Maguire needs to be replaced

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Embarrassing that celebration, it almost feels like an attack on the fans

You've been fecking shite Harry, I don't give a shit what you do for England.

Should be dropped from the United team
Wow. Some of these reactions for his celebration are either crazy or tragic. Do fans have to moan about every single thing now ?

TrueRed79

Wow. Some of these reactions for his celebration are either crazy or tragic. Do fans have to moan about every single thing now ?
He doesn't help himself, does he? He's not very bright and is in no way articulate. I think peoples reaction to it are a culmination of things. No i don't think he should be dropped. But he shouldn't be captain for Manchester United.

Nogbadthebad

Maguire isn't the best defender, but he was relatively solid until he came back from inury too soon. He's been woeful since that, and shouldn;t have been in the squad let a lone starting for much of the bad spell we've gone through.

But the celebration. It was Albania. If he thinks scoring that is silencing his critics when in a period of 9 days we let in 11 goals and he was directly involved in the mistakes that led to 10 of them, he needs to give his head a wobble.

devips

We came 2nd last year in the toughest league in the world.

You know what the problem is? We have a load of spoilt, nostalgic fans who think just banging on about "high-standards" is enough to win Premier League titles.

Finishing 2nd to a City side who have had £5BN artificially poured in and every advantage in football does not make the players failures or disgraces.

We might not be THE best side around at the moment, Maguire might not be THE best centre half....but we are a very good side and Maguire is a very good centre half.

Nobody has a God-given right to win anything. The way the game is going, there's a possibility we never win a major trophy again. For most clubs, that's already a reality. You can either spend every minute whining about it, or just enjoy it for what it is.

Personally, I am lucky. I have seen United win every major trophy there is to win, and attended 99% of the home games during our period of dominance between 2005-2010. We're certainly never again going to be able to exert that level of dominance, it's over. Football as we know it/knew it is over. The game now is about who has the biggest resources and spending power. Look at the CL semi-finals last year...three plastic, oil clubs who without their billionaire owners would be lucky to win a pre-season tournament. Wait until Newcastle get going. I made my peace with that a long time ago.

I would suggest there's a few hundred on here need to sit down and reflect - "Am I enjoying this?", "is it healthy to be furious all of the time?", "is it healthy to 'hate' our players?", "is it healthy to want the team to lose so a former player is sacked as manager?", "is it healthy to be triggered by our captain celebrating a goal?".

Just try and enjoy it, its meant to be fun.
Great post.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We have some miserable hateful types following us don't we.
Pathetic stuff moaning about a guy who has taken a stack of grief having the cheek to give a bit back after scoring..for another team!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

You know what the problem is? We have a load of spoilt, nostalgic fans who think just banging on about "high-standards" is enough to win Premier League titles.

Finishing 2nd to a City side who have had £5BN artificially poured in and every advantage in football does not make the players failures or disgraces.

We might not be THE best side around at the moment, Maguire might not be THE best centre half....but we are a very good side and Maguire is a very good centre half.

Nobody has a God-given right to win anything. The way the game is going, there's a possibility we never win a major trophy again. For most clubs, that's already a reality. You can either spend every minute whining about it, or just enjoy it for what it is.

Personally, I am lucky. I have seen United win every major trophy there is to win, and attended 99% of the home games during our period of dominance between 2005-2010. We're certainly never again going to be able to exert that level of dominance, it's over. Football as we know it/knew it is over. The game now is about who has the biggest resources and spending power. Look at the CL semi-finals last year...three plastic, oil clubs who without their billionaire owners would be lucky to win a pre-season tournament. Wait until Newcastle get going. I made my peace with that a long time ago.

I would suggest there's a few hundred on here need to sit down and reflect - "Am I enjoying this?", "is it healthy to be furious all of the time?", "is it healthy to 'hate' our players?", "is it healthy to want the team to lose so a former player is sacked as manager?", "is it healthy to be triggered by our captain celebrating a goal?".

Good post, but don't forget we're not a financial minnow here.
Our problems have been the mis-spending of money and the lack of quality management.

I would need to see the exact figures but I'd be amazed if we're even as low as 2nd highest spenders in England over the last decade.

Ixion

His celebration is a shitty thing to do because it suggests all his apologies after recent games have been bullshit and he actually thinks hes playing well and the critics are wrong.

captain666

Can't wait for the bellend to Lord it over San fecking Marino!Should relinquish the captaincy on his return to OT and hopefully be sold asap.

Conor

His celebration is a shitty thing to do because it suggests all his apologies after recent games have been bullshit and he actually thinks hes playing well and the critics are wrong.
Exactly, all this nonsense people are spouting about him having a tough time and just giving some back, he's played absolutely shite for weeks, and it's clear from this celebration he feels like he has been unjustly criticised for it. When this sort of thing happens to a genuine person, they barely celebrate as it's such a relief, they don't do a fecking let's be avin ya knee slide while cupping their ears for the h8ers :houllier:

Rolaholic

At least he has enough shame to realise that he looked like a bozo and lie about it

kouroux

We have some miserable hateful types following us don't we.
Pathetic stuff moaning about a guy who has taken a stack of grief having the cheek to give a bit back after scoring..for another team!
It's ridiculous. How do some take themselves that seriously, I'll never get it

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Funny how under a good tactical manager and a competent coaching staff he looks decent at International level.

He may not ever be world class but under a decent coaching setup at United he will look far better than what we’ve seen this season.

Ixion

At least he has enough shame to realise that he looked like a bozo and lie about it
Someone from his social media team probably told him the metrics were going the wrong way

Castia

He's been shite all season and we've been humiliated by Liverpool and City and he's cupping his ears against Andorra in a 5-0 win? Nah I might be having a moan but in this instance like Roy Keane said its an embarrassment.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Yes mate. Yes we do. His celebration is tragic and I’m sorry that you cannot see it as I think you’re great poster.

Idxomer

Maguire isn't the best defender, but he was relatively solid until he came back from inury too soon. He's been woeful since that, and shouldn;t have been in the squad let a lone starting for much of the bad spell we've gone through.

But the celebration. It was Albania. If he thinks scoring that is silencing his critics when in a period of 9 days we let in 11 goals and he was directly involved in the mistakes that led to 10 of them, he needs to give his head a wobble.
He was awful in every league game before his injury, he was gifting other teams chances out of nowhere which continued after he got back.

Paxi

The problem is the club started peddling process and needing a rebuild to justify to the fans not chasing instant success. Somewhere down the line the club themselves from playing staff to board also bought into their own message that winning is no longer an expectation, just nice to have.

Making Maguire a club captain, on the back of winning nought and not really being a proven leader of men was stupid.

That and the constant acceptance of 'bad patches' and no need to challenge has really knocked the club back. Maquire is just a player representation of the difference in standards, piss poor. Our Xhaka.
This is a good point.

See when you start spouting shite like: “The past. The present. The future.” When Ole signs a new contact… …everyone knows it’s a recipe for disaster. Nothing comes good from shit like that: you just get memed.

United board are in with the fairies thinking they’ll recreate the days where Sir Alex just did his thing for 25 years.

Maticmaker

For goodness sake the man's been under the cosh, he scores a goal, he celebrates as much in relief as any 'up yours' gesture, are we are becoming a nation of 'cry babies' (even Keano)?
I can think of some players in the past who would have stuck two fingers up (admittedly mostly from Leeds!!)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Funny how under a good tactical manager and a competent coaching staff he looks decent at International level.

He may not ever be world class but under a decent coaching setup at United he will look far better than what we’ve seen this season.
Who is the good tactical manager?
Most of these internationals England are playing 3rd or 4th tier teams. They are walkover games.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Who is the good tactical manager?
Most of these internationals England are playing 3rd or 4th tier teams. They are walkover games.
Southgate is a good tactical manager. He’s just far to negative with the way he sets a team up. That’s the reason I don’t want him anywhere near United.

Hughie77

Agree with the lentwood post, great post and real, this is where we are in football terms, and it's not just UTD fans that need to realise this, it's the ex pros and has beens on Radio stations all over the country.
The silly money has damaged football in a way that's unretrievable. This is how it's going to be from now on. I was remembering the other day when was the best period in the new Premier league and I thought it was 1997 to 2000 . Those seasons were great. In no team ran away with anything. . That's gone gone gone.. you can pick the winners NOW for next season. .. and in 5 or so years you can add Newcastle..

largelyworried

What the feck do people want from the guy when he scores? A hangdog expression and a t-shirt with “sorry I’m shite” underneath?

If he can use anger at the way he’s being treated as motivation to fight his way back into a bit of form, good luck to him.

el3mel

Oh look, didn't know Ole had an account on this forum

The same delusional nonsense about the fans being spoilt that some posters like you have just memorized and repeat every few days and think they have written a great post because others who also memorized exactly the same words give them the thumbs up.

devips

Oh look, didn't know Ole had an account on this forum

The same delusional nonsense about the fans being spoilt that some posters like you have just memorized and repeat every few days and think they have written a great post because others who also memorized exactly the same words give them the thumbs up.
You are the one with delusion. Not you personally, but spoilt fans like you.

kouroux

Yes mate. Yes we do. His celebration is tragic and I’m sorry that you cannot see it as I think you’re great poster.
He's been shite all season and we've been humiliated by Liverpool and City and he's cupping his ears against Andorra in a 5-0 win? Nah I might be having a moan but in this instance like Roy Keane said its an embarrassment.
The way I see it is simple, what he does for England in terms of performances just like in terms of celebration is absolutely irrelevant to what happens at Man Utd. He could have taken off his shirt and thrown into the crowd, I just wouldn't care.

Microanalysis of every single done by footballers who are extremely disliked is basically looking for an excuse to be embarrassed. The actual performances are more than enough, no need to reach the celebrations against poor teams. It makes you guys seem ridiculously grumpy.

Only he knows what he's gone through mentally these past few weeks and if he finds celebrating like that as a way to "release", who tf am I to tell him what he should or shouldn't do ?

All I'm interested in are his performances for Man Utd. I don't have the time for the rest.

@Lentwood Great post

CloneMC16

What the feck do people want from the guy when he scores? A hangdog expression and a t-shirt with “sorry I’m shite” underneath?

If he can use anger at the way he’s being treated as motivation to fight his way back into a bit of form, good luck to him.
If he celebrated in the exact same way Kane did for any of his goals, I don't think many people would have said anything. They way Maguire celebrated was pretty provocative and tone deaf.

el3mel

You are the one with delusion. Not you personally, but spoilt fans like you.
Yes, the fans who want the club to actually improve and win titles are the problem. Meanwhile top red fans who think finishing 2nd miles away from the league leader is a good season are great and should be role model for everyone.

Mindhunter

Absolutely shameless. What a disgrace this fecking ogre is the captain of the club.
Are you out of your mind calling our club captain an ogre? Wonder how people like you get promoted. It is all right to criticise his performances but this isn’t that.

Maguire is definitely in the wrong set up where his weaknesses are being amplified due to a non-dominant midfield. Our rivals would snap our hands off to get him and will be able to use him productively. It seems like all our players are suddenly not good enough - Sancho, VDB, Rashford, Shaw etc.

It it is 1-2 players out of form then it is on them. If the whole team is out of form then it is the manager.

Jericho

He doesn’t seem like the type of guy for that is generally the problem. He generally just looks very mopey and docile when things aren’t going well. He’s the last guy I’d expect to get motivated (or motivate anyway else, he is captain after all) by anger.

markhughes

Best post I have seen in a long time, people really should sit down and reflect on their emotions and reasons for watching the game every week.

That being said, I shall do the same in regards to the CAF, this place has become a toxic environment, full of absolutist opinions and extreme reactionary viewpoints.

I was so happy to become a full member after loitering for years on this site, now I think I will just delete my account and watch Utd without the additional noise from the CAF.

All the best everyone.

Flytan

I don't really care about him celebrating or the reason behind it, maybe he will remeber some of the coaching from the England camp and ignore oles.

I do find it funny it was against Albania though

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

We finished second yes but 12 points behind City and have spent just as much as them over the last years, and just 5 points ahead of Liverpool and Chelsea. One of those teams played the whole year with no defenders, and the other more than half a year with no manager. And Im sick and tired of supporters like you calling other ones spoiled, like you are the ultimate supporter.
And why do you have to mention former player in front of manager? It should have nothing to do with it. Thats the problem. He's a former player. Massive mistake.
And yes it is meant to be fun. But having more shots at your own goal that against Citys, at home in a derby isnt fun at all.

Hawks2008

Are you out of your mind calling our club captain an ogre? Wonder how people like you get promoted. It is all right to criticise his performances but this isn’t that.

Maguire is definitely in the wrong set up where his weaknesses are being amplified due to a non-dominant midfield. Our rivals would snap our hands off to get him and will be able to use him productively. It seems like all our players are suddenly not good enough - Sancho, VDB, Rashford, Shaw etc.

It it is 1-2 players out of form then it is on them. If the whole team is out of form then it is the manager.
Your captain, not mine. I don't have to respect or like him.

Mindhunter

Your captain, not mine. I don't have to respect or like him.
No he isn’t my captain. He is officially the captain of Manchester United Football Club. You can live under a rock but you need to respect the position.

Again, it is all right to criticise him for performances. He has been atrocious this season. I still think he is reeling psychologically from the fiasco at Mykonos.

It is not all right to call him names and insult or abuse him. Despite what you may think, he is a respectable person plying an honourable tale. He has been our fittest player and missed the least number of matches since he joined us.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Football as we know it/knew it is over. The game now is about who has the biggest resources and spending power. Look at the CL semi-finals last year...three plastic, oil clubs who without their billionaire owners would be lucky to win a pre-season tournament. Wait until Newcastle get going. I made my peace with that a long time ago.
All good points. But we as fans are constantly being gas lighted (mostly by each other but also by the club and the media) that we are almost there - that this elusive DM or that top coach is the last piece of the jigsaw that will make us winners. The truth is there is no jigsaw so the last piece will never arrive. There is just a mess of random pieces.

Paxi

:lol:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Nothing wrong with celebration and the guy is attacked without reason here but as i am saying from day one; he was wrong choice for captain and wrong buy in general. He is good defender but IF we hire new manager who will want to play attacking football with high back line, Maguire will be a problem.

Again, nothing against him, he was solid for us but we hugely overpayed for just a good defender.

kouroux

No he isn’t my captain. He is officially the captain of Manchester United Football Club. You can live under a rock but you need to respect the position.

Again, it is all right to criticise him for performances. He has been atrocious this season. I still think he is reeling psychologically from the fiasco at Mykonos.

It is not all right to call him names and insult or abuse him. Despite what you may think, he is a respectable person plying an honourable tale. He has been our fittest player and missed the least number of matches since he joined us.
That's what I don't get anymore about the caf. Maguire has enough terrible "material" to criticize him for when it comes to football, it just doesn't need to reach personal levels.
Fans are so hurting that they find solace and comfort in insulting the players. We need to be better than that

JeffFromHK

I am just not sure if we can still play a high line with him and De Gea in our squad