LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
So that's what Louis was doing immediately after we scored at Anfield - writing on his daughter's birthday card.
Ryan was celebrating because he got an invite.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's not a silver bullet for sure, the club is a mess from top to bottom it seems. It's becoming more and more apparent how amazing SAF was, basically running the entire ship. That being said, LvG is the one problem that can be quickly rectified and produce immediate results (although obviously there's nothing given in that regard either). The youth academy, youth recruiting and general scouting and transfer policy all need looking at as well, but the results will take longer to show for those areas.
The fact that SAF ran everything, had a say in everything. Giggs does not have the experience to do that. So they either need an experienced manager or Giggs will need a DOF.

GimmeAKitKat

Four Brown Fingers
Might be nothing to it, but this trip to Holland gives me a bit of hope that something is happening.

I just dont understand him being given time out of the country for supposedly a simple birthday. Will he get the same for his other Daughter's birthday, his wife's, a wedding anniversary?

Dong Fangzhuo

The fact that SAF ran everything, had a say in everything. Giggs does not have the experience to do that. So they either need an experienced manager or Giggs will need a DOF.
I'd like us to move to a DoF system regardless of who our next manager is really. We need someone who knows football, someone on the younger side. Like Bayern did with Sammer. Not sure Woodward's ego would allow for such a change though. The power he seems to have been given really is mind boggling for someone with no football experience/knowledge beyond the avg caf poster.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I saw that LvG apologised to the fans for not meeting their expectations, must be a few pages back in here I can't find it.

Louis van Gaal is under more pressure than ever as Manchester United manager, and he says the fans have the right to be angry with him.

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal apologized to the club's supporters for not being able to "fulfil their expectations" of him.

United suffered a 1-0 home defeat to Southampton on Saturday - its sixth loss so far in the Premier League, and ninth in all competitions.

Boos rang around Old Trafford, not for the first time this season, putting Van Gaal under more pressure than ever to retain his job.

And the Dutchman revealed his frustration with how his time at the club has panned out so far.

"I'm very disappointed that I cannot reach the expectations of the fans," he said. "They have - or they had - great expectations of me, and I cannot fulfil them, so I am very frustrated because of that."

The loss to Southampton left United five points adrift of the top four, and 10 behind league leaders Leicester City.

Asked whether he has the appetite to continue at Old Trafford, Van Gaal responded with: "This question I shall never answer to you. We had to win this game and we could have won - but it's not happening.

"You have to play football to entertain the fans. I don't think we have entertained the fans, so they can be very angry."
http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/e...al-apologizes-to-manchester-united-supporters

Despite agreeing that his time is up now, at least he is taking responsibility on the chin instead of blaming everyone else, like Moyes and many other managers do. It is quite possible that he will walk rather than being pushed, he is a proud man. He is under no illusions regarding what is expected of him and is disappointed with himself for not meeting those expectations.

El Zoido

Those comments from LVG sound like a man that knows his time is up. It's basically an admission that he's failed at his job and cannot turn it around.

Minimalist

I saw that LvG apologised to the fans for not meeting their expectations, must be a few pages back in here I can't find it.

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/85/e...al-apologizes-to-manchester-united-supporters

Despite agreeing that his time is up now, at least he is taking responsibility on the chin instead of blaming everyone else, like Moyes and many other managers do. It is quite possible that he will walk rather than being pushed, he is a proud man. He is under no illusions regarding what is expected of him and is disappointed with himself for not meeting those expectations.
Van Gaal is much better manager and a much better man than David Moyes. That shouldn't even be questioned.

But alas, he has got it very wrong during his reign at United and he can't seemingly turn it around. It's a shame its his last job but we can't be sympathetic.

kps88

Right, so we just go about business as usual because that's heading us in the right direction?

Like it or not, the pathetic performance and defeat on Saturday, coupled with the intense public pressure, means 'something' has to happen this week. If LVG is still in charge then he needs to provoke a change/response from his team. Giving them a day off and then not attending the first proper meeting with those players following the defeat is odd, regardless of context.

At this level of the game (in fact, any business), with the scrutiny and salary he's being paid, everything other than the most dramatic event / emergency family life comes second. Christ, I probably earn less a year than he does in a few days and I still have that expectation in my job!
Ducker has already confirmed we're off today as well. There's such a thing as overtraining and giving the players too much information.

SteveJ

Scout
But alas, he has got it very wrong during his reign at United and he can't seemingly turn it around.
Not only that but I think he's mystified that his usual methods haven't worked. He's almost as exasperated as us.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not only that but I think he's mystified that his usual methods haven't worked. He's almost as exasperated as us.
If he feels that way then imagine the state of the players.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I was in the 'evaluate until the end of season' camp but after Saturday he needs to go ASAP. Our stats at home are horrendous we haven't scored in the first half at home for 11 games FFS. Give it to Giggs until the end of the season then try to get Pep in if not Mourinho. At the end of the season if we pass up on both of them and hire Giggs permanently than our board are certified idiots.

mu77

I'm not talking about net spend like some bullshit Liverpool fan, my point was that the 250 million was not a waste despite the shit football on display. Whoever replaces LvG can still work with the likes of Martial, Herrera, Memphis, Shaw, and Schneiderlin. Blind is the Dutch John O'Shea if you will, and is still a good squad player. Schweinsteiger might be over the hill but has valuable experience and presence.

Not Liverpool - like a fecking arse supporter - net spend means F all. he has wasted the money and Moyes has a hand in it. 300m to play shit = wasted. let alone the time to rebuild after he gets fired.

I have no idea what you are talking about here. Please attempt to at least communicate more like an adult. Again, Chichartio was poor for us and for Real. His build up play is poor, while he is at his most effective as a goal poacher. It's highly doubtful that he would even have a meaningful contribution in our team when we are even struggling to get the ball into the opponent's 6 yard box. Using the sale of Chicharito to beat LvG with is meaninglesss.

he left us with wiggy as 3rd striker that clear enough? more adult , fecking mentalist! no using the lack of squad depth is an indictment across the board. meaningless to you because you don't know what you're talking about. rather chich than wiggy coming off the bench when were chasing a goal

He was been known to play players out of position. His decision to played Schweinsteiger out of position turned into goal, as is the same with David Alaba. It's not only when he came to Man Utd he started playing players out of position.

Sir Alex himself is known to do this quite often. Remember Rafael in center mid?

he's done it because he's not got the squad depth end of.

Calm down dude. The only legit complaint you on this point is that LvG's substitutions made no sense.
no he's thrown kids into the shit over and over again. - you're delusional and probably want him to stay. he's going to get fired because of these errors not kept on because he has a "plan". Calm down Dude really calm down dude and you go on about being adult. get to school boy!

acrebo

Ducker has already confirmed we're off today as well. There's such a thing as overtraining and giving the players too much information.
I'd agree in principle but, as has been said, schedules change in extreme circumstances.

Getting the players in for extra training isn't about overloading with new information or trying to teach something new - it's about debriefing whilst emotions are still raw and players are still replaying their own games in their heads. Everything neutralises after a day or two and things won't seem quite as bad tomorrow as they did on Sunday.

To get an immediate reaction from the players, and coaches it seems, they needed to be reviewing the game on Sunday morning. If only for an hour or two. An extended break, before a Friday FA Cup fixture no less, is crazy. It basically means they're not planning on having more than one proper training session this week.

SteveJ

Scout
Van Gaal does tend to make a fuss about family birthday celebrations - I just saw some photos of his 60th, and you'd think it was a wedding reception it was that impressive.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I'd agree in principle but, as has been said, schedules change in extreme circumstances.

Getting the players in for extra training isn't about overloading with new information or trying to teach something new - it's about debriefing whilst emotions are still raw and players are still replaying their own games in their heads. Everything neutralises after a day or two and things won't seem quite as bad tomorrow as they did on Sunday.

To get an immediate reaction from the players, and coaches it seems, they needed to be reviewing the game on Sunday morning. If only for an hour or two. An extended break, before a Friday FA Cup fixture no less, is crazy. It basically means they're not planning on having more than one proper training session this week.
Problem with the training of course is that even when LvG isn't there, his cronies are, that includes Ryan. Same old stuff. Until they have all gone nothing will change. It is too late for them to change.

Riz

You really do have to laugh sometimes. In awful form, well not sure we can just call it form anymore, with a game coming up on Friday and we have a day scheduled off?!

It's a bit of a joke that he's still here now even he can see that with those admissions. It'll be the same thing though that happened after the Chelsea game, we'll beat Derby 2-0 or something and he'll come out saying how he can't walk away due to "the great reaction of the players and of the fans".

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Van Gaal does tend to make a fuss about family birthday celebrations - I just saw some photos of his 60th, and you'd think it was a wedding reception it was that impressive.
There's always a knife to cut the cake. Maybe he's trying to tempt Giggs to stab him in the back...

SalfordRed1960

You really believe that? you're in a tiny minority!

Read the delusion vs cock up thread - we are having a good debate about exactly this in there.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/self-delusion-or-monumental-cock-up.413921/page-2#post-18695932
Some very good points in that thread. I am not sure I agree with the age balance or quality of the side. Why were players like Anderson kept in the squad, why did Scholes have to come out of retirement. The difference in squads from his first decision to retire to the second was quite alarming.

Not knocking his qualities or accomplishments but still think he could have left us in a better state.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
With the stories floating around that he wanted to step down around Christmas time but he was persuaded not to, and his health issues, would it be surprising to anyone if we found out that he's being over stressed at the moment and the club have given him a couple of days time off? And before anyone says "but he's our manager he shouldn't get time off" imagine being in a situation where your health of being seriously affected by a combination of age, stress and illness, but you feel compelled to stay in your job through what might be a sense of duty or personal pride. I'm just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks but this won't be as clear cut as it seems.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
With the stories floating around that he wanted to step down around Christmas time but he was persuaded not to, and his health issues, would it be surprising to anyone if we found out that he's being over stressed at the moment and the club have given him a couple of days time off? And before anyone says "but he's our manager he shouldn't get time off" imagine being in a situation where your health of being affected by a combination of age, stress and illness. I'm just throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks but this won't be as clear cut as it seems.
Shouldn't they just allow him to feck off then, what do they want to do kill him?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Shouldn't they just allow him to feck off then, what do they want to do kill him?
Maybe during the winter it wasn't that clear that he was being affected by it as badly as everyone thought? Maybe Woody is an arsehole? They could be giving him time to make a decision whilst he's in Holland. Again I'm just putting my thoughts out there, they're probably bollocks.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe during the winter it wasn't that clear that he was being affected by it as badly as everyone thought? Maybe Woody is an arsehole? Again I'm just putting my thoughts out there, they're probably bollocks.
Personally I hope he has resigned, and we are trying to sort things out before announcing. However I am not holding my breathe

dcullivanio

I want him gone now, as do many others. What I do hope though, is that when he does go, we can show some decency and actually appreciate that he did move things forward last season.

Things have gone bad and appear unresolvable with him at the helm, so it is time for him to go, but let's show some class when the time inevitably arrives. He's not an enemy after all, he's someone who wanted to succeed for us but ultimately has been found wanting.

That said, if the reports in the Mirror (about Woodward persuading LVG to stay on two occasions when he's offered to resign) are true then Woodward needs to have a good look at himself and his role in knowing what's best for the club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-news-roundup-7240255

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Personally I hope he has resigned, and we are trying to sort things out before announcing. However I am not holding my breathe
Yep, just got to decide whether that contract for Giggs is a 5 or 6 year one.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I want him gone now, as do many others. What I do hope though, is that when he does go, we can show some decency and actually appreciate that he did move things forward last season.

Things have gone bad and appear unresolvable with him at the helm, so it is time for him to go, but let's show some class when the time inevitably arrives. He's not an enemy after all, he's someone who wanted to succeed for us but ultimately has been found wanting.

That said, if the reports in the Mirror (about Woodward persuading LVG to stay on two occasions when he's offered to resign) are true then Woodward needs to have a good look at himself and his role in knowing what's best for the club.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaal-news-roundup-7240255
1 - We look calm on the ball for the first time in years, granted the last few months it's been because teams know that they don't have to change us, but in his first year when teams put us under pressure we seemed to handle it really well.
2 - He's apparently done a lot for the infrastructure of the club, not just to our training facilities.
3 - He called a precious journalist "fat" and hurt the fat cnuts feelings.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Yep, just got to decide whether that contract for Giggs is a 5 or 6 year one.
You can just see it all written out, Comic Sans font, WordArt header of "Contract for Goggs".

mu77

Some very good points in that thread. I am not sure I agree with the age balance or quality of the side. Why were players like Anderson kept in the squad, why did Scholes have to come out of retirement. The difference in squads from his first decision to retire to the second was quite alarming.

Not knocking his qualities or accomplishments but still think he could have left us in a better state.

like champions? wait we won it in a trot. not for nothing there have been 3 summer windows and almost 3 winter windows in which to get it done and two mgrs failed to get close to good football let alone a championship. give it up .

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
You can just see it all written out, Comic Sans font, WordArt header of "Contract for Goggs".
And you can see the section called "People who support this appointment:"

Alex Frogie
Bobby Charlton
Gary Neville
Someone who put a tenner on it
Manchester City fans

Status
Not open for further replies.