Maguire: I wouldn't be starting every game if I was playing bad or not playing well enough, there's a reason both managers put me in XI every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

InfiniteBoredom

Ah boy

He doesn't help himself does he? :lol:

Even if the criticism is a bit OTT, don't pour fuel on the fire in the midst of crappy form!!!!
But that’s the thing, as long as he keeps getting picked, he doesn’t feel like his form is crap,it’s just people hating on him.

Very revealing quote really, if our captain has this ‘not my problem’ mentality, imagine the rest of them, behind all the sound bites. There’s no introspection, no accountability whatsoever.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
:lol:

I wonder what his status would be if he'd have cost 30m and been on a 100K wage. Quickly discarded for a high line I suspect.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
As good at self-reflection as he is at football defending.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
I mean you've changed it for the title for some reason but explain how it isn't? If he was playing badly 'every game' he wouldn't be playing, like he said. The alternatives are worse.
Maguire has been utterly shocking this season, it's not just "some" bad games as he's pretending. He's also brushing criticism aside because he is starting every week. A major part of that has to do with his £80m price tag and the fact he is club captain.

Any manager worth his salt would 1) Never appoint him as club captain because of his torrid mentality 2) Bench him after months of poor form

Kazi

This is worse than when Buttner thought he had been man of the match 14 times for us

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Not really sure what people want him to say. At this stage there’s nothing he can say to win over most of you. Hell he’s getting blamed for every goal we concede which is nothing more than a pile on.

SaboTaj

Can everyone at the club realize what an expensive mistake they have made and bin him in the summer? Nevermind his shocking displays on pitch, his mentality is absolutely appalling.
Getting him is arguably turning out to be a bigger mistake than hiring Moyes.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Maguire has been shit for an entire year but sure let's keep playing him because he played well with England at the Euros 1 year ago. Surely trying a youngster in a completely dead season in which we're out of all competitions and not going to finish top 4 - or maybe even top 5 - is going to harm the team more than continuously our underperforming player.

Who said the academy player tried instead of him won't be good enough to replace an underperforming, awful player ?

Such kind of mentality is why we're stuck with such dross. Let's keep on playing them while they're shit instead of - guess what - trying something new.

I guess you're the real superstar manager indeed.
You are out of your depth if you think Maguire is a lesser player than somebody who looks average vs Brighton U23’s

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Maguire isn t good enough but that isn’t on Ralf - He has no options.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
At what point would just terminating his contract giving him a massive boost be more beneficial than spending on new players?

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Honestly he shouldn't say anything
Which he hasn’t until now and he’s being getting battered anyway. Harry has every right to make a statement and back himself. But the Twitter brigade have their scapegoat so have at it.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Maguire has been utterly shocking this season, it's not just "some" bad games as he's pretending. He's also brushing criticism aside because he is starting every week. A major part of that has to do with his £80m price tag and the fact he is club captain.

Any manager worth his salt would 1) Never appoint him as club captain because of his torrid mentality 2) Bench him after months of poor form
He's been bad in a lot of games and ok in others but make no mistake many others in this team who have been a disgrace are getting off very lightly because everyone wants to blame everything on one player.

He ended up as captain because we don't have ANY leaders in this squad (neither is he), they are spineless.

Cloud7

And then there are people on here who wonder why Maguire has become a meme throughout all of English football. Interviews like this, the cup ear moment for England all while having one of the most negatively noteworthy seasons of any United defender and captain ever.

choccy77

Can everyone at the club realize what an expensive mistake they have made and bin him in the summer? Nevermind his shocking displays on pitch, his mentality is absolutely appalling.
Delusional bastard.

el3mel

You are out of your depth if you think Maguire is a lesser player than somebody who looks average vs Brighton U23’s

Stop embarrassing yourself.

Maguire isn t good enough but that isn’t on Ralf - He has no options.
I'll take my chance with a youngster. At least I might see something new, instead of the same shit I see every week from Maguire, especially in a dead season with nothing for us to play for.

Also, you're the one who's out of his depth considering that today we have been playing with 3 defenders, Jones, Linderlof and Harry Maguire, so he could have benched Maguire indeed and went for Lindelof and Jones in normal 4 at the back formation with Dalot and AWB as fullbacks.

Hell, even when the clown subbed off one of the defenders to put on Sancho, he chose to sub off Jones and not Maguire.

So actually, he had options to bench him but as I said, the guy is just another clown.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’m not even watching that — I’ll end up breaking my fecking phone!

el3mel

See this guy's efforts in that 3rd goal ? He's not even trying to block the shot.

My grandmother would actually put more effort if she stepped on the pitch instead of him.

Sigh..

80m down the drain.
Harry Maguire strikes again.

Based Adnan

If the San Marino celebration didn't prove it then this does. The guy is genuinely deluded. Bet he thinks he's doing a cracking job.

Manncunian

See this guy's efforts in that 3rd goal ? He's not even trying to block the shot.

My grandmother would actually put more effort if he stepped on the pitch instead of him.

Sigh..

80m down the drain.
Nice to see trans people being represented in here, and by the older generation too. :D

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I'll take my chance with a youngster. At least I might see something new, instead of the same shit I see every week from Maguire, especially in a dead season with nothing for us to play for.

Also, you're the one who's out of his depth considering that today we have been playing with 3 defenders, Jones, Linderlof and Harry Maguire, so he could have benched Maguire indeed and went for Lindelof and Jones in normal 4 at the back formation with Dalot and AWB as fullbacks.

Hell, even when the clown subbed off one of the defenders to put on Sancho, he chose to sub off Jones and not Maguire.

So actually, he had options to bench him but as I said, the guy is just another clown.
Like I said - you are a superstar manager who rates youth players and Phil Jones.

What can I say.

I’m sure they would be fantastic.

Rolaholic

My grandmother would actually put more effort if he stepped on the pitch instead of him.

Sigh..

80m down the drain.
Be careful, you must never call out his blatant mistakes and eff ups at risk of upsetting his relatives on here

Kush

He's been bad in a lot of games and ok in others but make no mistake many others in this team who have been a disgrace are getting off very lightly because everyone wants to blame everything on one player.

He ended up as captain because we don't have ANY leaders in this squad (neither is he), they are spineless.
Me and many others are not interested in whatabouttery. This is a major problem in discussions as it's always defelcted with someone else copping the blame. I want to discuss Maguires performance and responsibility as a club captain, and he's done a terrible job this season. Others being more shit has nothing to do with him.

And, I disagree we don't have any leaders in the squad, especially when you compare them to Maguire who is as uninspiring as they come. Ole signed him and made him captain because of mis-guided sense of cultural reset and to have a British captain. A major reason why we are in this mess today.

el3mel

Like I said - you are a superstar manager who rates youth players and Phil Jones.

What can I say.

I like how you think you can win argument by being funny and sarcastic when your point of no options being available is actually killed by my last post.

Kush

My grandmother would actually put more effort if she stepped on the pitch instead of him.

Sigh..

80m down the drain.
He is a major culprit in a significant amount of goals we concede. It's not scapegoating, he is legit making a lot of mistakes. Fans who defend who him are part of the reason why he spits deluded bollocks like in that clip.

3rd goal is carbon copy of 1st goal where he is not actively doing anything to prevent the goal. Like why the feck would you not mark Mane there?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
New chant should be:

"Van Der Vaart is right
Maguire is shite"

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Me and many others are not interested in whatabouttery. This is a major problem in discussions as it's always defelcted with someone else copping the blame. I want to discuss Maguires performance and responsibility as a club captain, and he's done a terrible job this season. Others being more shit has nothing to do with him.

And, I disagree we don't have any leaders in the squad, especially when you compare them to Maguire who is as uninspiring as they come. Ole signed him and made him captain because of mis-guided sense of cultural reset and to have a British captain. A major reason why we are in this mess today.
Yes, they haven't been good enough. The alternatives are worse, that's why he still plays. Simple.

Kush

What can I say.

You are adding nothing to the discussion by trying to be sarcastic.

When Maguire continues to cost us every week, and when season is more or less done. Fans are right to ask for other players to be given a chance, it's not rocket science.

Status
Not open for further replies.