Maguire needs to be replaced

Jacob

Disregarding his abilities, the decision to make him captain was extremely premature. Any other club that had benched their captain due to poor form?

femto

He’s never looked quick but seems to be stuck on half speed this season, every time the ball comes near him you fear the worst. Four centre backs have had an outing now this season and it’s not hyperbole to say he’s been the worst. Hopefully he’s not fully fit and that’s playing a part. Needs benched, for his own good as well as the teams.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Currently playing like a 34 year-old Gary Pallister.

The Hilton

The OP is right but for completely the wrong reasons.

Maguire is in pretty poor form, my suspicion is that he's mentally exhausted due almost non stop football over the past few seasons, and needs a break.

Calling him an average to awful defender though? That's just silly.

Laurencio

Right now he's barely championship level. He's shocking at the moment. However, he was phenomenal for England during the Euros, so he's clearly capable of a lot more.

Probably needs a break from football. He can't play when he is in this poor form.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Yeah, well. It has been obvious for ages but with Bailly and Varane both playing, it really demonstrates how limited he is.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He’s never looked quick but seems to be stuck on half speed this season, every time the ball comes near him you fear the worst. Four centre backs have had an outing now this season and it’s not hyperbole to say he’s been the worst. Hopefully he’s not fully fit and that’s playing a part. Needs benched, for his own good as well as the teams.
Aye, just said similar elsewhere. No matter who plays alongside him he's always the weak link. You simply cannot keep playing him when he's this out of form. But we kept going with De Gea when he was gifting goals every game, now it's Maguires turn. It'll cost him his job ultimately.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Cultural reboot.

Him, Maguire and Shaw are the new spin to take us forward. He ain’t getting dropped.
Needs culturally booted out of the football club. He’s fecking pish.

hobbers

Won't be dropping him any time soon with Varane and possibly still Lindelof injured.

SAFMUTD

He's actually trying to sabotage us. There's no other explanation of why he's been so shit after his return from injury.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
80m for this clown

He's thr leader of the next deadwoods fc along with AWB, Telles, shaw, jones, baily, dvd, fred, dalot, perreira, lingardinho,

Added with cavani and pogba moving on and ronaldo 37 next year.

500M well spent ole

SER19

Varane injury keeps him in team. Without Varane we simply have to play a back 5

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He’s far too slow. Him and DDG need replacing for differing reasons. I think DDG is fine for now but I expect how defence to be a lot better with a goalkeeper that comes off his line. Maguire is just an average defender

AFC NimbleThumb

Bailly is being showered with praise and was arguably at fault for both goals (albeit the first was unlucky)

Commentators talk some nonsense about Maguire for the second goal, despite the fact he had about 20 yards to make up, and you all swallow it hook, line and sinker

Tell me this, and be honest, if you swap the players, so it's Maguire who lets his forward run off him at a dead ball and Bailly who tries the desperate recovery, who do you all blame?
I see Harry’s PR team have a login.

Utter nonsense.

Flexdegea

He's a biggest issue than anyone at the moment.

Worse centre back play I've seen in a long while.

Ole have to get blame too for playing him but what's the options. Varane and Bailly would look a good partnership at the moment but both Injury prone

tomaldinho1

Pointless to have these threads when it’s so evident the tactics are levels below where they need to be. Let a new manager come in, then let’s judge.

Pavl3n

Bailly is being showered with praise and was arguably at fault for both goals (albeit the first was unlucky)

Commentators talk some nonsense about Maguire for the second goal, despite the fact he had about 20 yards to make up, and you all swallow it hook, line and sinker

Tell me this, and be honest, if you swap the players, so it's Maguire who lets his forward run off him at a dead ball and Bailly who tries the desperate recovery, who do you all blame?
Both of Bailly and Maguire must have been instructed to step in and try to intervene.
I wouldn't really blame him about the first goal, but yes - Zapata turned him and left him behind. But Harry was so slow to try and force the offside, he should've been closer to Bailly and it just shows how poor he's been.

80m for this clown

He's thr leader of the next deadwoods fc along with AWB, Telles, shaw, jones, baily, dvd, fred, dalot, perreira, lingardinho,

Added with cavani and pogba moving on and ronaldo 37 next year.

500M well spent ole

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The defence will look miles better when/if we ever start playing good football across the pitch.

RepardReece

Sack Ole first - no point judging players until we actually have a competent manager and tactics.

(He has been dreadful recently though and should be dropped)

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
If players were being picked on form, Maguire would be on the bench. I say that as a Slabhead fan. He needs a kick up the arse and the squad players need a message that poor performances won't be tolerated, no matter who you are.

AFC NimbleThumb

I see no lies in the OP.

His best performances have come in Southgates negative England side, terrible signing.

Monger

Did fergie not say when Rooney came back from injury he just had to keep playing him until he found his form?

I'd say maguire has fat feet too

FlapR

Give him a rest for a few games and move on ffs.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Happy to let him go tbh. He's a brutal, brutal footballer and a typical, 90s archetype Prem CB.

A complete lack of athleticism and spends his time pointing or directing traffic.

See if Leicester want him back.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hes been shit this year but is far from the problem. There is no coaching going on with us. Criticisms for everything else are literally just on hold for me until Ole is sacked, because nobody can do anything right so I'll reserve judgment until then.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
When has he been very good? He's been abysmal from day one..
He's miles out of form but that's pure bollocks. He was very good last season, prior to the season ending injury. I mean, just look at how bad we were without him in the last few games.

So he's often been very good but, currently, is awful.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
That's harsh because we genuinely missed him last season at the end. However, the problem is he's not good enough consistently to be captain and Ole just never drops his favorites. He needs to be on the bench based on his absolute shit performances this season
Yes we did miss him, but last season he was really on his game, this season he's just a shadow of that player, really needs to be left out for a spell.