Luke Shaw | Road to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

No.8

Should be red for a reckless tackle.
Actually I take back what I said earlier, had to watch it a couple of times at normal speed and it's a brutal tackle. Yes he (Moreno) connected with the ball but there looks like real intent to not just win the ball in the tackle!

Traub

I think the saddest thing about this is his age. But we should look at that as a positive IMO. He is young and will hopefully recover a lot quicker than older players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Couldn't have happened to a player with a brighter and more certainly bright future either. He's been a beast this season.

Spoony

The People's President
If it's broken in the middle the recovery time won't be as long. So I guess all we can do is hope...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I reckon he'll be back at the end of the season as a sub but a horrible injury to suffer when he was in absolutely electric form.

FromTheBench

If there's a a minorly positive side to this then it's his right leg and the seeming break seems higher up than the ankle.

Still looking at 5/6 months.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Absolutely gutted and devastated for the young lad. Can't really enjoy the rest of the game now.

Vidicious

Flop
Completely lost interest in this game now.
Seeing a teenager with the potential to be a world beater suffer a possible career ending injury is a real sickener.

Danny Boi

In terms of leg breaks it is in the "best" possible spot, but still...

Such a blow. That'll be 6 months at least plus another one or two for fitness.
That's the one positive I'm clinging onto.Hopefully he recovers fully in time for next season.

BarstoolProphet

Poor lad.

I'll need to see the replay but the tackle was fair to me. He won the ball. It's a contact sport. Injuries happen. Didn't seem malicious.

"Won the ball". Seriously? I hate that phrase. On par with the "he was the last man" when it comes to a lack of understanding for the rules. That tackle was excessive force.

Raw

Absolutely fecking devastated. I really really hope he can recover as quickly as possible, he was supposed to be our LB for many years to come :(

Neil67

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2021/22
Feel sick was really enjoying the game, now it's just not right! Speedy recovery Luke you don't deserve an injury like that!

Red-Man-Walking

Fully Erect
Ref let the stamp on Schweinsteiger go too. This prick is trying to steal Turkish Cnutflaps' title as biggest fecking cnut to ever pull on a refereeing jersey.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Nowadays the tech is there for him to come back as good as before. Think Ramsey.

Still, it is horrific and I feel so sad and gutted for him. He was playing exceptionally and it isn't an overstatement to say that he was on his way to becoming the very best left back in the world.

slyadams

Can we just call the game a draw and all go home for a quiet weep?

montpelier

Very wild & reckless tackle isn't it? Don't suppose it's malicious as such but he takes everything out & difficult to know what the tackler thinks he is doing with his left leg.

Want to hear about 'expecting a full recovery' before anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.