LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tom33

But I honestly do not understand that logic. The board do not want to sack him clearly, for a whole host of reasons reported in the papers. But how can we not act now? What is the purpose of retaining someone who clearly will not be able to turn things around? How is one game (even if we get a positive result which I highly doubt) going to make a difference? Is the Board seriously implying they will keep LVG if we win against Chelski?
My guess is that they still feel we have a better chance of getting a result on Monday with LvG in charge than with Giggs as caretaker with less than 48hrs to prepare. I don't agree with the decision, but it's not crazy logic.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
This is ridiculous he has not been sacked. Should have happened last week. Are we waiting until Spurs and co are like 10 points clear?
Exactly what I'm thinking. Let's wait until any title challenge is impossible and the top 4 is way off until we make a change. Clueless.

Castia

My guess is that they still feel we have a better chance of getting a result on Monday with LvG in charge than with Giggs as caretaker with less than 48hrs to prepare. I don't agree with the decision, but it's not crazy logic.

But if they have already made up their mind on sacking him they should do it immediately. What if we win 4-0 tomorrow do the board then turn around and say feck it let's stick with van gaal?

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
To clear this fiasco up, all Sky reported was that Ryan Giggs arrived to training, this morning... which means that in the morning, Ryan Giggs arrived to training.

C'est Moi Cantona

This is ridiculous he has not been sacked. Should have happened last week. Are we waiting until Spurs and co are like 10 points clear?
We are waiting for him to resign to save on compo, it's as clear as day.

If it ends up costing us top 4 then it'll be peanuts in comparison to what we'll lose in revenue, but of course the club knows best.

El Zoido

Could we offer LVG a director of football position and bring Jose in as manager? The club seems happy with the background work LVG has been putting in.

Sparky Rhiwabon

To clear this fiasco up, all Sky reported was that Ryan Giggs arrived to training, this morning... which means that in the morning, Ryan Giggs arrived to training.
So people are inferring that only Ryan arrived? It must be a rubbish training session with no players. Maybe Giggsy is re-enacting his FA Cup goal against Arsenal using cones.

ravi2

LVGs record with MU is worse than Moyes. LVG is ruining the club, players and fans. Cannot think of anything good from him.
I like how he added lights and real grass (Not turf) to our training ground in carrington... He did do some useful stuff.... But I reiterate.... He needs to go.

Riz

:lol:

How dare he try and save his job by beating the current PL champions! It's an absolute outrage to think he'll be smiling after a victory. Fecking gloating cnut.

On a serious note, I think he's going to resign regardless of the outcome of tomorrow's game. I think the board and the fans have seen enough. It'd be foolish to have his future hanging on one game.
His efforts to save his job since speculation began have resulted in crashing out the CL followed by back to back defeats to newly promoted teams followed by boxing day horror show at Stoke. So yes it will be an outrage if 1 win in 7 matches saves his job.

Esquire

It's not crazy but not entirely rational. LVG has clearly tried everything, including changing his routine on the players to see if he can jolt a result out of the players. That hasn't worked. Maybe going to Giggs and a complete change in tactics and atmosphere will at least get us a result against Chelski. We can afford to drop more points and this is what the board seemingly fails to see.

RonaldoVII

If the players know that another loss will finish him off then there must be a few at least who wont bother trying. Best get rid now and have Giggs in charge tomorrow and let Jose start 2016 fresh.

ravi2

If the players know that another loss will finish him off then there must be a few at least who wont bother trying. Best get rid now and have Giggs in charge tomorrow and let Jose start 2016 fresh.

There is zero logic in keeping him for the Chelsea game. What do they think will change? Are we not a results based club anymore? It is lunacy.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
What happened to the "if he loses one of Stoke or Chelsea he is gone" brief? Papers making that up to?

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
There is zero logic in keeping him for the Chelsea game. What do they think will change? Are we not a results based club anymore? It is lunacy.
The only plausible explanation is that they cannot agree on what happens when LVG is given the bullet.

TakeMeHome

TakeMeHome
I'm going tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. Its all going to kick off if we go a goal behind. If we fluke a win, he will stay :( Same with a draw I think

redindian1987

Synchronized couples' skate to Losing My Religion
The Chelsea game is tomorrow. You want the club to sack the manager a day before? Is that the best way to prepare for what could be a crucial game?

Part of me wants him to continue but I think it's gone too far now. I won't be surprised if they sack him/he resigns, don't think it will be before the Chelsea game.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Giggs is undermining LVG by turning up before Louis has left his bunker.

Riz

With the way our luck is going I can actually see us winning tomorrow which will give our board just enough reason to continue to dither.

ravi2

The Chelsea game is tomorrow. You want the club to sack the manager a day before? Is that the best way to prepare for what could be a crucial game?

Part of me wants him to continue but I think it's gone too far now. I won't be surprised if they sack him/he resigns, don't think it will be before the Chelsea game.
He should have gone after Bournemouth and to answer your question yes they should sack him a day before Chelsea because maybe that would wake the players out of this malaise that they are in.

We are losing continuously and your question really is "Is that the best way to prepare for what could be a crucial game?"

My answer is yes in this case. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting a different result.... So our board is fecking insane.

kps88

Everyone wondering why we're waiting - the timing is terrible. No new manager would want to join a day before such a big game at home with zero preparation time. I also think the club want to avoid setting a precedent of throwing it to Giggs every time they need a placeholder. Doubt Giggs would fancy taking over for just one game either with the state we're in.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Without a doubt its the best choice. We've lost 4 in a row. Our best chance of a result is getting the lift of a managerial change, because with Van Gaal, it'll most likely be a draw.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Nani Nana said:
Yes this is it Louis van Gaal is OUT....
That photo must've been taken in happier days, before stress made Louis look like David Bowie after being run over by a tractor.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
I imagine as we see Chelsea as an important match, we're going to wait till after tomorrow before making a move, perhaps to avoid shaking up the squad and potentially getting a worse result than what van Gaal would get. Although it can't really get any worse, can it.

Esquire

I'm going tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it. Its all going to kick off if we go a goal behind. If we fluke a win, he will stay :( Same with a draw I think
Hope you have a great time tomorrow but honestly I think you will be disappointed.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
If we sacked him before the Chelsea game then that means either a replacement has to take control of a game they haven't prepared for or Giggs does (assuming he isn't said replacement).

If we give Giggs just this one game and subsequently beat Chelsea the new manager has Giggs potential as manager being mentioned even more than it already will be, every time things aren't going well.

The best thing is to have LVG for one more game and sack him if we don't win. If we do win, we wait and sack him the next time we don't win.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Twitter awash with rumours that he's been 'asked to resign'
I think they originated from 'IndyKaila' - I've seen that he's tweeted it, not sure if he was the first but there's a lot of people on Twitter who hang onto his every word..

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Twitter awash with rumours that he's been 'asked to resign'
I assume that means working on a mutual termination?

"Hey, Louis, how about just forgetting about all that money you're contractually entitled to?"

Status
Not open for further replies.