Luke Shaw | Road to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I shouldn't be this negative, but Valencia and Smith were never the same after those injuries.

It could have a massive impact on his career. His ceiling is so high as well. :(

Jagga7

So so so sad. I just hope he has a clean recovery and doesn't affect his career in anyway.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Absolute clean break. There's an image of it on Twitter which you can see if you try.

I don't advise it though, genuinely feel like throwing up seeing it.
Just because it is an open fracture doesn't mean it's a clean break. But this is a disaster.

stu_1992

Feck sake. Just reading updates in work. Doesn't sound good at all, based off reactions in here. One of our best players this season and probably our most promising player overall. Best of luck to him. Ruined my enthusiasm for the game.

Grib

Its def broke, did that boy even go over to offer an apology?

Rockets Redglare

Absolute clean break. There's an image of it on Twitter which you can see if you try.

I don't advise it though, genuinely feel like throwing up seeing it.
You could see the way it wobbled all over the place before he hit the floor it was broken. I'm absolutely gutted, I feel sick.

Santos J

Horrible stuff, really gutted for him. Could mean no Euro 2016 for him either.

buckooo1978

I shouldn't be this negative, but Valencia and Smith were never the same after those injuries.

It could have a massive impact on his career. His ceiling is so high as well. :(
Henrik Larsson came back better....

lets be positive

crossy1686

career ending
Lets just hope he's got the mental strength to get back to what he was. fecking gutted about this, more so than I have been about anything for a long time.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Thats a complete fracture and the season end for Shaw.

Damn, that looked horrible.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Best we can hope for here is a clean leg break. Hopefully it hasn't hit any joints.

Gutted for the lad, was looking the part this season. And helping Memphis and Martial settle in. Devastating.

Man-United

I lost totalt interest in our game now tonight, not in mood for football this time..

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Completely ruined my night that. On the verge of becoming one of the best in his position and bang. Hope its nothing overly serious.

Siorac

It was a great run. Players shouldn't have to change the way they play because of shithouse cnuts who launch themselves into standing legs.

Feck me I'm distraught. Poor kid.
Yeah, you're right, of course. I'm just desperately sad now. Find it hard to care about the game which is stupid of course as injuries happen but it's so heartbreaking as he finally found form.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
If anything it would be the other way around surely? It was a clean break with the bone protruding, which although looking bad, is surely better than a bone shatter?
From memory with similar injuries in other sports this type of stuff is super hard to recover from, there's mental scars and loads of other associated injuries that feed into the recovery. Absolutely gutted for Shaw.

Jacob

I don't see him coming back from that.
Well that's a bit over the top. Valencia got back even stronger. I am sure Shaw will do the same.

My only concern is that he tends to break easily, so it seems like injuries will be around him constantly.

dsch

It's awful. Two-footed, flying in with studs up at full speed. Really really awful.

No.8

Just wound it back a few times, looks terrible after you realise what's actually happened. the challenge itself doesn't look too malicious but it clearly has snapped. Shocking!

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Almost womited, This is bad bad for his career, hope he can come back. I fear for his career.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Can't even concentrate on the game now, would rather lose and know he's going to be fine in 6 months. Devastating :(.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Search for Kevin Ware's injury, it looks similar and Ware managed to bounce back. Luke will bounce back too!

OneUnited24

I dont know the guy but i'm honestly gutted for him. Our best player shows so much ability and potential and this happens. I pray he comes back from this but its a bad one :(

I honestly couldnt care less about the result tonight

buckooo1978

saw a pic online - terrible fracture.....he's out for the season

he's young enough to come back

Get well soon Luke

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
If anything it would be the other way around surely? It was a clean break with the bone protruding, which although looking bad, is surely better than a bone shatter?
Modern medical science is AMAZING nowadays, especially things like bone reconstruction.

They can get exact replica 3D scans and use computer software to completely rebuild shattered bones.

Im not sure about professional sport, but I have friends who played amateur sport to the same level as before after such surgery.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I'm not watching your game (thought Cty v Juve would be more interesting) but this is awful news. As an England fan it was really great to see him playing well.

He's still a baby though, plenty of time to recover and get back to 100%.

Mainoldo

We have the best facilities here. He will be back stronger. Let's hope we look after him mentally.

Status
Not open for further replies.