Maguire | he stays!

edgecutter

From the outside looking in as an opposition fan, you would think Maguire would be desperate to go. Especially for his England career.

He can go to West Ham and essentially have a whole new career. A total reset at a big club where he’d be the main man again like he was at Leicester.
One word...money

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
He's going to get booed next time be plays at Old Trafford isn't he.

Oblivious, limited and gutless.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Seems an idiotic move from a purely footballing standpoint, and I'm sure the wider population will be gunning for him to finally lose the England place he no longer merits.

Obviously when it comes to money he comes out on top.

mu4c_20le

Not really arsed anymore, not like we can replace him with a Kim. We'll just be taking a punt on one of the french league defenders. If he wants to stay then he better he ready to warm the bench most of the season, and step up when someone picks up a knock.

Enigma_87

You know who
He'll halve his salary at WHUM and United are very valuable for players to monetise other revenue streams.
It's abundantly clear he isn't that keen on going to WHUM, he strikes me as content with his career and somewhat deluded in how he is perceived but it is what it is. The club's fault, hand out silly contracts to average players and pay the price.
bolded is true for marketable players, unless Maguire enters the comedy business

From what I know about him he doesn’t have any other sponsor than Puma and they pay him per game, I’d imagine they will back off a bit if he doesn’t feature at all.

to me it’s clear he’s after the bag so that’s priority number one. Talk about getting back into the team are bollocks. Yes he might feature here and there but either he’s absolutely deluded as you mentioned or it’s an excuse to reject that WH move

RedBanker

I love you Ole
By hanging on for "compensation" he is effectively admitting to the world that this is a termination of contract because he is shite and not actually a transfer. Well done.

Ole90+3

From the outside looking in as an opposition fan, you would think Maguire would be desperate to go. Especially for his England career.

He can go to West Ham and essentially have a whole new career. A total reset at a big club where he’d be the main man again like he was at Leicester.
You do know who the England coach is right! Maguire would get picked even with a wooden leg.

teague

Next year's figures have little to no bearing on our spending this summer. If FFP is an issue - and we're led to believe it is - then all that matters is that discharging the book value for Harry Maguire right now would mean taking a £26M hit. So that is the figure we have to recoup now to avoid reducing our budget.

It might well be beneficial long term to take a hit now and get more headroom down the line, but that's not what the other poster was getting at. They were talking about the need to buy this summer.
Even if you are only talking about this year it is still a bigger FFP hit to keep him then sell him at a loss. A write off loss of a few million when selling him would be a lot less than one year's amortisation (even without factoring in a year's salary).

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think the comments by EtH were probably due to the deal being dead already.
Or maybe he actually does like the player enough to want to keep him? Hag is not this infallible genius as he has shown a few times with player choices

quadrant

Even if you are only talking about this year it is still a bigger FFP hit to keep him then sell him at a loss. A write off loss of a few million when selling him would be a lot less than one year's amortisation (even without factoring in a year's salary).
But you don't just write off one years amortisation, you write off two. If you dispose of an asset, you write off the entire book value ie £26M.

RuudTom83

So every post the media made saying personal terms agreed! it's the settlement fee that's holding it up...were total bullshit!

I am shocked! :rolleyes: haha the feckers know absolutely nothing as to what's really going on...frauds the lot of them.

evil_geko

Do people really believe he stayed just because of ETH quotes, are you for real?! Some posts on here are literally a parody! :lol:

RedBanker

I love you Ole
bolded is true for marketable players, unless Maguire enters the comedy business

From what I know about him he doesn’t have any other sponsor than Puma and they pay him per game, I’d imagine they will back off a bit if he doesn’t feature at all.

to me it’s clear he’s after the bag so that’s priority number one. Talk about getting back into the team are bollocks. Yes he might feature here and there but either he’s absolutely deluded as you mentioned or it’s an excuse to reject that WH move
He is monetizing his memes

Mercurial

Unclear; 6, 7 and 15m£ have been mentioned by different tweets / articles.
15m£ I'm not sure I see the napkin calculations for that one but maybe included some bonus or side benefits on top of wage difference, I dunno.
He probably wanted salary based on being in CL also.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Feck this he should be sent to the reserves for the remainder of the season, ETH grow a per and make it happen.

Plastic Evra

Or maybe he actually does like the player enough to want to keep him? Hag is not this infallible genius as he has shown a few times with player choices
I reckon I am not certain the club was in a hurry to complete this deal. With Pavard not as cheap and Harry's exit not as profitable than hoped maybe the finance aspect wasn't working.

evil_geko

Maybe some, but surely most understand the comments had some bitter in them as if he knew the deal failed.
Exactly, if anything, he made those comments because he knew the deal is not happening, not the other way around, it would be silly.

tomaldinho1

I don't have instagram so can't see his activity but simply using that as an example, you earn about £200k per 1m followers you have from brand posts at the upper end. I googled him and he's got 5m, for a reference point John Stones (a better, more marketable and more successful player) has half of that. United is a monster of a brand. It's kind of sickening when you think about it, when footballers go on holiday they'll likely pay for the holiday 5x over simply by sharing a pic of the hotel - if you play for the massive clubs like United, Barca, Real etc. you are at the top of the pecking order.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
harry should be strapped down to the massage table. he should then have his training kit removed. his balls should then be covered in hot wax. rats should then be dropped at his feet to eat up small bits of offal from between his toes. his nipples should be crocodile clamped and tethered to the floor. he’ll cry out the safe word “large pay-off! large pay-off!” but his cries will be ignored.

I wouldn’t leave United for West Ham either to be fair, shite club. I certainly wouldn’t take 90 grand less a week for doing so and packing up my family to London.

If he stays he’ll likely see enough game time.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I reckon I am not certain the club was in a hurry to complete this deal. With Pavard not as cheap and Harry's exit not as profitable than hoped maybe the finance aspect wasn't working.
And I reckon a big part of that is because the manager isn’t overly bothered whether the player stays or goes. If he really wanted the player out, I think we would have seen more of a push.

Gandalf

You do know who the England coach is right! Maguire would get picked even with a wooden leg.
Harry will have been thrilled with Mings going down on Saturday, it is not as if England has an abundance of decent options to compete with him for his place so he will continue to get into the squad and he will start over guys like Colwill because Sir Chinny Waistcoat does not like to gamble on youth, youth being defined as anyone under 29 or prone to play that fancy modern progressive football.

OrcaFat

Yeah. And Harry just didn’t really want to go. Just one of those things. No use us crying about it at this point.

DJBillRemfry

Supports
West Ham United
Anyone have insight to what West Ham forum are saying?
Largely apathetic about Maguire not coming, but a bit more vexed that the club is probably going to raise a quarter of a billion in sales yet doesn't appear to be spending much of it.

Lingard is 'keeping his fitness up' with us... murmurings about what that might mean.

Trying to nab Laporte as part of any Paqueta sale, have been linked with Jonathan Tah at Leverkusen all summer.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
What a mess. I hope our CBs stay fit and in form for the season. Would be good to give Harry even less minutes than last season.

whitbyviking

Puts a whole new perspective on our summer business after being so close to selling the 3 amigos and now looks like they’re all staying.