Luke Shaw | Road to Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanGaalEra

God I missed this guy, just really hope and pray and he can back to his peak fitness levels and get over any psychological issues he may have.

DrunkenBeaver

Love Luke Shaw. He has everything he needs to become an absolute legend at this club. Sooner he's back - the better.

We need an rvn

Great news. How many weeks of first team training do people think he'll need before he can make an appearance? 2,3,4 weeks?
absolutely no chance. 'm thinking it's training with perhaps an u21 /reserve match in 4-6 weeks with a cameo at the end of the season. it's not just the leg, it's getting used to actually playing football again and not just riding on a bike. Then there's the aspects of going into a tackle, a dribble, a flick etc...the mental fear / second pause that could actually hurt you by not doing what you should do could hurt him again.

i'm chuffed to bits he's back but i don't want him near the 1st team (or more importantly the England squad for Euro's) this season

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Unless he's in a lot better nick than we are aware, it'd be madness to risk him this season, with 8/9 games left.

With a full 3months until next season, with a full pre season we could be certain he'd be fully fit then

pseudo_canadian

Luke :drool:

I really hope he gets back to where he was pre-injury. He has the ability to be an amazing player for us for quite some time.

Very excited to see him back.

Judas

Open to offers
Hope we don't see him this season unless it's a cameo in the last 5 minutes of our last home game. Not worth the risk and I'd be livid if it encourages Roy to take him to the Euros.

pacifictheme

Who in your opinion is? Monreal? Rose? Baines?
I would say at present they're all better. Shaw has great potential but sadly due to that psv prat we've not had a chance to really see what he can do. Fully expect big things next season though! If he can dislodge CBJ!

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Great news. How many weeks of first team training do people think he'll need before he can make an appearance? 2,3,4 weeks?
It depends on him, he has been training alone without the ball and without putting too much pressure on his leg since November, he is training with the ball alone since early February if I'm not mistaken, so he could comeback in a month or sooner.

ATXRedDevil

Zero need to rush this. Goal should be for him to have a great pre season and come back 100% for for next season. Would be nice to see a cameo at the end of the season to boost his confidence and get him the applause he deserves in front of the home fans but he shouldn't be starting again this season IMO.

ravi2

I really like Luke Shaw, once he gets back to full fitness I can see him being the best LB in the league.

I hope the medical staff takes zero chances with him. Next season is going to be a big one for MUFC.

JPRouve

Scout
Zero need to rush this. Goal should be for him to have a great pre season and come back 100% for for next season. Would be nice to see a cameo at the end of the season to boost his confidence and get him the applause he deserves in front of the home fans but he shouldn't be starting again this season IMO.
I understand the concerns but 7 months is a normal recovery, in theory we are already far from any rushing back. Fékir who did his knee 2 weeks before him is scheduled to comeback in April.

We need an rvn

I understand the concerns but 7 months is a normal recovery, in theory we are already far from any rushing back. Fékir who did his knee 2 weeks before him is scheduled to comeback in April.
No two injuries are the same though. I know what you're saying in general, a leg break in general heals quicker than knee ligaments,and less chance of future injury too. But a double leg fracture like shaw, so close to end of the season, there's no reason to get him back this season.

Not to mention the slightly higher elevate risk of muscle injury after being out for so long.

Get him back training with us. Good pre season and we'll see luke running those lines again.

JPRouve

Scout
No two injuries are the same though. I know what you're saying in general, a leg break in general heals quicker than knee ligaments,and less chance of future injury too. But a double leg fracture like shaw, so close to end of the season, there's no reason to get him back this season.

Not to mention the slightly higher elevate risk of muscle injury after being out for so long.

Get him back training with us. Good pre season and we'll see luke running those lines again.
If he is ready, he is ready. You are talking about muscle injuries but he is training since November.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Its funny how people act as if they got a clue about Shaw's physical state, if the club and professional staff think he's ready, he's ready. There's no reason to keep him away from playing time even more.
I don't particularly disagree, but I can also understand people not having all that much faith in our medical staff to be fair!

We need an rvn

Thwre
If he is ready, he is ready. You are talking about muscle injuries but he is training since November.
There's absolutely no way he's been running around on a pitch since November mate. he broke two bones in his leg in September.

Getting the screws out of your leg / massages etc to keep muscle is called rehab, not training.

Training is doing the sessions, tackling etc.

I want him back as much as everyone, just don't see the point in getting him fit for one or two matches in mid may when a proper pre season would be far better in my opinion

JPRouve

Scout
Thwre

There's absolutely no way he's been running around on a pitch since November mate. he broke two bones in his leg in September.

Getting the screws out of your leg / massages etc to keep muscle is called rehab, not training.

Training is doing the sessions, tackling etc.

I want him back as much as everyone, just don't see the point in getting him fit for one or two matches in mid may when a proper pre season would be far better in my opinion
I didn't said that he was running around since November, I said that he was training since November, he exercised on bike and in water. If he is now allowed to train with the team, it means that he has been "running around" since February training without contact, before that he most definitely worked with a physio.

Trizy

Unless he's in a lot better nick than we are aware, it'd be madness to risk him this season, with 8/9 games left.

With a full 3months until next season, with a full pre season we could be certain he'd be fully fit then
I thought the same but the way I look at it is, if he is back playing PL before the season ends it's down to a team of the best physios, doctors and sports related professionals in England who think it's not a risk for him to get involved. United have the players best interests at heart.

I really like Luke Shaw, once he gets back to full fitness I can see him still being the best LB in the league.

Fixed

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Hopefully he can prove his fitness before the end of the season so we can get a decent transfer fee for him.Joe Short, well played.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Just give him the rest of this season and the summer to train, rest and get match fit. Don't want him playing and risking anything, just want him ready to go at the start of next season.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He was nailed on to have a great season. Still my highest rated player. Such a shame. Hope he hasn't lost any of that explosive pace and power.
I don't think he's been rushed back. He's been walking unassisted since November. I am very confident our medics will know what's best for him. Playing this season, if he's ready will give him such a lift before preseason.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
He was nailed on to have a great season. Still my highest rated player. Such a shame. Hope he hasn't lost any of that explosive pace and power.
I don't think he's been rushed back. He's been walking unassisted since November. I am very confident our medics will know what's best for him. Playing this season, if he's ready will give him such a lift before preseason.
This would be tragic. He seems to have a great attitude (i.e. training during his break) so I'm not really worried about him mentally.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I would say at present they're all better. Shaw has great potential but sadly due to that psv prat we've not had a chance to really see what he can do. Fully expect big things next season though! If he can dislodge CBJ!
I saw glimpses of Shaw performing at a level none of those three have thus far (well, to be fair, Baines used to be very, very good). But Shaw has the sort of potential Ashley Cole had. He can be one of the top three (if not the best) left back in the world.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just hope he returns as the same player physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.