Maguire: I wouldn't be starting every game if I was playing bad or not playing well enough, there's a reason both managers put me in XI every game

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I like how you think you can win argument by being funny and sarcastic when your point of no options being available is actually killed by my last post.
Your options have been youth players and Phil Jones.

You are a footballing genius.

shaky

I mean you've changed it for the title for some reason but explain how it isn't? If he was playing badly 'every game' he wouldn't be playing, like he said. The alternatives are worse.
Maybe the alternatives are worse. Maybe he's better than Bailly and Jones. That does seem to be the standard he's set for himself. As long as he's not quite as awful as the other options, he's doing a good job. I remember when our players strived to be the best in the world. Now they congratulate themselves for not being the worst in a rotten Utd squad.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Yes, they haven't been good enough. The alternatives are worse, that's why he still plays. Simple.
Well, we can't know that. When Bailly was fit, Maguire started. When Lindelof was fit, Maguire started.
Varane, Bailly and Lindelof are twice better thsn him but 80 mil captain must play

el3mel

Your options have been youth players and Phil Jones.

You are a footballing genius.
No let's stick with a shit, underperforming player instead of trying something new till we have Maldini and Nesta as options available. This will end brilliantly, surely.

We moved on from "there's no options available to bench him" to "the options available are shit", which just shows that you lost the argument but as usual in such cases, you're way to stubborn to admit that so will shift goal posts and keep going on.

SAFMUTD

Is there a least likeable player? I'm actually getting to the point of getting mad by everything that has to do with him.

Shit player, the sooner he goes the better.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
No let's stick with a shit, underperforming player instead of trying something new till we have Maldini and Nesta as options available. This will end brilliantly, surely.

We moved on from "there's no options available to bench him" to "the options available are shit", which just shows that you lost the argument but as usual in such cases, you're way to stubborn to admit that that will shift goal posts and keep going on.
You’ve lost the plot.

You think Jones and youth players (who haven’t named) are great options when they are worse than Maguire.

You’ve embarrassed yourself enough.

Have a nice evening.

AshRK

Couldn't stand him. Been saying he should be stripped of the captaincy and kicked out.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Not sure what the interview was going to achieve apart from loading on more hate.

Delusion at its finest.

el3mel

You’ve lost the plot.

You think Jones and youth players (who haven’t named) are great options when they are worse than Maguire.

You’ve embarrassed yourself enough.

Have a nice evening.
Good night. :yawn:

Speako

I saw some poor players during the 80’s, but I honestly truly hate Maguire. It’s not healthy.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Well, we can't know that. When Bailly was fit, Maguire started. When Lindelof was fit, Maguire started.
Varane, Bailly and Lindelof are twice better thsn him but 80 mil captain must play
Lindelof who just singlehandedly gave away the 3rd goal? Varane who can't stay fit for two games in a row (£40m well spent). Bailly :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Has "feck off" been said yet?

Because feck off.

Rojow

He deserves the bullying he's having. Can't stand him.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Lindelof who just singlehandedly gave away the 3rd goal? Varane who can't stay fit for two games in a row (£40m well spent). Bailly :lol:
Oh great. Of all the things in the fecking universe we need, we've actually got Harry Maguire stans on here now. Jesus Christ.

Irwin99

I don't feel any of the antipathy that other posters seem to feel for him but the circus around him is getting really annoying. The entirety of our defence is god awful, i wish people would single out the others too.

that's not absolving him; he doesn't know what he's doing and he's awful at the moment. Can only hope he gets better with a new manager and a fresh start (and hopefully competent full backs and a defensive midfield to actually you know, help with the defence) because he ain't going anywhere unless Newcastle are feeling generous.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He deserves the bullying he's having. Can't stand him.
I disagree. It's not bullying anymore than what Johnson is getting. Both are way out of their depth and unable to see it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ye we have Bailly who’s always injured and the other option is Phil jones hahaha… nothing to be proud of that your starting every game when your up against that. You wouldn’t be starting for any other top team in the league.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He's very delusional is he? No wonder he hasn't improve his games because the guy thought he played well. I have a feeling others also think they are playing well.

Flexdegea

The fact he's our captain every game no matter what sums up the total mess we are in at the moment

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Which he hasn’t until now and he’s being getting battered anyway. Harry has every right to make a statement and back himself. But the Twitter brigade have their scapegoat so have at it.
Indeed it's one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't situations... Although he's marginally less damned if he shuts up and cashes his check...

WPMUFC

This is what some of you people are defending.... delusional fecking millionaires that don't even listen to an interim coach the day after getting a club legend sacked. For the love of Christ, please choose better people to idolised.

It's ok to not love footballers. It's fecking delusional to love and admire a bunch of chancers

He is truly horrendous. Every game he seems to cost us and make monumental gaffes. For the life of me, I can't understand why someone playing so badly continues to be picked. What the hell is going on? He shouldn't be anywhere near starting games. Ten Hag must get rid of him.

Superunknown

I have no real evidence to back this up, but the vibe that he gives is that eventually everything will just work out fine. As in, if he keeps doing the same thing, it'll be ok. That they're just going through a rough patch. A season + long rough patch.

Not sure he gets it. Think the comments about the lack of self awareness are spot on.

jesperjaap

He is truly horrendous. Every game he seems to cost us and make monumental gaffes. For the life of me, I can't understand why someone playing so badly continues to be picked. What the hell is going on? He shouldn't be anywhere near starting games. Ten Hag must get rid of him.
True, horrible thing is, the other options, one is injured and hasnt yet settled, one is bang average at best even with his recent improvements and the other has had injuries and despite the talent.....also makes monumental errors....that why rightly or wrognly he still starts often

Status
Not open for further replies.