LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JinnerJamie

Small ginger
I don't have an ideological opposition to playing Rooney: I'm fed up with him limiting our chances of winning. There's no way Jose would play Rooney at the expense of winning.
If it wasn't going right we could at least trust the bus driver to hit Rooney when Jose throws him under it.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We should just hire Jose on a short contract and see how the team responds. Short contract with Pep still an option.

Loon

:lol:
I just can't see him being fired. Then again, I said that last week about you know who...

Fully Fledged

Come on, you don't believe that absolute nonsense being trotted out by the media at the moment about the players we have let go beating the current side do you? We let them go because they were consistently average, most of them under Ferguson, Moyes and Van Gaal
Dagenham & Redbridge would beat our current side.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What did he say after the game?

Michael Owen said he's gone. Either now in a few weeks.

Shark

@NotShark
I just can't see him being fired. Then again, I said that last week about you know who...
A lot of United fans also said the same up until Moyes was sacked. Managers get sacked all of the time, so I'm not sure how it's some unseeable occurrence in these kind of circumstances.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Like has been for Rodgers and Mourinho, the players are playing against him.

Not a chance for him to save the job

I feel for him as I do like him. And it's a shit way to end your career, if that's how it happens.

I'd most want Pep at the end of the season and I'm not sure Giggs as a caretaker would be any better than van Gaal til the summer. If Carlo and Pep are beyond reach, then maybe Jose now would be the way to go. He may not play the football we want to see, but SAF loves him and he might well try to prove himself in ways he hasn't by taking over at United. It's a huge challenge and maybe what he really needs right now.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I agree he needs to go now while we are still in touch. We don't want to do what we did with Moyes and sack him when it's far too late. A good manager could save our season.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
I assume he won't be around for much longer but I do think we'll ultimately benefit from his time here. The squad's still a work in progress but much good has been done in terms of rebuilding in a short period. I don't think we'll truly regret selling any of the players gone, especially when you consider the circumstances of how they left. A less restrictive manager should more from many of the players he's brought in.

LARulz

If we wait till everything is lost like with Moyes it's a truly idiotic decision. I just hope we've learnt from past mistakes.
I don't think Woodward will. This time it costs less to sack him I assume as he only has a year left. Also aren't a couple of our sponsorships tied up to qualifying for the CL? If so, Woodward won't jeopardise those for a couple million to not sack him now.

UnitedinRed

Ms LvG
Yep.

Have to say, while I don't want him sacked, I can see it being a matter of time now. Today was a kick in the teeth as he had players back to make up for sone of the frailties in recent weeks.

What I don't understand is how the defence has collapsed in recent weeks. The goals we are conceding are poor goals.

As it is, I think he may walk away. But if that's bthe case, or he is sacked, we must have a plan. Giggs isn't a plan, its a massive risk and one we can't afford to take. If that is the plan, keep van Gaal.

Very disappointing today. Broken team and manager.

mu77

top of the tree starting October to 5th mid December. thank feck it's spurs. maybe a change in manager gives the side a lift to end the season.

Lost Won Draw Draw Draw Draw Won Won Won Draw Draw Draw Lost Lost Lost

Mutter Merkel

fate tied with LVG
It's not like when Moyes was sacked; getting rid of that absolute clown was the best news of the entire season. The decision to sack Van Gaal, or a mutual parting of the ways, will be tinged with sadness for me. His faults have been well documented, but up until the last two months, things were not so bad, and he seemed to be improving the results, even if the improvement was at a glacial speed relative to the size of investment in players. On a personal level, I am much more favourable towards Van Gaal. It just hasn't worked on the pitch, and I think he's run out of ideas. I hope he will be honoured by the club and fans, as he deserves.

MrSingh2002

Surely Ed is considering it at the moment and it depends on whether we have a replacement before he acts. LVG clearly isnt going to challenge for the league with his playing style.

FujiVice

Judging by Van Gaal's post match, that sounded very much like he knew some news was coming.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
Reading this from Raphael Honigstein when he got fired at Bayern, it's obvious he never learnt and why I have firmly been convinced for a long time now that things wouldn't really get better with him , when things started to unravel.

The comments about his 4-2-3-1 system and his unwillingness to change it even when it was evidently not working sounds oddly familiar.

Sam

Reading this from Raphael Honigstein when he got fired at Bayern, it's obvious he never learnt and why I have firmly been convinced for a long time now that things wouldn't really get better with him , when things started to unravel.

The comments about his 4-2-3-1 system and his unwillingness to change it even when it was evidently not working sounds oddly familiar.
The similarities with what went wrong at Bayern, and whats going wrong here, is just uncanny.

Talk about not learning from your past mistakes.

Manny

Grammar Police
It's not like when Moyes was sacked; getting rid of that absolute clown was the best news of the entire season. The decision to sack Van Gaal, or a mutual parting of the ways, will be tinged with sadness for me. His faults have been well documented, but up until the last two months, things were not so bad, and he seemed to be improving the results, even if the improvement was at a glacial speed relative to the size of investment in players. On a personal level, I am much more favourable towards Van Gaal. It just hasn't worked on the pitch, and I think he's run out of ideas. I hope he will be honoured by the club and fans, as he deserves.
I have to say I'm grateful to LvG for getting us to a point where we were playing football that some of the best teams in the league couldn't cope with and getting us as high as 2nd(?) in the PL (April last season). Relying on Rooney to deliver and his persisting with the 4-2-3-1 system have been his biggest downfalls. If this is a sign of things to come, then we need to part ways.

I really think the best course of action now is to continue with this brand of football and build on it. Obviously that means getting Pep in. I think bringing someone like Jose in would tear down all that built and be a massive step backwards as would hiring Giggs.

If we can't secure Pep then expect another rebuild and another few years of not challenging in Europe.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
What if Mourinho has a clause that he can' t join a PL rival this season? Or is it kind of confirmed that he doesn't?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
What if Mourinho has a clause that he can' t join a PL rival this season? Or is it kind of confirmed that he doesn't?
Chelsea can't control what he does when they sack him. So he has a clause, within the contract that has been terminated?

mu77

doesn't matter for LVG. or shouldn't LVG needs offing. he had no hesitation is getting rid of players he thought weren't up for the board should do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.