Shaw deserves immense credit for being where he is today after everything that happened to him since that injury.

Jose had a bitter ending with every club he left except Inter but it seems he has harder time to swallow everything regarding United. I loved Luke's response. I think it is measured and puts him in his place. If you do not hit back at bullies like Jose, they will come back again and again.

STYLOISRED

Exactly my opinion. I honestly didn't believe Shaw even responded to such comments. They are literally nothing, just normal punditry stuff. Mourinho's comments on Bruno about Portugal not playing with 11 men was even 10 times harsher and Bruno just didn't respond. Shaw made a meal out of it to be totally honest.
There is a difference. With Bruno it was a one-off remark. But can anybody please show me a positive quote Jose has said about Shaw? Just one.
He sai he would start Chillwell over sure in the euros. There is no logical reason why but he would.

STYLOISRED

Yes i remember that too. It was in the beginning of the 2019/2020 season where he said Maguire would discover how difficult covering for Shaw was going to be.