Television Mad Men | SPOILERS

Jayvin

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That episode and story was really good, but I mean this - him staying with the IRL Donald Draper's wife, staying with those hippies, and shit like that. The last 2-3 episodes have been incredibly boring.

Also, no spoilers of season 3 yet please.
I agree with you here, the hippie chick he seemed to be infatuated with (and all scenes featuring her) were incredibly dull for me.

Cina

It's back tonight? Super.

I only finished the 3rd series recently, didn't realize it's been nearly a year since it aired.

Alex

Yeah it has been a while I think it last aired in late fall, I was suprised I thought they were supposed were taking a long hiatus

Alex

Good episode, it will be interesting to see where they go from there

Cole9

Brilliant show. I'm waiting until all of the 4th season ep's have aired before I watch them. Much more enjoyable watching a few in a row I think.

Alex

YEah that is what I did with the first three seasons, we will see how the week by week stuff goes this season

Alex

I actually liked the episode

I like the cold shoulder Don gives to the secretary the day after :lol:

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
They had interviews with the real early 60s Madison Ave ad men recently,and they said that was how the world was in NYC at the time. Great writng -absolutely the only real pure drama on TV.

Cina

I thought it was an excellent episode. It really is such an intriguing show at times.

Kinky Melinky

Great show. Seen every episode so far, and what I like the most about that show is not really the storylines. It's more anthropological. The roles of the sexes, and general behavior of everybody. It's fascinating to see how far we've moved the last 40 years, ofcourse depending on the accuracy of the show. Everyone is smoking, men are so superior to women that they simply have their way with them, only black guy on the show is the elevator operator and of course what today would be considered racist hatespeach in the conventional conversations.
I think this pretty much sums it up for me. Really good show. Cannot get over how much smoking is going on in it. Unreal !

Alex

Not really, she has become a true bitch though. The shrink did point out and not so subtly that it was Betty who was the one who was sick in the head.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
The show has reached an incredibly high level of quality, it's as good as anything I've seen before, the smaller group of characters has really helped the writing

Kinky Melinky

The show has reached an incredibly high level of quality, it's as good as anything I've seen before, the smaller group of characters has really helped the writing
Watched only season 1 and enjoyed it. Need to get my hands on the rest

Alek M

Da manic one
Anthropological is spot on really, in a way I think about The Sopranos in the same sense. it was a great show because it made characters were believable and well acted and you were like they are doing this? Really? and it made sense and struck a nerve. Mad Men is much the same way, it certainly has a plot, but a plot so deep, like The Sopranos had that its more of a long and winding road than anything, there are subplots that are resolved but in the end is anything really. I counter that with The Wire, in which each season had a specific focus and was a 12 episode series, sure the show ran five seasons and tons of stuff carried over. The Sopranos and Mad Men do to some degree as well, but it's more cryptic and winding imo. After having seen only one season of Mad Men I reckon it is top fecking quality and have the second season in teh air right now off Amazon. As ML mentioned, as a man you kinda sit back looking back at 40 years ago, and the racism aside, have to say hmmm it would have been pretty fecking awesome to work for Sterling Cooper back then, the same way you were like I wish I was a made guy in The Sopranos crew, in contrast I doubt anyone was saying I wish I was Jimmy McNulty a drunk ass cop paying his whole salary in alimony who drinks his sorrows away. All three are very realistic portrayals albeit a bit glorified, but hell it's fecking television, it's just that The Sopranos and Mad Men have that somewhat dark appeal, like when you were a kid and said you wanted to be an astronaut or fireman, etc. Now, having seenwhat a shitstorm the world and especially the dark parts, after seeing these two shows the little voice in your head or devil on your shoulder, says we shouldve have been a mafiaso or could you imagine what it be like to work for Sterling Cooper. Those are my thoughts on the show thus far.

Good Assessment. Tony or Don are just one of those guys that you wish you were.

great show. Little disappointed with the last few episodes.

Cina

The latest episode was some of the best TV I've seen in years. Don and Peggy were just superb.

4th series has been excellent, it's just one of those shows that keeps getting better because it's so character driven, and the more you get to know the characters the more involved you get.

Devilton

This season has been a return back to Season 1 form, and the reason is pretty simple.

Minimal Don family life and a greater emphasis on the job.

Betty and kids were why the show started to go downhill in season 2. The last few episodes have been excellent.

Alex

My dick is hard in anticipation for tomorrow night, the previews look scintillating

Count Duckula

I watched what I reckon was probably the first episode of this (it's not it's the end of the third season!)

where they form their own advertising company

on the plane to Las Vegas, and really enjoyed it. Might watch some more.

Edit: Apparently I saw the last episode of season three, not the very first at all! Still enjoyed it.

Devilton

Another fantastic episode last night. The major themes dealt with the women (in their many roles and guises) and everyone (even Betty) was fun to watch. The show or me in the last 4-5 episodes is peaking to perfection. Each episode is wonderfully crafted, subtle yet so rewarding, which only leaves me anxiously waiting another 7 days for my retro fix. This really is as good as it gets for a network show.

Alex

Yeah I really enjoyed the introspective side of the episode about Don, who has always been a deep character, but that took it to a whole new level.

Alex

Stunning episode

It's so all up in the air at this point, everyone could lose everything.

Cina

Another great one then Alex?

Can't wait to watch it when I get home.

It's gone from being one of those shows I watch when bored, to one of those shows I want to watch as soon as it's out.

Uncle Junior

For some reason, I haven't watched anything this week, and this is what I have piled up -

I'm going to buy a pair of shoes right now, I'll come back and go all marathon on these. This shit better be good!

Alex

I cannot fecking wait to see what happens in the next episode