Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Hes taking a Pop at Scholesy in the paper tomorrow. :mad:

Blaming him because his job is on the line :lol:
In fairness, the only person whose job should be on the line as a result of Paul Scholes' punditry is Paul Scholes.

Tyrion

He's still here.

The board must have no respect whatsoever for the feelings of the fans.
Have the match-going fans made their voices heard? I can only really remember the sarcastic applause whem Memphis finally managed a shot on target in a cup game at OT a while back.

I'm just utterly utterly sick to death of him.

I watched my local team Maidstone United (MUFC:cool:) win promotion to the national league today and they were a damn sight more entertaining to watch than this Van Gaal side is.

It's criminal how poor we are under him. It will be gross negligence of the highest order if he is kept on.
That's what gets me. We're not just boring by "United standards", whatever that means, we're boring by any standards.

salford_

Wouldnt say it is against all probability that his departure (if it happens) might come this week

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Excellent stuff in there :D I'd not seen the lying/scam one with Jose behind him before :lol:
I enjoyed the Jose, behind LVG one.
The Rooney one, in the wrestling ring was also brilliant. Rooney looks genuinely scary there.

RRCE

It's completely laughable, and actually quite offensive. Does Van Gaal truly believe that United supporters would be happy with what he's produced over the past two seasons (this season in particular), but for Scholes and Ferdinand lobbing some criticism his way? They've only stated the obvious. Van Gaal's arrogance is stunning. He's quick to find blame elsewhere, but seems incapable of looking inward. Most top Managers will look to deflect negative attention onto themselves in order to spare his players and club. Not Van Gaal. He's blamed his players, particularly for not taking the one or two chances his system produces in any given match. Of course, they should all have 100% shooting percentages, after all. He's blamed referees. Obviously, no other teams have calls go against them. He's blamed injuries, but ignores the fact that he sold off every bit of depth in our roster. He's blamed the press. He's blamed former players. He's even subtly blamed Woodward, as he's referenced the fact that he was not given the type of attacking players he asked for (stunning that Bayern wouldn't sell Muller). On the other hand, when we've had good moments he doesn't hesitate to take credit. Any charm he's demonstrated has long since worn thin. I honestly can't wait until he's gone.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona

Van Gaal's job is on the line because his team, which he's in charge of, hasn't done well enough. Nothing to do with what somebody says externally.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Van Gaal's job is on the line because his team, which he's in charge of, hasn't done well enough. Nothing to do with what somebody says externally.
It should be on the line, but with the muppets running our club, my guess is that it isn't on the line at all.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
He really does a fans a disservice, it translates to the notion we're mindless sheep who can't think for ourselves, we're so dimwitted we just take up an ex players view as our own.

You know I believe the real issue is, is this: What he calls attacking football, and what Manchester United fans classify attacking football as, are two vastly different things. Consider a match at Old Trafford, patiently playing it around with 70% possession, yet everything is being played infront of the oppositions defence and we've mustered 1 shot by some point in second half, he thinks it's good, attacking football.
No mate, thats not our football, thats the problem, that will never be our football, we've always had a swashbuckling, risk vs reward style, your football is like the antithesis to what we want.

Lets not even mention the results.

Adebesi

It's completely laughable, and actually quite offensive. Does Van Gaal truly believe that United supporters would be happy with what he's produced over the past two seasons (this season in particular), but for Scholes and Ferdinand lobbing some criticism his way? They've only stated the obvious. Van Gaal's arrogance is stunning. He's quick to find blame elsewhere, but seems incapable of looking inward. Most top Managers will look to deflect negative attention onto themselves in order to spare his players and club. Not Van Gaal. He's blamed his players, particularly for not taking the one or two chances his system produces in any given match. Of course, they should all have 100% shooting percentages, after all. He's blamed referees. Obviously, no other teams have calls go against them. He's blamed injuries, but ignores the fact that he sold off every bit of depth in our roster. He's blamed the press. He's blamed former players. He's even subtly blamed Woodward, as he's referenced the fact that he was not given the type of attacking players he asked for (stunning that Bayern wouldn't sell Muller). On the other hand, when we've had good moments he doesn't hesitate to take credit. Any charm he's demonstrated has long since worn thin. I honestly can't until he's gone.
Not Mourinho either to be fair.

superdry

touched by a genius
We've misunderstood his philosophy goals. It's not to make United the best, it's to lower the fans expectations.
He's succeeded there!

Oneunited26

I can't finish this shit.. Troubles ahead if he's still here next year..
I wonder how many can put up with this guy next year, the club is at a tipping point, they continue down this path and go with their master plan and appoint giggs, its a trilogy of bad decisions that could take us years to recover from

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's pretty funny that some people are now changing their votes from B. to A.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
It's pretty funny that some people are now changing their votes from B. to A.
It's not funny, it's depressing! Just changed mind from C to A.

If we don't sign Mourinho this summer I'm not following United next season, something which I have done all my life and even feels alien to write about.

arthurka

I wonder how many can put up with this guy next year, the club is at a tipping point, they continue down this path and go with their master plan and appoint giggs, its a trilogy of bad decisions that could take us years to recover from
Thats what I am afraid of.. There hasn't been anything remotely close to a plan coming from Ed and the board. If they continue with this crap I feel there could become a rift between the club and the fans that couldnt be fixed anytime soon, plus we only have to look at Liverpool to see how couple of bad decisions can have terrible effect on the future.. Ed needs to get a grip on this and with Mou on the loose there is a quick fix available..

Gatti33

I personally believe when it's confirmed that we won't be in the CL next year he'll be a goner, albeit after the FA Cup final.

I just can't believe that Woodward would let him stay and risk missing out on the CL for a 2nd consecutive season, given all the financial implications that would have (adidas deal, tv money etc). If that does happen then Woodward himself might be in the firing line. That's not to mention it'll be LVGs last year in football so the amount of fecks given will be even less than now, he struggles to motivate the players now let alone when they know 100% he won't be there the season after. If he stays beyond this season I'll put a large amount of money on us finishing outside the top 4!

Oneunited26

Thats what I am afraid of.. There hasn't been anything remotely close to a plan coming from Ed and the board. If they continue with this crap I feel there could become a rift between the club and the fans that couldnt be fixed anytime soon, plus we only have to look at Liverpool to see how couple of bad decisions can have terrible effect on the future.. Ed needs to get a grip on this and with Mou on the loose there is a quick fix available..
Fact remains, when VG can't see how many bad decisions he has made, he really is lost. When the players that have saved VG this season, and then he goes back to the one's who have been terrible, it just shows how lucky he has been. Its scary that, where would united be? if we did not have the injury's, and that is not we would be in a better position.

Tonjo

If LVG has any tactical awareness, United wouldn't be that unwatchable and should be challenging for the title. No matter who says what will not matter and affect his employment. Such a lame excuse to cover up his stubbornness and arrogance. Sack him no matter what happens.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
The Bournemouth match is likely to be rearranged after the FA cup game now, this is going to extend his tenure isn't it!?

Status
Not open for further replies.