LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Member 60376

I can't see it continuing. I don't think any of us can. I think a lot is happening behind the scenes right now and were probably sounding out 1 or 2 potential replacements.
That is what seems logical, he will go after the Chelsea game irrespective of the result

tom33

But if they have already made up their mind on sacking him they should do it immediately. What if we win 4-0 tomorrow do the board then turn around and say feck it let's stick with van gaal?
Yeah, I agree he should go as soon as possible, but I also can see that realistically, there isn't time for any meaningful changes to our approach before Monday, and it could be argued that the disruption of sacking LvG might be detrimental.

FujiVice

If there is a meeting going on, I cant imagine it would end with Van Gaal and the board going "well that went well, see you tomorrow Louis!" Both sides have to know this relationship isnt long for this world. Old Trafford would be rocking tomorrow if he's gone. I'd take Giggs in charge for the Chelsea match rather than another loss followed by days of "he has to go, oh, he's still here" speculation.

UnitedinRed

Ms LvG
Apart from when SAF retired, we signed RVP, we signed Di Maria, we announced Nike to Adidas sponsor swap etc.....oh wait....
Still less reliable that a copy of The Beano.

You take your news from Twitter by all means but be prepared to look very silly the vast majority of the time.

Sam

Yeah, I agree he should go as soon as possible, but I also can see that realistically, there isn't time for any meaningful changes to our approach before Monday, and it could be argued that the disruption of sacking LvG might be detrimental.
How much more detrimental could it get? We've lost the last 4. We've won 4 out of the last 16.

It couldn't get much worse. Even Moyes would struggle to make it any worse.

Esquire

Can't entirely agree with that. The team absolutely needs a disruption. Keeping LVG until tomorrow essentially tells the team to write off the Chelsea game because nothing will be different. Whether it's Giggs or someone else, the team clearly needs a break from the LVG prep routine. A different voice, no matter whose it is, will at least have an impact. At this point, as incredible and desperate as it sounds, it is the most we can hope for.

clarkydaz

by the way he was speaking after the game its gone past the point of no return. They will be discussing the cleanest way to part

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems he's gonna stay then. I wonder if the club will keep him if we win. They have put themselves in such a awkward situation by not reacting quick enough. This is not making the board look good, IMO.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
If we sacked him before the Chelsea game then that means either a replacement has to take control of a game they haven't prepared for or Giggs does (assuming he isn't said replacement).

If we give Giggs just this one game and subsequently beat Chelsea the new manager has Giggs potential as manager being mentioned even more than it already will be, every time things aren't going well.

The best thing is to have LVG for one more game and sack him if we don't win. If we do win, we wait and sack him the next time we don't win.
Giggs can take the game if LvG is not there because he is the assistant manager. But Mourinho can bring his own team. Giggs can leave.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Giggs can take the game if LvG is not there because he is the assistant manager. But Mourinho can bring his own team. Giggs can leave.
He can but then if he gets a good result he can just sit on his arse waiting for Jose to be under a bit of pressure and people will be clamouring for him to come in.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I can see this becoming a bit of a mess. Not a fan of the silence and lack of any action either way. If he's not being sacked then why not come out and say that he's going nowhere. It's just frustrating the fans and the media will be circling until he's gone.

It might take a while to recover from this. The depths we could sink to are worrying. I can't see us turning this around now under Van Gaal.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Why wait for another game? This team is damaged, I can't see us scoring a goal let alone win a game. Very poor by the board.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I can see this becoming a bit of a mess. Not a fan of the silence and lack of any action either way. If he's not being sacked then why not come out and say that he's going nowhere. It's just frustrating the fans and the media will be circling until he's gone.

It might take a while to recover from this. The depths we could sink to are worrying. I can't see us turning this around now.
It's like we want to sack him, but we're still only about 90% sure and hence don't want to pull the trigger during a busy period of fixtures...but don't want to defend him too strongly either because we're still probably going to get rid of him.

peridigm

Why let him take charge of a game his head will not be focused on if he knows he is either resigning or being sacked after? Let Giggs take charge then get whoever they're getting. Stupid decision if true.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Why let him take charge of a game his head will not be focused on if he knows he is either resigning or being sacked after?
Maybe they're letting LVG take the potential flack from the Chelsea game so that:

a) The board can then claim that his position's untenable, and...
b) The new or interim manager can be eased into his job with a winnable home fixture against Swansea.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
May be the resignation has been "agreed" and he has asked for one dinal game to say goodbye ?

SteveJ

Scout
May be the resignation has been "agreed" and he has asked for one final game to say goodbye ?
It'd be a bit pointless if we lose and people start throwing their pants at him.

SSSSnake

There's not really any good time to sack a manager. Let's just get it out the way regardless of Chelsea. So tired of this clown and his outdated tactics.

tom33

Can't entirely agree with that. The team absolutely needs a disruption. Keeping LVG until tomorrow essentially tells the team to write off the Chelsea game because nothing will be different. Whether it's Giggs or someone else, the team clearly needs a break from the LVG prep routine. A different voice, no matter whose it is, will at least have an impact. At this point, as incredible and desperate as it sounds, it is the most we can hope for.
Yeah, I'm definitely not saying there isn't an argument the other way. I think he should have gone last night and I agree that the players might actually get a boost from it, but I'm just saying that there is some semblance of logic to not sacking him before Chelsea.

SteveJ

Scout
He can do a lap of honour and be chased out of town at the same time.

Revan

Assumptionman

It might take a while to recover from this. The depths we could sink to are worrying. I can't see us turning this around now under Van Gaal.
If only you were this rational during Moyes' spell. What happened to you pocco, getting so enlighten?

Status
Not open for further replies.