Television Luther

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
The last two episodes of this series were the weakest of the entire show by a country mile. Feeling very underwhelmed and distinctly dissatisfied.

Alice is a scorcher, though. What a rear end she's got.

Widnes

I quite enjoyed the last 2 episodes, think they was better than the first 2 of this season. Which ever route they take 4th season or movie I am very much looking forward to seeing more.

TheReligion

Abusive
Disappointed really. The last episode was rushed and therefore tripped itself up in numerous places by being too far fetched and unrealistic. Guess I tend to look at these things a little harsher when judging them in real terms, however, tonight just took the piss.

Shame really.

Oggmonster

The last two episodes of this series were the weakest of the entire show by a country mile. Feeling very underwhelmed and distinctly dissatisfied.

Alice is a scorcher, though. What a rear end she's got.

I thought the last 2 episodes were much better than the first. It seems looking at the couple posts on here I'm in a minority but I thought last nights was good as well. The only problem I really had with it was the catching of the guy, to bring in Luther's girlfriend (I forgot her name) who was portrayed as dead weak all the way through only for her to be willing to and successfully push a gun out of someones hand seemed a bit ridiculous really.

The ending with Alice was a bit cliched but I quite liked it, didn't really want him to die or anything and considering it's basically been 3 series of misery for him, series 1 his wife died, series 2 he tried killing himself and series 3 Justin died it's good to see him get a good ending.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
Have a proper 4-parter instead of this double 2-parter nonsense. Let the story marinate and build up to a crescendo by episode 4. The Fall raised the bar in this sense and this season of Luther fell a bit short imo. The internal investigation was limp, too. In fact, a series with 8-12 episodes would give the writers enough scope to have a few interweaving strands going through the entire season.

Ash_G

I thought it was decent but I think it felt rushed, reckon it would easily have been done better if it had been 4 eps based on this scenario. Really could have looked in to the public reaction etc and actually done something with the sub plot of the investigation in to Luther.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I thought the last couple of eps were good. Ducklips was great in this one, and the only thing that was obviously underwhelming was underwritten love interest 101. Not sure what was so rubbish about them to some.

Art

Art the artist
I saw the first series which was pretty good and then didn't follow up. Renewed interest in this thread can only mean the newer series is good as well?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I thought this series was good. Don't think it deserves much of the criticism given here.I guess i am one of the only people who kind of liked the new love interest aswell, purely because she was the complete opposite of Alice which is probably what they were going for, and in the end she turned out to be more of the 'heroine' than Alice in a way who was just her calm and calculated self as usual.

Abbsta

I thought this series was good. Don't think it deserves much of the criticism given here.I guess i am one of the only people who kind of liked the new love interest aswell, purely because she was the complete opposite of Alice which is probably what they were going for, and in the end she turned out to be more of the 'heroine' than Alice in a way who was just her calm and calculated self as usual.
How was she more 'heroine'? Alice was prompting Luther to choose her to die no?

Oggmonster

I thought the last couple of eps were good. Ducklips was great in this one, and the only thing that was obviously underwhelming was underwritten love interest 101. Not sure what was so rubbish about them to some.

Yeah I'm a bit confused by it, Series 2 is on at the moment and it was better but the last 2 episodes were really strong I thought. It's easy to say they should of made it a 4 parter but I don't really think they could of done, I think the whole show probably only needed half an hour extra to wrap it up in a bit more detail as it did seem dead rushed by the last 15 or so minutes but then the argument could be made it was being dragged out when there was no need to, at the end of the day we all knew that the guy would be caught just did not know the fate of Luther I suppose (who he picked, he could of died himself etc.)

If it were to be 4 episodes on that 1 story I think it'd of really been dragged out, they did a good job for most of episode 3 of portraying him as a sympathetic villain, if that was to stretch to 2 to 2 and a half episodes of him being like that it'd get boring really, the show tends to be quite fast paced. Look at Series 1 and 2, the most they do is 2 parters really and even then there's a storyline in the back ground (Series 2 with the young prostitute and the punch and Judy mask guy) to keep the pace of the show.

I don't know what more it could of done really, Series 3 was good I thought, 2 was when it peaked but 3 was still very good. The only real disappointment was when he caught that guy at the end of episode 2 I really thought they'd of built on that and used it as the background story of trying to bring him down in episode 3 and 4, i.e. make out Luther threw him out the window, buti t was kind of just forgotten.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I agree it wasn't as good, and it felt a bit rushed (the whole series) but it wasn't bad, and Elba's a movie star now. Nailing him down for 4 hrs would probably take some doing these days.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Saw this was on Netflix yesterday and now I'm caught up. Alice is hot. I also really wanted Idris to have a second exact same coat on underneath when he threw it off the bridge.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
She has a duck mouth but I still would. It makes her different :drool:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He did. He just didn't kill her. Which was retarded.

Art

Art the artist
Elba's wardrobe in that show is just immense. Whats even more amazing is what's underneath!

I just said what you lot were thinking about.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Finished most recent series, went back to 1st series on Netflix, definitely feels more powerful. Hard to know is it just the excitement of seeing Alice morph into her actual self, of seeing a bit of back story. Whatever. Great stuff.

Widnes

Apparently they have a screenplay for the movie and it will be a prequel. Hope to start filming next year.

Widnes

I just hope it doesn't turn out like the BBC's attempts to sort out a Red Dwarf movie.

Brophs

The One and Only
I've just started watching this. I'm still not quite sure if it's a really good show, or just a bog standard detective show with a brilliant performance from Elba.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
I've just started watching this. I'm still not quite sure if it's a really good show, or just a bog standard detective show with a brilliant performance from Elba.
Stick with it, Brophs. There's episodes where he's not even the best character in it.

Danillaco

Just seen the fifth episode in the first season. Wow... and SIA's song remembered me from Six Feet Under, giving it even more drama. That's was immense.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I watched about 3 eps but there was nothing pulling me back in. Yes, Idris Elba was good but the premise was quite underwhelming and I just couldn't get attached to it for some reason.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Started this recently, only watched the first two episodes but thought it was very good.

Ruth Wilson, despite her strange mouth, is sex.