Luke Shaw responds to Jose Mourinho

Aretak

It's amazing that so many people used to defend Mourinho. He's human garbage and has proven it everywhere he's been. Probably a nice power trip for him bullying a kid.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
That outlasting Mourinho at the club quote is fecking brilliant. Luke Shaw nearly had his leg amputated FFS, he went through a lot and when he finally returns to football he has to put up with a manager that was trying to destroy his United career. Good on him for speaking out.

RUCK4444

Go on Luke! Put him in his place without going overboard there.

He absolutely proved Mourinho to be the dinosaur he is by proving himself on the pitch. He's been one of the elite LB's in Europe the past season.

Mourinho was nothing short of embarrassing with the way he handled Shaw, the whole touchline nonsense saying 'Luke was using my brain and his body on the pitch' bullsh*t.
That was absolute embarrassing cringe of the highest calibre, as bad as anything we've seen from a manager in recent memory imo.

Also seems that other players and perhaps staff were backing Luke during this period of what boils down to bullying nonsense from Mourinho. Basically nobody at the club was buying the tripe Jose was selling, good to hear, I hope that helped expedite his miserable face out the door.

Paul_Scholes18

Mourinho falls out with so many people. He is a good manager, but awful at getting along with people. I think back in the days players used to like him though, but he has changed.
When he is under pressure or not happy he reacts by fighting and attacking others.

I think Mourinho just loves conflict in general and has to have someone to fight with. The best thing is to ignore him and let him fight with his own team instead and then get fired when they revolt.

GledTheRed

Go on Luke! Put him in his place without going overboard there.

He absolutely proved Mourinho to be the dinosaur he is by proving himself on the pitch. He's been one of the elite LB's in Europe the past season.

Mourinho was nothing short of embarrassing with the way he handled Shaw, the whole touchline nonsense saying 'Luke was using my brain and his body on the pitch' bullsh*t.
That was absolute embarrassing cringe of the highest calibre, as bad as anything we've seen from a manager in recent memory imo.

Also seems that other players and perhaps staff were backing Luke during this period of what boils down to bullying nonsense from Mourinho. Basically nobody at the club was buying the tripe Jose was selling, good to hear, I hope that helped expedite his miserable face out the door.
Terrible what he did, should have been sacked for that nonsense as it was clear bullying.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Reading this thread and the Caf in general Jose still has some support left in our fanbase.

How any United fan can still have any sympathy left for the Past it and Toxic one I will never understand.

Flexdegea

I am not on twitter at all so I have nothing to do with whatever you read on twitter. He didn't win the FA Cup, he didn't make a single appearance in that run. His only trophies in his whole career are the ones that he won under Jose like I said, he should be a lot more grateful for that than what he is because without Jose his medal cabinet would be entirely empty.

Grateful for Jose, for what exactly, he's in the form of his life.

All hail Jose.

He was barely involved in then trophy wins either.......but he should be immensely grateful for them medals he got. I'm sure he retire happy with them all thanks to Jose

snk123

I agree with Shaw but he’s so off with his timing.

Atleast wait for Mourinho to say something more - those quotes are nothing.

Also why say this mid tournament

FizzyWomack

Great to see Luke standing up to Jose. Actions speak louder than words, just look at the player he’s becoming. Mourinho is becoming a sad little man.

lsd

The Oracle
I agree with Shaw but he’s so off with his timing.

Atleast wait for Mourinho to say something more - those quotes are nothing.

Also why say this mid tournament

Yeah its a strange one Jose didn't say anything out of line during this tournament as Shaw has been poor and it is Jose's job as a pundit to comment on these games.

We don't know exactly what went on during their time at United though it looked bad from what we did see and i guess that has carried over in how Shaw is taking anything Jose has to say now.

Will Pogba come out next about how Souness talks about him? Or about Jose as he may have gotten it worse than Shaw from him ?

Oranges038

Timing is all wrong.

I know he's just answering a question. But he shouldn't be saying this shit now, he should at least leave off until he's retired and keep some stories for his book. I doubt he'll have anything much more interesting to put in it.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
If those are supposed to be the quotes Shaw is responding to it's more like Mourinho is living in his head than the other way around, just looking at it objectively.

Not like Mourinho was singling him out at all.
He was obviously asked to talk about Joses comments ffs.

Jose is a toxic team wrecking cnut he can feck off!!

Idxomer

Bobby Charlton was right, shame on Woodward for not listening to him.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
The only trophies Shaw has won in his career were under Jose so he should at least be grateful for that. He speaks as though Jose was only bad for his career but in fact, if he looks inside his trophy cabinet, he can thank Jose for those, not Ole.
????

What’s ole got to do with this?

Give it a rest

hobbers

He was obviously asked to talk about Joses comments ffs.

Jose is a toxic team wrecking cnut he can feck off!!
Yeah but 10 full tweet's worth of comments, largely all saying the same thing with different words. Regardless of how the question was posed to Shaw or the format of the interview, it hardly comes across as him taking the high ground while living in Jose's head. Quite the reverse.

Cloud7

Mourinho falls out with so many people. He is a good manager, but awful at getting along with people. I think back in the days players used to like him though, but he has changed.
When he is under pressure or not happy he reacts by fighting and attacking others.

I think Mourinho just loves conflict in general and has to have someone to fight with. The best thing is to ignore him and let him fight with his own team instead and then get fired when they revolt.
He’s not even a good manager anymore. His performances at the clubs he’s at has gradually gotten worse and worse. He’s going to fail at Roma as well and then end up at a smaller club.

There is nothing Jose brings to managing a club that many other managers can’t at this point, besides conflict.

Eternitiy

Yeah its a strange one Jose didn't say anything out of line during this tournament as Shaw has been poor and it is Jose's job as a pundit to comment on these games.

We don't know exactly what went on during their time at United though it looked bad from what we did see and i guess that has carried over in how Shaw is taking anything Jose has to say now.

Will Pogba come out next about how Souness talks about him? Or about Jose as he may have gotten it worse than Shaw from him ?
Mourinho said that he'll select Chilwell as England's starting left-back with 'no hesitation'.

A truly ridiculous comment after the season Shaw has had.

Ace of Spades

Jose is a washed up old cnut, so no surprise. Also, singling out Shaw when all England players have been abysmal under Southgate does seem petty and pathetic.

Withnail

I found the comment when Shaw was MOTM and Mourinho said he was using his brain one of the most outrageous things a manager could say publicly tbh…Christ knows the shit he said behind the scenes.
It really was unbelievable.

Sounds like he was almost being bullied by him.
He 100% was bullying him but Mourinho's known for that. It's part of his management style.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Yeah but 10 full tweet's worth of comments, largely all saying the same thing with different words. Regardless of how the question was posed to Shaw or the format of the interview, it hardly comes across as him taking the high ground while living in Jose's head. Quite the reverse.
If they keep asking him about it of course he may elaborate. He wasnt sitting there waffling to himself was he? Wise up lad! Also feck Jose he deserves it!

krentz

Jose is a bitter old fool hed come back with more pathetic remarks after this, Shaw better stop responding him.

Cantonagotmehere

They aren't his tweets.....

If Jose is in his head, stay there. He's doing great.

lsd

The Oracle
Mourinho said that he'll select Chilwell as England's starting left-back with 'no hesitation'.

A truly ridiculous comment after the season Shaw has had.

I don't like Jose at all and was delighted he was sacked but that is not a ridiculous comment at all

Linkage

Always had this feeling that Mourinho took Shaws decision to shunt him while he was at Chelsea and instead join us very personally. Hurt his ego big time.

He's been speaking crap about Shaw ever since. If I remember correctly he had made some comments about the transfer fee as well at the time.

Good on Shaw to prove him wrong and finally speak up against him. Loved the line where he says he's outlasted Mourinho. :devil:

ti vu

"Speaking in his role as a radio pundit, Mourinho was left unimpressed by Shaw’s set-piece delivery in Tuesday’s 1-0 win over the Czech Republic – a result which saw England top Group D.

Mourinho labelled the service “very poor” and “dramatically bad”, but Shaw did not agree and was left questioning why he is still being targeted by his former boss."

This is what Shaw was responding to.
If this is what Shaw is firing back at, then it's kinda overreacting from Shaw. Mourinho is doing punditry so he just gives his opinion. It's nothing as targeted that worth this you and me rant.

el3mel

If this is what Shaw is firing back at, then it's kinda overreacting from Shaw. Mourinho is doing punditry so he just gives his opinion. It's nothing as targeted that worth this you and me rant.
Exactly my opinion. I honestly didn't believe Shaw even responded to such comments. They are literally nothing, just normal punditry stuff. Mourinho's comments on Bruno about Portugal not playing with 11 men was even 10 times harsher and Bruno just didn't respond. Shaw made a meal out of it to be totally honest.

hobbers

Also worth pointing out that Luke Shaw has one winners medal in his cabinet and no prizes for guessing who his manager was for it..

So gloating about outlasting Mourinho at United is a bit of an odd line of attack. Something a smarter person wouldn't say until they'd actually achieved something more.

Eddy_JukeZ

Imagine what it was like for him to deal with stuff like this on a daily basis.

What a clown. Still can't believe he said that.

I don't know how he even has a cult-like following.

We should have fired him ASAP after his presser following the Sevilla defeat. The most narcissistic presser by a manager ever.

Knightmare7

The only trophies Shaw has won in his career were under Jose so he should at least be grateful for that. He speaks as though Jose was only bad for his career but in fact, if he looks inside his trophy cabinet, he can thank Jose for those, not Ole.
Disaster-class reply. Is this Jose’s burner trying to justify one of the most embarrassing managerial moves in team history?

MUFC OK

Mourinho has totally lost it now. Great manger in his day but he’s had several shockers and is too stuck in his ways to re-evaluate a situation, glad he’s gone.