Luke Shaw | Road to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
This has totally killed my interest in the match. The implications going by this thread are drastic and possibly irreversible.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I shouldn't be this negative, but Valencia and Smith were never the same after those injuries.

It could have a massive impact on his career. His ceiling is so high as well. :(
Valencia was voted double player of the year the season he came back from his break.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Not this season but he'll be back.

Thankfully (wrong word but you know what I mean) it's higher up than I first thought, I though it was his ankle at first.
Yeah, shin fracture...

dsch

Just got in and my recording failed so can't catch up, what injury/how did it happen? :(
Shaw runs through on goal, Moreno comes flying in from the right and takes out his standing right leg.

TheLoveless

Absolute clean break. There's an image of it on Twitter which you can see if you try.

I don't advise it though, genuinely feel like throwing up seeing it.
At least that means the knee should be ok? At least something for the poor boy :(

Traub

Poor lad. I just hope he comes back well. He is still young so a season out now isn't as disastrous as for an older player.

And mourinho wonders why a young player signs a big contract. I really hope this isn't career ending.

NinjaFletch

It's awful. Two-footed, flying in with studs up at full speed. Really really awful.
Its one of the worst tackles you're likely to see on the pitch, its horrific.

Seems petty in light of the seriousness of it but he deserves a hefty retrospective ban.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
This has totally killed my interest in the match. The implications going by this thread are drastic and possibly irreversible.
Yup. I didn't think anything could ruin our return to the CL, but I really don't care now.

LS17

Gutted for him. Been amazing this year, deserved a goal for that run not that. Praying he recovers well.

Baxter

Gutted. Hopefully not a messy break. He'll be such a miss.

Grib

He looked gutted himself to be fair. Had tears in his eyes and kept looking over.
Fair enough, I guess/think

Best we can hope for here is a clean leg break. Hopefully it hasn't hit any joints.

Gutted for the lad, was looking the part this season. And helping Memphis and Martial settle in. Devastating.
Someone sent me a still, looks right in the middle, so I guess thats something in a fecked up way?

OneUnited24

Does anyone blame the ref for the injury? Or is it just me?

He was letting things go left right and centre in the opening 15 minutes without talking to any of the players to calm down. Then that prick decides to jump in like that. feck sake

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Not this season but he'll be back.

Thankfully (wrong word but you know what I mean) it's higher up than I first thought, I though it was his ankle at first.
Why would ankle be worse? Genuine question, I know nothing about this sort of thing.

MZX7

@Vato @Varun @moses @Hectic @Solius
Definitely out for 7-8 months. Looked like a proper fracture

Jerch

It is so sad i want to pray for him for a speedy recovery. He had first season here full of injuries and did everything he could to get himself in top form for the start of the season and after playing like a boss now this. It is really sad that this happens to a young guy like him.

hobbers

In terms of leg breaks it is in the "best" possible spot, but still...

Such a blow. That'll be 6 months at least plus another one or two for fitness.

Spoony

The People's President
Don't think many are watching the game. This is more gutting than any loss I've endured as a fan.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Anyway I'm hoping the outcome is a lot more positive than everything written here.

slyadams

I can't actually remember feeling more devastated about a player's injury. This lad had absolutely everything to be the best LB in the world, has had injury set backs and then this season was showing what an absolute beast he is. And now this.

Hopefully the huge fan support he's going to get will help him through this and he can come back.

diarm

Mentioned this in the match thread but one of the worst "tackles" I ever remember seeing was on Denis Irwin away to PSV. Crazy that it's our left back again in the same stadium. Absolutely gutted for Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.