LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
We could make a few up and get them in the papers. They look out for stuff like that.

Louis Van Gaal isn't Dutch at all, he was born and bred in Ashton under Lyne and his real name is David Ogden. He's been masquerading as a Dutch mastermind ever since he played his first game of Subbuteo whilst passing the Dutchie on the left hand side.

Fact!
:lol:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Is this because sport is very different in the U.S., where "winning things" is secondary? With the huge Premier League TV money, even qualifying for the Champions League is no longer as big a deal as it was, as far as the owners are concerned.
I have been asking myself that question for a long time now, in the US they have closed leagues with drafts, so if you fail the risks aren't really big, you play the same competition and have more or less the same revenue as long as you stay in the same area/market. But the most important thing is that when you fail, you are rewarded with the best young players in the world and for cheap, in football when you fail you lose the access for the best young players and you lose a lot of money. So I always ask myself if the american owners realize that.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
But sure we've clearly found that middle ground. As demonstrated by how we sacked Moyes. If it comes to it we will sack LVG. Maybe tonight if Liverpool go level with us on points. Jesus I'm still not over hearing that.
Hang on, Tottenham, Leicester or Bloody Crystal Palace being above us doesn't seem to be a massive issue, yet Liverpool would?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
5 points behind Spurs, and on behind Palace, with Liverpool possibly level with us by tonight. What a mess we've found ourselves in. A few bad results and we're in true Moyes territory all over again.

Stretford End Phil

Hang on, Tottenham, Leicester or Bloody Crystal Palace being above us doesn't seem to be a massive issue, yet Liverpool would?
Yes that's right. All those other clubs are the figments of someone's imagination. Dipperpool, however, are the eternal enemy to be kept behind us at all times. It's the sacred mission of all our managers to deprive them of a perch!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
5 points behind Spurs, and on behind Palace, with Liverpool possibly level with us by tonight. What a mess we've found ourselves in. A few bad results and we're in true Moyes territory all over again.
It's the alarming ease we've glided from top, to a few points off top, to now 5 points off 4th. It literally is Moyes again.
Only plus point is it's a more unpredictable season and Chelsea aren't one of the teams we need to catch.

Despite a few commentators applauding Leicester for showing they're "the real deal", despite not scoring for 2 games and getting a 1 pointer, they're definitely looking tired and on the slip now

Rory 7

It's the alarming ease we've glided from top, to a few points off top, to now 5 points off 4th. It literally is Moyes again.
Only plus point is it's a more unpredictable season and Chelsea aren't one of the teams we need to catch.

Despite a few commentators applauding Leicester for showing they're "the real deal", despite not scoring for 2 games and getting a 1 pointer, they're definitely looking tired and on the slip now
I'm not sure glided is right word. Sunk to 5 points off 4th maybe?

Timdbro

Probably the wrong thread, but even though I didn't see many signs of it yesterday, they have to tire at some point - the work their midfielders and forwards get through is mental.
Also, I think yesterday was only their 4th clean sheet this season. They've relied on being the top goalscorers so far, doesn't seem like a particularly sustainable formula. Still, 9 points is a long way, given that we don't score goals...

LonelyFire

Is this because sport is very different in the U.S., where "winning things" is secondary? With the huge Premier League TV money, even qualifying for the Champions League is no longer as big a deal as it was, as far as the owners are concerned.
Utd are a commercial juggernaut and while they lag behind Barca/Madrid on the pitch, they are miles in front from a marketing/business perspective. That is all that the current power brokers are interested in. People will immediately say "but surely the asset has to perform to be attractive to investors..." - and the answer to that is not necessarily. The Premier League is the most marketable and widely broadcast league in the world and with that comes a premium to any potential investor. Utd can charge through the nose (as can any PL club).

In my opinion its the worst run sporting franchise in the world right now (purely from the sporting perspective) simply because every decision made is from a business perspective. Its set up as a business with an Investment Banker heading up the football operation when no other top club in Europe is set up in that manner. While they pioneer new ways to generate revenue, they operate the football side in a manner that was becoming extinct 15 years ago. We haven't moved on and we've let the competition not only catch us, but run right past and leave us for dust. Chelsea and City are so far in front of Utd in terms of infrastructure its scary.

Its interesting reading the debate on this thread about time being afforded to managers and those opposed to the idea 2-3 year cycles - its been inevitable for years that we would reach this point. Ferguson's mantra of "the manager has to be the most important person at the club" was true for him....but nobody else. We will never see the likes of him again simply because the landscape of everything surrounding football has completely changed i.e. the upbringing of those coming into football (Ferguson was a staunch Union man), the desires of supporters for immediate success, TV, media, marketing.....everything has changed. We as fans are quick to realise the problem with young players nowadays is they get so much so soon, well the same is said for future managers - they are of the same upbringing, same ideals etc. So, the idea that both the club and a large portion of supporters still cling onto the idea of a legacy appointment is futile - its never going to happen in modern football. Whether that's right or wrong or what some of us want is irrelevant - we wont see it again. With that in mind, it puts the club in a position whereby they have to be thinking 2-3 years & get as much success as possible. However, the secret is to have the structure within the club that allows the club to prosper even in the event where the manager (or more accurately "Coach") changes.

All in all, until Utd realise the need to set up the footballing side of the club in the appropriate way to suit modern football, we are not going to see success. Its a sad truth and it hurts as a Utd fan to think we are in this position but simply put: Structure first, Personnel second = Success.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The difference with Liverpool to those clubs is once they go above us, I don't think we will catch them again.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Don't worry, Moyes is willing to work here again. Everything will be alright.
It's unfortunate that David's words - “I wouldn’t have done anything different. I would have only done it different if I’d known it was 10 months instead of 6 years" - are aligned with a sidebar headline of Man arrested after having sex with goat on Christmas Eve.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I see the ABUs are all encouraging us to stick with van Gaal...even mentioning Wenger as an example of how a club should be run. Yup the same guy who has not brought them the title for soooooooooooo long.

Nothing succeeds like success. We need to win the title again. Simply appoint people who can get this done. Everything else will take care of itself.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm not sure glided is right word. Sunk to 5 points off 4th maybe?
I suppose glided in terms of having no power and just gently reducing in position.

give us a couple more shocking weeks to sink!

Rory 7

What a disingenuous reply. It is obvious that wasn't what he meant, but you'd rather bask in your superiority as a fan than actually engage anyone about why we should be so different.
I think you'll find if you read the rest of the thread I had a rather pleasant exchange with that poster. That said, I'll take the very same stance with anyone that wants us to be like Chelski!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The difference with Liverpool to those clubs is once they go above us, I don't think we will catch them again.
Tottenham have finished above Liverpool a lot more often than vice versa this last 6 years, so I wouldn't think hauling Tottenham back is an easier job.
And despite Leicester now slipping a bit, do we think we will have the consistency to make 9 points up on them?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Christ. A couple of more weeks of THIS. :(
Luckily that Swansea gimp Monk has long been kicked out, so he doesn't have the chance to continue his "win only against united and be sh!t v everyone else" policy.

It has to be win v Swansea and then Sheff Utd as an absolute minimum

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Luckily that Swansea gimp Monk has long been kicked out, so he doesn't have the chance to continue his "win only against united and be sh!t v everyone else" policy.

It has to be win v Swansea and then Sheff Utd as an absolute minimum
I honestly don't see our gimp surviving if we don't get those results....but with our board you never know.

Esquire

Don't think the Glazers realise the trouble we are in, or they don't really care. But I have mentioned in a previous posts that their aim is not dominance but to remain competitive as that really is sufficient to keep the valuation of United high. As long as we get top 4 they are happy.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't think the Glazers realise the trouble we are in, or they don't really care. But I have mentioned in a previous posts that their aim is not dominance but to remain competitive as that really is sufficient to keep the valuation of United high. As long as we get top 4 they are happy.
I doubt that is all they want, as clearly winning gets them more money and more esteem.

They employ Woodward, and he's brought a supposed top manager in and bought tonnes of players for tonnes of money.
What should the Glazers themselves do differently exactly?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Years ago, I remember a french journalist reported that a club CEO told him that it was best to be second or third because the prize money was good and you didn't had to pay bonuses to the player or coach.

spwd

Were you the Cnut who said 'modern clubs' should rotate their manager every three years? If so you've a lot to answer for...
Surely nobody is say we should do that, we're just saying that's generally what will and is likely to happen, I'd gladly have stuck with Moyes or LVG if either of them showed any progress but they didn't and what everyone is hearing is that Mourinho wants a longer stay at a club than he has previously and he's one of the best in the world, he's more likely to stay after 3 years than pep is, if we had got Ancellotti I'd think he'd do the same and stick around but he's not available.

NK86

I said when Klopp took over it would be only a matter of time before they catch us so this is no surprise really
Liverpool's form has been poor. It is just that our has been the worst possible one. So it is more a case of us imploding than Klopp improving Liverpool.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
Surely nobody is say we should do that, we're just saying that's generally what will and is likely to happen, I'd gladly have stuck with Moyes or LVG if either of them showed any progress but they didn't and what everyone is hearing is that Mourinho wants a longer stay at a club than he has previously and he's one of the best in the world, he's more likely to stay after 3 years than pep is, if we had got Ancellotti I'd think he'd do the same and stick around but he's not available.
Don't speak his name or he might appear! http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...n-of-course-i-would-david-moyes-a3146061.html

Status
Not open for further replies.