Maguire: “My win rate under current manager is ridiculously high” | “I don’t like playing once a month, will have a chat with club”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumpsbechumps

think this is a good viewpoint. He has been playing well in the way he is being used, but at the same time the team overall sure as hell aint playing in the way it needs to going forward. A smart club would use this time to build his value back up for a transfer, but honestly i fully expect our club to hand out some ridiculous contract extension any minute now.
A smart fanbase would realise we haven’t smart people running the club which makes blaming managers for not succeeding , well … not very smart.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not really, twats giving him over the top sh*t are still twats.
Coming from a philosopher such as yourself, I can but sit back and marvel at your backside licking skills on our mid-table ex-captain.

Chumpsbechumps

Coming from a philosopher such as yourself, I can but sit back and marvel at your backside licking skills on our mid-table ex-captain.
I don’t boo our own players. There’s nothing philosophical or overly complicated to take from it. I’m sorry if it seems a bit high brow for you.

FerociousCorgis

A smart fanbase would realise we haven’t smart people running the club which makes blaming managers for not succeeding , well … not very smart.
i mean there are multiple facets to the game. Just because we dont have smart people running the club doesnt mean our manager is immune from criticism. What if it were me as manager? Would i then have free reign to do whatever i want until we all can agree the people running the club know what they are doing? By your logic it would mean that. We can both understand that the people running the club AND the manager of the club both arent doing their jobs to the level we all should want to see.

Chumpsbechumps

i mean there are multiple facets to the game. Just because we dont have smart people running the club doesnt mean our manager is immune from criticism. What if it were me as manager? Would i then have free reign to do whatever i want until we all can agree the people running the club know what they are doing? By your logic it would mean that. We can both understand that the people running the club AND the manager of the club both arent doing their jobs to the level we all should want to see.
If you were manager, the problem wouldn’t be that you are manager, the problem would be that you were made manager in the first place.

RedinIndia

This dilemma whether we want to be a counter attacking side or be a possession based side doesn't help.

Maguire can be a decent defender for a counter attacking side. He isn't someone you can build a high defensive line based side with.

It's not Maguire's fault the team brought him without enough scouting and without a basic idea on long term goals.

That said, get rid. Likable guy but way too errorprone.

Walters_19_MuFc

More like Lindelof 3rd, Evans 4th and Varane 5th :lol:

Varane has been on the bench during the last few games (big games too) and Evans has started over him. Not sure what's going on. It's either he's not fully fit or he and ten Hag have had some sort of disagreement.
I was wrong. Looks like its Evans 3rd, Lindelof 4th and Varane 5th. :lol:

Rightnr

Gets another assist for the opposition. What a player

raind

Varane was clearly the bigger problem tonight. He is done

Woziak

Easily. Appalling performance, massively overrated.
Varane was awful, as soon as he came on he created instability in that defence, we need a clear out, this season is finished no European football after Christmas concentrate on 1 game a week with a new coach or ETH being told that he has until the end of the season to prove that he’s the man to turn it round.

We should set him an achievable target of top 6/7 of the PL, coming 5th won’t make any difference this season with Newcastle and mostly united stinking out the CL and therefore the PL will end 3rd or 4th in Coefficient ranking.

Change the DOF, CEO then change the culture of the club and finally the ethos. We need to get on a hotline to Saudi and ship out 3 or 4 players in January window, anyone on over 300k per week and not playing or over 30 should be shipped out.

fallengt

It is puzzling. What had happened to him this season?
Benzama joined Saudi league. Both Casemiro and Varane's seen their future
Like Cavani's last season, few monumental cockups and he stopped caring

Last edited:

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
I never thought I’d see the day when I’d want to see Harold more than varane. Like him or not, even though he is still not good enough to be a starter, his comeback from where he was 12 months ago shows huge determination and character.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Benzama joined Saudi league. Both Casemiro and Varane's seen their future
Like Cavani's last season, few monumental cockups and he stopped caring
Might well be that. Plus I suspect the EPL just isn’t the place to come later in your career, especially for injury-prone players. Fast-paced and physical, it’s bound to quicken declines

Gopher Brown

It is puzzling. What had happened to him this season?
The same thing that eventually happens to all of our signings - the rotten core of the club saps their confidence, which then saps their ability.

Hojlund next.

Polar

Might well be that. Plus I suspect the EPL just isn’t the place to come later in your career, especially for injury-prone players. Fast-paced and physical, it’s bound to quicken declines
Yes… And United should be sceptical when big clubs like Real Madrid offers and obviously wants to offload aging stars.

Yakuza_devils

Another MOTM performance. Who said Maguire can't play ETH's football? We are lucky we didn't get rid of him. I think he is back on form. His grit and determination to get back to his back is unbelievable after being constantly boos by Man Utd and England fans. He deserve much better.

Kaos

Another MOTM performance. Who said Maguire can't play ETH's football? We are lucky we didn't get rid of him. I think he is back on form. His grit and determination to get back to his back is unbelievable after being constantly boos by Man Utd and England fans. He deserve much better.
We're not playing ETH football though.

Yakuza_devils

We're not playing ETH football though.
Really, WTF is ETH's football? I think he himself is unsure. He is already on records said that he will not play Ajax football here. So nobody really knows what is his football.

Last season whan Martinez play CB, I see no difference with the sytle of play we are playing now. Maybe the improvement is from Onana where he is comfortable with his feets to relieve pressure of being pressed.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Anyone that based their opinions on memes (a lot of our 'fans') is being proved massively wrong.

frostbite

I never thought I’d see the day when I’d want to see Harold more than varane. Like him or not, even though he is still not good enough to be a starter, his comeback from where he was 12 months ago shows huge determination and character.
Who is Harold? Can he score?

Yakuza_devils

He's been fine for the last few games we will see how he plays against Bayern, Liverpool & Newcastle.
Give credits where it's due, he has been one of our best players for the last few games. In fact he is the best CB for us this season. His forward passes have seen much improvement too. His positioning and defending are top notch. He is also very good in attacking play. Without him we will be in much worse position because both Martinez and Varane are out at the same time for long period of time. As many have said, Onana press resistance also helps Maguire's game.

fallengt

He's probably found his level. Against teams that are passive and not pressing, he's good. It's a different scenario where teams play with intense.
Galatasaray away is another test, Turkey's stadiums are something else. I doubt we'll qualify anyway, so not getting my hope up.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I assume you're talking about Jacob here??

Lentwood

He's not fashionable, stylish or trendy but he can actually defend, and it turns out that's a bloody useful trait to have as a defender.

He's also the best passer from the right side, far better than Varane. It will be interesting to see what happens when Martinez returns. ETH barely used them together last season, but I think they'd make an interesting partnership at LCB/RCB. Both can play through the lines and both can knock crossfield passes, so might open up more attacking options.

Based Adnan

Always happens when a player is overly criticized eventually he gets overpraised for doing the basics. The way pundits/media and some United fans talk about him you'd think he's come in and completely revolutionized the defence.

Rightnr

I have no idea what I should be comprehending from this.
Maybe that it's impressive you have working knees after all the knee-jerking you people are doing over this mid-table CB guy with an overinflated ego.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Maybe that it's impressive you have working knees after all the knee-jerking you people are doing over this mid-table CB guy with an overinflated ego.
Its amazing how peope just forget the countless number of times this guy has been shite for us and change their opinion after seeing him do 'mostly right' against cannon fodder. Cant even acknowledge how bad we were against half decent teams like Newcastle and City. Not to mention the UCL game.

AFC NimbleThumb

Its amazing how peope just forget the countless number of times this guy has been shite for us and change their opinion after seeing him do 'mostly right' against cannon fodder. Cant even acknowledge how bad we were against half decent teams like Newcastle and City. Not to mention the UCL game.
It’s been the case since we bought him.

Status
Not open for further replies.