LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

justboy68

You do realise Simione plays a similar compact, organised team unit? They've scored the same amount of league goals as us this season.
He's also brought Atletico from obscurity to competing with the Spanish giants on a shoestring budget, winning a title and minutes away from a CL / League double. Not just a flash in the pan either, currently cantered their CL group and are ahead of Real in the league. I want United to be a force again and it looks like Pep is City bound, Klopp is at Pool, so really Simeone or Ancelotti are the only options in my opinion. While Simeone's Atletico aren't the most free flowing they do play with a lot of passion. Pus he gets the most out of journeymen or average players and we have a lot of them right now.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
He probably could, but he went out a winner. I just wouldn't do it if i was him, that's all i'm saying.
He would still be remembered for his honours. You can never beat that. Also No one remembers Busby for his feck ups and Im sure SAF will do far less feckups that Busby during his second stint

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Does this qualify as a meltdown?

Just asking like.......
Its been coming for a long time. We are seeing no plan, no direction. Yes, we have an injury crisis but thats because we have a tiny squad. The reason we have a tiny squad is down the manager. Did he really believe we could battle for the league and keep going in Europe with such a small squad? Yes, its great to see him blood some young players, but he is inconsistent with that.

Moonred

Nope. He will be here unless we fail miserably in the league and fail to qualify for the Cl. Cl was a disaster but it's done and I am less disappointed as we had absolutely no chance of going anywhere near winning anyway. Better call to be made at the end of the season. I am more disappointed with our lack of quality in the squad after spending so much than our tactics.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
I believe in LvG. Be more patient. If you look at the big picture, we have improved since his takeover. Yes we've spent shitloads but LvG takes time.
Improved?
....................POS ..........................P.W.D.L..F..A GD..PTS
this season 4
(4) Manchester United 15 8 5 2 20 10 10 29
David Moyes9
(9) Manchester United 15 6 4 5 22 19 3 22

How much for this improvement?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Madness suggesting we should sack him now. It could still end up being a very good season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's also brought Atletico from obscurity to competing with the Spanish giants on a shoestring budget, winning a title and minutes away from a CL / League double. Not just a flash in the pan either, currently cantered their CL group and are ahead of Real in the league. I want United to be a force again and it looks like Pep is City bound, Klopp is at Pool, so really Simeone or Ancelotti are the only options in my opinion. While Simeone's Atletico aren't the most free flowing they do play with a lot of passion. Pus he gets the most out of journeymen or average players and we have a lot of them right now.
Simione has spent nearly £200m on incomings since Van Gaal has been at United. Since when is that "Shoestring"?

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I wouldn't mind too much if he saw out his contract but I can't believe anyone who wanted to extend his contract is sane.

NJM78

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if he was sacked tonight but no chance I just hope he is gone in the summer as the squad depth and strength clearly not good enough plus I think he is tactically inept. Also I don't believe top players will want to join this team under this man. Please let us get Pep or Ancelotti in the summer and move out the trash from top to bottom.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Calling Atletico's budget shoestring is a bit daft when they spent 135 mil euros this past summer alone.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
LVG has gotten a bit lucky in that our next two games are Bournemouth and Norwich, who despite not being easy games are better than facing City or Spurs etc at the moment.
If we don't beat both of them then I think LVG's days are numbered.

MoskvaRed

I'd say he has some serious explaining to do about how United could not finish ahead of PSV over 6 games. He now needs to make a genuine challenge for the league this season in order to earn a third season. If we crawl in a distant third or fourth while continuing to play dreary football, then it's time for a change,

justboy68

Simione has spent nearly £200m on incomings since Van Gaal has been at United. Since when is that "Shoestring"?
When he won the league he'd made a net profit on transfers since taking over I believe. If you have to make back what you spend then you're performing on a budget. It could well have changed a little now with the success he's brought.

Edit: transfermarkt has Atletico's net spend in the last 2 seasons as £20 million and £22 million. United's since LVG are £101 million and £26 million. One of these teams has been transformed into an elite side.

InfiniteBoredom

well lets agree to disagree on that. However by how things are evolving I wont be surprised if we lose the top 4 spot too. Philosophy isn't working.

I think that A rusty SAF > Philosophy
Believe me, nothing will please me more than seeing SAF on the touchline again, leading us to yet another title.

But we have to move on. The club is still struggling to escape the shadow of the Fergie's era. We have to endure the current turmoil without him for the greater good.

UnitedinRed

Ms LvG
We are not other teams, we are Manchester United.
Exactly. Which is why we don't sack a string of managers in a few years unless they are clearly out of their depth, like Moyes. Very much the exception.

Were not a short term club in any sense.

Boycott

We didn't get eliminated because of tonight's game. It is due to his inept philosophy and decisions which is inhibiting and brings unnecessary pressure.

• A tactician is able to spot patterns of play and change them for better within that game. He sits down writing his dissertation on everything that's gone wrong ready to lay it to the players afterwards. There's a game to be won.
  • Pretty much all subs are like-for-like. He doesn't alter the system in game even though there are clear faults. Getting overrun in midfield? Plug the gap. Our attacking talent isn't superlative that we are sacrificing much. In fact we'd probably settle into games better for it.
  • The negatives of Van Gaal are tangible. We see the same thing every week. If this group of players aren't able to play such a demanding philosophy, play to their strengths. Every criticism made by Scholes, Rio, ex player is valid because we're judging on a sample which is quite big. 18 months later and is there an improvement in football. You don't need Messi, Suarez and Neymar to take the shackles off.
This time last year Liverpool got knocked out of the groups. Brendan Rodgers had led them back after 5 years managing a formidable title charge to getting there. He was getting hammered despite his Liverpool tenure at that point having far more positives than negatives.

People make it sound like Van Gaal did a miracle getting 4th. He's had everything he wanted to change happen. And still he can't deliver the conviction in this team's performances that suggests and exudes "we're going places". What are we sticking around to see? Some say we're "on the verge of something special with LVG". How do you see that? Because he did it 20 years ago?

The only reason we'll end up scrapping for top 4 again is because his philosophy is holding us back.

Cristiano_RAFC

I'm done with him. Not the right man for us. I want us to recognize our own club again. I'd actually consider Giggs now. Give him until the end of the season and see how that goes.

Glory Glory Denis Irwin

Glory Glory Denis Irwin
Jesus, by checking our fixtures I was just reminded how bad we've been recently. Since mid-October we've played 11 games and only beat Moscow at home (a sneaky 1-0), West Brom at home and Watford away (last minute winner).

MrSingh2002

Guardiola
Mourinho
G Neville
R Giggs
Ancelotti
Conte
Tuchel
Blanc
Simeone
LVG
M Hughes
Ranieri
Pochettino

Poll!

I don't want to see LVG go yet but if he did I wouldn't mind. Ultimately I believe he should pay a high price for thinning our squad so much and letting players like Hernandez and Rafael go.

predator

Youth NITK
I personally don't think he is to fully blame for tonight but overall he has been poor and unacceptable as a United manager.

Not only are his tactics and team selections mind boggling but his purchases have been underwhelming if you actually look at it. Martial is good but he should be given Van Gaal sanctioned the 50 +million fee, which in any day and age should get you a good footballer. You can't blame Martial anyway, he doesn't judge how much a club is willing to pay for him. The amount of money LVG had at his disposal was incredible but he didn't look at the squad as a whole. He has to go asap. We are going down a road of no return at this rate. We can't let our expectations drop to 'oh well at least our youngsters looked good and we had a lot of chances'.

Member 5225

Guardiola
Mourinho
G Neville
R Giggs
Ancelotti
Conte
Tuchel
Blanc
Simeone
LVG
M Hughes
Ranieri
Pochettino

Poll!

I don't want to see LVG go yet but if he did I wouldn't mind. Ultimately I believe he should pay a high price for thinning our squad so much and letting players like Hernandez and Rafael go.
OOOooo that'd genuinely be a great poll!

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
surprised to see we scored two, not surprised to see we lost though. had a team meal out with work tonight; in bygone times (anything from last season backwards,) i'd have pulled out citing deep, personal issues or the start of my period or something. it has to be serious to miss united when they're live and a make or break cl united game? forget about it, that's being watched.

today, i didn't give going for some food a second thought. i didn't give the match a second thought all day. whilst i was out i even completely forgot we were even on and forgot to check the score. it wasn't until i got home and thought about what i was going to do tomorrow evening, then remembering it was champions league week, before finally remembering we'd played this evening and checking the score.

for the dire football we're playing and for failing to get of this group and for slowly falling away in the league due to drawing every other game 0-0, van gaal needs to go. for making me not bothered about something i've always bothered about, he can feck himself off with a gigantic stick whilst he does it.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
It is not really working, that is for sure.

But let us see where we are at the end of the season. I am hopeful about the future as we have a lot of good young players.

saivet

Get rid at the end of the season. Unless our league form falls to pieces, as much as I dislike him, sacking him mid season would be silly.

izec

It definitely didn't look great a few weeks ago. All the problems have been there for a long time, but a lot made excuses for him.

He hasn't progressed us much more than slightly up the league and arguably the league is worse than ever anyway.
We won't go much further with him because we're stunted.
We were first in the table and before the psv game looked like the quali was routine. I dont mean it looked fantastic, but results wise we were on course.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He can stay but I don't want to see his face or hear his voice.

justboy68

Calling Atletico's budget shoestring is a bit daft when they spent 135 mil euros this past summer alone.
Their net spend is still only £20 million and that's really what matters when talking about performing on a budget. We can afford to run much higher transfer losses than that and we do, yet we're somehow not any better off for it.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
surprised to see we scored two, not surprised to see we lost though. had a team meal out with work tonight; in bygone times (anything from last season backwards,) i'd have pulled out citing deep, personal issues or the start of my period or something. it has to be serious to miss united when they're live and a make or break cl united game? forget about it, that's being watched.

today, i didn't give going for some food a second thought. i didn't give the match a second thought all day. whilst i was out i even completely forgot we were even on and forgot to check the score. it wasn't until i got home and thought about what i was going to do tomorrow evening, then remembering it was champions league week, before finally remembering we'd played this evening and checking the score.

for the dire football we're playing and for failing to get of this group and for slowly falling away in the league due to drawing every other game 0-0, van gaal needs to go. for making me not bothered about something i've always bothered about, he can feck himself off with a gigantic stick whilst he does it.
Your last paragraph sums it all up perfectly. Thanks.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Beyond a preconceived agenda, am not sure what you can blame LVG for tonight. He picked an interesting team given the injury situation right now and instructed the team to play with freedom.

I don't think tonight's horrific defensive naivety is his fault nor the profligacy of our front players in front of goal!

Even his crazy looking substitutions of Jackson and Powell did not lesson our attacking efforts, especially as Mata and BFS were both very poor.

One can complain about poor squad planning or previous risk adverse tactics, but tonight our players were not up for the task.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Exactly. Which is why we don't sack a string of managers in a few years unless they are clearly out of their depth, like Moyes. Very much the exception.

Were not a short term club in any sense.
We have had 18 months of the philosophy, thats 3 transfer windows and over €300m spent. We have a sparse squad, playing football thats a cure for insomnia. Nobody can see any plan or direction, our players look pissed off and unhappy. The only reason to keep LVG is down to some misguided sense of loyalty.

Status
Not open for further replies.