Television Luther

Abbsta

Ruth is a babe. I actually bumped into her in the City.

I guess it's more to do with the story. Many people (guys :lol: ) want Alice back on Luther's facebook page.

Leg-End

It lacks Alice Morgan!

Any idea why she gets so little airtime? Is she doing other stuff?
She's in The Lone Ranger and just finished filming Locke with Tom Hardy, probably a schedule thing.

It's not just that shes hot, the character is interesting therefore the series is better with her. Killer plot was kinda lame first two episodes this series, Idris is carrying it a bit.

Oggmonster

Was it only me that thought the "fight" between Luther and the serial killer was ridiculous ? Why didn't Luther draw his gun ? Does he have a gun ?

Even without guns it was a ridiculous anti climax I thought, unless they're building to something next week (I thought they might try and pass it off as Luther threw him out the window but that woman was in the room.) They do seem to be setting up for Alice to come back, I'd imagine she will return to kill the guy who is trying to bring Luther down as being corrupt. It's still good to watch but it isn't nearly as good as Series 1 or 2 when you watch them back.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I can't work out whether the new love interest is supposed to be weird, dull and awkward, or whether she's just a terrible actress.

This happens quite a lot. It's usually the latter.

The black police woman's teeth are too big for her mouth, which itself is too big for her face. That's the problem.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Worse still, her character is terribly written for the 3rd series. At least last season she was interesting

Giggzinho

Punjabi dude
I can't work out whether the new love interest is supposed to be weird, dull and awkward, or whether she's just a terrible actress.

This happens quite a lot. It's usually the latter.

The black police woman's teeth are too big for her mouth, which itself is too big for her face. That's the problem.
:lol: harsh, but true!

great show, pity its so short! whats the deal with that?

Leg-End

:lol: harsh, but true!

great show, pity its so short! whats the deal with that?
BBC budget, they would rather spend it on dancing with arses than quality entertainment.

HBO should nick this, re-cast everyone except Ruth and Idris, let him use his Prometheus or The Wire accent and make it 12 episodes long.

Leg-End

American's feck up remaking comedy, they could handle this.

Name Changed

weso26
I started watching this last week after hearing so much about it. I watched series one and two in three days (I am off sick from work) and I enjoyed it but it definitely wasn't as good as it was being hyped in my opinion. It was certainly a bit far fetched at times. However, I still enjoyed it and will look forward to starting season 3.

Idris Elba carries it completely though but I think his little lap dog is good also.

Ash_G

I'm enjoying the new series so far although I think the actress who plays Erin is awful, there were a number of really good performances in the first two episodes this season, mostly the guys who plays Justin and Ken imo, but she is rubbish. Will be good to see Alice back, hopefully next episode.

Abbsta

Noooooooo but Yesssssssss

Can't believe Justin is dead. :(

She's Back for the last episode! That's not enough Alice :drool:

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Back for the last eppy, pathetic...Grrr

Testament to how few well written series there are with any longevity really. I was nostalgic for the 1st series from Luther so I watched the premier the other night and the interactions alone between Alice & Luther were a series in it of itself. Night & day compared to what followed. Shame as it's a waste of both their talents, IMHO. C'est la vie

Mockney

I thought that was quite a good episode. Though the guy wasn't remotely cornered when he shot thingymaboob, since he then immediately ran straight through the very obvious gap in the fence slightly to the right of him.

Is Luther supposed to only have one pair of clothes?

Abbsta

No!

More or less the same clothes and even that short 'whirlwind' guy commented on it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Poor Justin :(:( Then again what were they thinking of trying to catch a guy with a shotgun with nothing but their words ?
I think I'm gonna start copying the way Elba walks. Such style

Oggmonster

Poor Justin :(:( Then again what were they thinking of trying to catch a guy with a shotgun with nothing but their words ?
I think I'm gonna start copying the way Elba walks. Such style

They didn't know he had a shotgun at the time did they? I know held it up to Luther before in the episode but I thought they assumed he was just hanging that guy?

Mockney

I think they thought he definitely wouldn't shoot a cop. Justin said as much, and Luther said he was beginning to like him. They thought he was a better guy than he was, what with his ostensibly quite noble intentions.

Oggmonster

I think they thought he definitely wouldn't shoot a cop. Justin said as much, and Luther said he was beginning to like him. They thought he was a better guy than he was, what with his ostensibly quite noble intentions.

Yeah I thought that, even if he had a gun (which he did) he was portrayed as a sympathetic villain really, whether they agreed or not with what he was doing it wasn't as "pure evil" as every other villain in the show has been, even Alice is portrayed worse than him really. I'd imagine a lot of the viewers did sympathise with him until he shot Justin as it was very much one of them issues that is discussed in real life.

I reckon it was a really good episode for what it's worth, much better than the previous 2, hopefully the capture of him isn't a massive anti climax like I thought it was with the previous episode.

Mockney

Yeah I thought it was the best of this run quite easily. Though I still have no idea/don't care/can't work out the point of the bad actress/new love interest bit. Hopefully Ruth duckface kills her next week.

Oggmonster

I can see Alice being brought back to kill that guy who's trying to bring Luther down. There's 2 massive storylines to be wrapped up in the hour though and it all seems like it will be a bit rushed, I can see one of the conclusions being a bit shit considering 1 has been built up all season and the other guy just killed a main character.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Firstly, I'm actually a bit disappointed the way this series has gone compared to the first one especially.

Secondly why in the holy fecks of fecks did they bring Alice, the best female character ever in the history of Luther, back for just one bloody episode.

Thirdly,
how in the holy fecks of even greater fecks are they actually pinning the blame on Luther for this? They know that they've been chasing a man who kills with a shot gun, Ripley was just killed by a man who he was chasing with a shot gun. How can they possibly link that to Luther who I'm sure doesn't own a shotgun?

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
Series 1 had 6 episodes, Series 2 only had 4 though? And this series had 4 not 5.

Don't get your last point, no one tried blaming him did they?
I'm such a clown, I clearly remembered there being 10 episodes in total and for some strange reason mixed it up with the second series having 10 episodes. But lets just forget the second point I made, I clearly fecked that one up.

But with regards to your question, I assume you didn't see the preview for the next episode then?

Edit, I'm going to spoiler that last point, I suggest you delete my quote from your post.

Leg-End

Could have been a much more interesting season had they started with this new killer and spread it out across 4 episodes. Let's face it that bald nutcase who comes from under the bed was shit, this is much better.

Not enough Alice though.

Ash_G

Knew it was gonna happen once he chased him, with Luther properly embracing him as his friend it was just something you could see happening, though think they could maybe had similar impact if he was more seriously injured instead, basically didn't want him to die! Plus in all honesty I think it changes what could have been an interesting storyline on vigilantes, by killing a cop there's no argument really, but if he continued doing what he was doing and they explored that public reaction it could have been interesting, though I guess they still might. Think Warren Brown could be a shout as the next doctor, though maybe a little short.

Widnes

I think this is a great show and the 3rd episode was by far the best of this series so I can not wait to see the conclusion.

What really interests me though is Idris Elba saying his ultimate aim is to have this turned into a movie franchise, which is probably the only way this is going to continue as he gets more film roles. Although he does sound open to a 4th series.