LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Completely agree, and quite frankly I agree with that decision. I'm sure he'll leave at the end of the season but I think it'd take a Chelsea style shambles to get him sacked sooner.
We could be on the verge of the relegation area by then with crowds right down at OT. I think people will start to stay away. The atmosphere is bad now can you imagine if we have him to the end of the season. I just want him gone. He is tearing our club apart.

red thru&thru

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ollowing-Louis-van-Gaal-s-return-Holland.html

Giggs is taking training today, after LVG has gone to Holland for his daughter's birthday.
There's definitely more to this than meets the eye. Who goes and leaves their job, especially under pressure, to enjoy a few days with his daughter? Surely, he should be at the training ground trying to sort things out.

To me, he's been given a day or two discuss things with his family to see whether he should resign or not...or something of this ilk.

If he genuinely has gone for his daughters birthday and nothing else...well he should be sacked for this alone as he should be working his bollocks of to sort things out!!!

Danillaco

I just changed my vote. Really, I can't take it anymore.

It's not just the players, the tactics are absolutely bizarre. We lack urgency, we lack movement, and our positioning is so bad is ridiculous.

You get a player out wide, but no support, players hold positions like a rock. You can't make triangles, you can't touch and go, yet, if a pass is misplaced we get caught wide open. How is this possible?

It's all so absurd, this nonsense about philosophy and posession, but what good comes out of it if we produce nothing?

I don't even care anymore and watch games on the automatic. I caught myself sleeping in the middle of the game at least in the past 5 matches, and unless there are serious changes, no top 4 for us. And teams are really trying hard to screw this race.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
There's definitely more to this than meets the eye. Who goes and leaves their job, especially under pressure, to enjoy a few days with his daughter? Surely, he should be at the training ground trying to sort things out.

To me, he's been given a day or two discuss things with his family to see whether he should resign or not...or something of this ilk.

If he genuinely has gone for his daughters birthday and nothing else...well he should be sacked for this alone as he should be working his bollocks of to sort things out!!!
Yep I agree that there's more to the eye than this.

LVG is what, 65? So his daughter is likely to be 35+ and hardly needs her father to celebrate her birthday with her.
(although i'm sure she'd like him to spend it with her)

Unless there's a family emergency of some kind, then it's a strange decision indeed.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
I'd like him replaced, but emotions aside, getting away from the relentless pressure he's been under for the day would be understandable.

Untied

I tend to agree. I'd rather go for (another) promising manager who's proven in the Prem - Poch maybe.

But Jose is as 'safe' a pair of hands in the short term as you can get, irrespective of this season. It would give us a bit of time to effectively let him steady the footballing ship whilst we sort out the mess behind the scenes that is clearly getting out of control.
I like Pochettino but he's not available now and if we stick with Van Gaal or Giggs until the summer we will probably finish outside of the top 4.

At that point would he rather take his Spurs side into the Champions League with tons of TV money to spend and a new stadium on the horizon or would he try to rescue us.

DomesticTadpole

I all for the Van Gaal hate but, that is a little too far. Somethings are more important than Football.
Did he go last year? Yes of course it is important, but unless it is a really big birthday. She will have another next year he could go to. Was his wife on the pictures at the airport? Or had she gone already or not at all.

DomesticTadpole

People act as if our problems are over once we sack LVG.
They aren't, but it will be one problem ticked off. The club is rotten to the core. It needs a complete overhaul from top to bottom. The scouting and coaching, apart from it seems Warren Joyce, need looking at for starters. The clubs priorities should be looked at as well.

Mister_Stubbs

I all for the Van Gaal hate but, that is a little too far. Somethings are more important than Football.
It comes down to professionalism as far as I'm concerned. There will be time to go to party's or what ever he is going today once he retires. We are a club in crisis partly because of he's doing and he is not bothered about taking training today because it's he's daughters birthday.

RedDevil@84

The board convened to discuss LvG's future. But the notion was just being passed sideways and back again and again.
Please dont fret. Eventually it will reach the post.

DomesticTadpole

The board convened to discuss LvG's future. But the notion was just being passed sideways and back again and again.
Please dont fret. Eventually it will reach the post.

Bet they forget to put a stamp on it and LvG won't pay the postage. So we have to start it all again.

RedDevil@84

For the conspiracy theorists on LvG's daughter bday:

What if there is huge family gathering on this particular birthday and LvG just wants to take part in it given that Holland is not like half a world away.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
For the conspiracy theorists on LvG's daughter bday:

What if there is huge family gathering on this particular birthday and LvG just wants to take part in it given that Holland is not like half a world away.
You do have to consider that training yesterday was cancelled, and Giggs is in charge of training today (apparently)

Dong Fangzhuo

LVG brought Adnan on yesterday to provide an attacking threat as he wanted to win the game where we had largely been second best. How can he be held accountable for the stupid mistake which led to the goal. Seriously, their player is on the corner flag with another United player marking him, so why the feck would you go and foul him. Why is that LVGs fault.
It's obviously not LvG's fault, and that's not why people are on his case. They are on his case because he essentially played a 7-2-1 formation at home vs Southampton with square pegs in round holes all over the pitch, because the team played like absolute crap and created nothing, once again, because he waited till the 85th minute to make a positive sub and that was putting Adnan at LWB. The Adnan mistake counts for nothing in the totality of justified criticism on LvG and a draw in that game would have generated the same amount of criticism. People want him gone because of his body of work, which is 1.5+ seasons worth of absolute dross football, regularly not even registering a shot on target or even a half chance, regardless of opposition. His tactics are the great equalizer, every team that can defend in two banks of four is going to have a relatively easy and stress free 90 minutes vs us. People want him gone because there has been no progress, no improvement in team or individual play, just slow descent into pure awfulness. Some of the players may not be up to scratch, but these are mostly his players, either because he bought them or chose to keep them ahead of others that he sold. After ~20 months of being in charge, the buck has to stop with him.

Reactions: Invictus

Ixion

There are absolutely somethings more important than football but your daughter's 30ish year birthday? I'll get a call from my Mum saying happy birthday if I'm lucky or a whatsapp message.

It does seem unusual to go home for.

kps88

Who cares about the birthday? None of us know how training works, today could be a light rest day for all we know.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
It's obviously not LvG's fault, and that's not why people are on his case. They are on his case because he essentially played a 7-2-1 formation at home vs Southampton with square pegs in round holes all over the pitch, because the team played like absolute crap and created nothing, once again, because he waited till the 85th minute to make a positive sub and that was putting Adnan at LWB. The Adnan mistake counts for nothing in the totality of justified criticism on LvG and a draw in that game would have generated the same amount of criticism. People want him gone because of his body of work, which is 1.5+ seasons worth of absolute dross football, regularly not even registering a shot on target or even a half chance, regardless of opposition. His tactics are the great equalizer, every team that can defend in two banks of four is going to have a relatively easy and stress free 90 minutes vs us. People want him gone because there has been no progress, no improvement in team or individual play, just slow descent into pure awfulness. Some of the players may not be up to scratch, but these are mostly his players, either because he bought them or chose to keep them ahead of others that he sold. After ~20 months of being in charge, the buck has to stop with him.
Hear, here.

We are an absolutely wretched side to watch and he doesn't even have the benefit of results to offset it. It's clear that we're going nowhere with Van Gaal in charge and the players are going through the motions.

Reynoldo

If true it does sound a bit like he's gone for a bit of a think about the situation. If so has he been told to go and have think about continuing or has he asked for a day or two himself to think i.e. who is calling the shots here?

Mainoldo

It's not. We have a game on Friday. Holland is round the corner. If he wanted to go so bad he could still make it for training today.

Von Mistelroum

Those waiting for a sacking today should go and find something else to do. He's not going to be sacked while he's not even in the country.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We will scrape through against Derby, and then he will have the Stoke and Chelsea games to save his job.
We will lose 2-0 to Stoke but earn a dramatic late goal against Chelsea to only lose 3-1 and how can he possibly resign after such goal?

Smores

Those waiting for a sacking today should go and find something else to do. He's not going to be sacked while he's not even in the country.
He may have already been sacked and is going home to spend time with his family for the fallout.

Seriously though a top level manager of any company shouldn't be cancelling engagements during a critical period because of such a situation. Not that I particularly care but it's odd enough to be of interest

starman

Unless he loses to Derby i dont think he is at least 2 more loesses from being sacked.

He should just be really bold from now on, he is very close to going but he may as well just give unleash the players. Its just a crying shame he cant replicate the football some of his previous teams managed to produced.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
When I F5 this page I see its moved on, in those few faint seconds all hope of talk about the sacking of LVG and how we move forward fills my head, but once the screen refreshes the harsh reality soon strikes me down, he is still our feckin manager.

Dong Fangzhuo

People act as if our problems are over once we sack LVG.
It's not a silver bullet for sure, the club is a mess from top to bottom it seems. It's becoming more and more apparent how amazing SAF was, basically running the entire ship. That being said, LvG is the one problem that can be quickly rectified and produce immediate results (although obviously there's nothing given in that regard either). The youth academy, youth recruiting and general scouting and transfer policy all need looking at as well, but the results will take longer to show for those areas.

Reactions: SteveJ

acrebo

Who cares about the birthday? None of us know how training works, today could be a light rest day for all we know.
Right, so we just go about business as usual because that's heading us in the right direction?

Like it or not, the pathetic performance and defeat on Saturday, coupled with the intense public pressure, means 'something' has to happen this week. If LVG is still in charge then he needs to provoke a change/response from his team. Giving them a day off and then not attending the first proper meeting with those players following the defeat is odd, regardless of context.

At this level of the game (in fact, any business), with the scrutiny and salary he's being paid, everything other than the most dramatic event / emergency family life comes second. Christ, I probably earn less a year than he does in a few days and I still have that expectation in my job!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.