Mahrez | Signed with City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abdou0230

Think Jose wants someone to hug the touch line and put crosses in.

Had we got Perisic, we probably might have signed Mahrez
I think Jesse Lingard should play that role. He has pace and not afraid of taking players on. I actually think he would be much better there than in a No.10 position.

Reactions: Alex99

Kostov

Apart from the 2015/2016 season when every Leicester player had the season of their career, can somebody tell me what's with the Mahrez wankfest? He's shown nothing deserving of the 60m price tag on his head, somebody even mentioned Nani, Mahrez isn't fit to lace Nani's boots.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think Jesse Lingard should play that role. He has pace and not afraid of taking players on. I actually think he would be much better there than in a No.10 position.
What? He's infinitely a better player in the centrally position than he is out wide.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Apart from the 2015/2016 season when every Leicester player had the season of their career, can somebody tell me what's with the Mahrez wankfest? He's shown nothing deserving of the 60m price tag on his head, somebody even mentioned Nani, Mahrez isn't fit to lace Nani's boots.
In terms of his close control, dribbling ability, and shot cutting inside he's very good, and exhibits traits that would excel at a higher level. However, I think he benefits a lot from how Leicester play such a deep block and so direct - there's a lot less of an emphasis of him to showcase talent in the build-up and a lot more to influence the final third - where he's at his very best.

That, and a dearth of right wing options - I mean Lucas Moura is a semi-realistic one for us, for crying out loud - have made him a bit of a fan household name.

MadMike

Every time a poster mentions a Mahrez price tag it's 10m up from the last one. :lol:

70m for Mahrez? What has he done to cost 80m? There's no way we should pay 90m for him. There's loads of quality players we could by for that 100m.

Sylar

He would be ideal for January.
Prem proven.
Not CL cup tied.
Basically will fill a position we need to fill in certain formations.

Think we play 433, 3412(or whatever we play with 3 at the back) and 4231.
He would be ideal for the right side of attack for all three because of the lack of options we have.

Also if we think about it, how many options out there would fulfill that role even in Summer when you would think more options become available.

United Pro

Every time a poster mentions a Mahrez price tag it's 10m up from the last one. :lol:

70m for Mahrez? What has he done to cost 80m? There's no way we should pay 90m for him. There's loads of quality players we could by for that 100m.
Are there any reliable sources stating what Leicester want for Mahrez? I haven't seen any and others likely haven't either, which explains why people are just quoting random prices.

Kostov

In terms of his close control, dribbling ability, and shot cutting inside he's very good, and exhibits traits that would excel at a higher level. However, I think he benefits a lot from how Leicester play such a deep block and so direct - there's a lot less of an emphasis of him to showcase talent in the build-up and a lot more to influence the final third - where he's at his very best.

That, and a dearth of right wing options - I mean Lucas Moura is a semi-realistic one for us, for crying out loud - have made him a bit of a fan household name.
I've seen him plenty of times over the last 1 year and a half and he never stood out. Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see a player that would make me think he is worth 60m pounds and to be an answer to our RW position. I would go the lengths and say whenever I've seen Zaha for Palace he will always make a mark and is head and shoulders above every one else, never I've had that impression with Mahrez since Leicester's winning season.

Lucas Moura is a year and a half younger than Mahrez, he was very good last season and for the price quoted he would be much less riskier that Mahrez.

For how much do you think Leicester will sell Mahrez when they sold Danny Dinkwater for 35m pounds?

Hughie77

We've had plenty of time to get him, Jose clearly doesn't want, and it's probably because we've got our eyes on a better player.
Yep, I think we could have had him in summer, I think Jose doesn't fancy him, he likes players to do both attack and defend, marhez seems a bit soft in the latter. By all accounts Lucas Mora is on the cards?.we will see

MadMike

Are there any reliable sources stating what Leicester want for Mahrez? I haven't seen any and others likely haven't either, which explains why people are just quoting random prices.
Nothing reliable, no. But it's funny how it's not even rumours that are driving the prices up but simply posts.

For how much do you think Leicester will sell Mahrez when they sold Danny Dinkwater for 35m pounds?
I don't know. All I know is Leicester will look to sell next summer, since Mahrez has got 2 years left on his contract and the price will dip noticeably after that. If I had to guess, it'd be in the 45-50m range.

Your Drinkwater argument is working against you though. If Drinkwater is worth £35m, VVD is worth £75m and Coutinho is worth £142m are you really telling me that £50m or 60m is an over-the-top price for a 26yo EPL title winner and POTY? Isn't Mahrez twice the player Drinkwater is?

Kostov

\

I don't know. All I know is Leicester will look to sell next summer, since Mahrez has got 2 years left on his contract and the price will dip noticeably after that. If I had to guess, it'd be in the 45-50m range.

Your Drinkwater argument is working against you though. If Drinkwater is worth £35m, VVD is worth £75m and Coutinho is worth £142m are you really telling me that £50m or 60m is an over-the-top price for a 26yo EPL title winner and POTY? Isn't Mahrez twice the player Drinkwater is?
No it's not working against me, I said 60m trying to be realistic or let me say I was trying to be more plausible with the fee. Drinkwater was nowhere near as important in that title win as Mahrez and generally is very average player who isn't worth the money payed. I should have mentioned VVD to prove my point better, if he is worth 75m, Leicester could easily demand the same fee for Mahrez, which is outrageous and he is not worth it.

MadMike

No it's not working against me, I said 60m trying to be realistic or let me say I was trying to be more plausible with the fee. Drinkwater was nowhere near as important in that title win as Mahrez and generally is very average player who isn't worth the money payed. I should have mentioned VVD to prove my point better, if he is worth 75m, Leicester could easily demand the same fee for Mahrez, which is outrageous and he is not worth it.
Drinkwater was not worth £35m, Oxlade was not worth £40m (certainly not with 1 year left on his contract!), Kyle Walker not worth £55m, some how Liverpool paid nearly £60m for Keita after 1 good season in Germany with RBL.....

If all the prices are outrageous, than the prices are not outrageous. You seem to have a valuation of players that is radically different from what we're seeing in the market.

Kostov

Drinkwater was not worth £35m, Oxlade was not worth £40m (certainly not with 1 year left on his contract!), Kyle Walker not worth £55m, some how Liverpool paid nearly £60m for Keita after 1 good season in Germany with RBL.....

If all the prices are outrageous, than the prices are not outrageous. You seem to have a valuation of players that is radically different from what we're seeing in the market.
No, that was not the point. I agree that's the market and you either pay up or don't get the player. I said he has a price tag of 60m which was a sum I read in some reports. It will probably be more, now that we mentioned VVD and the others.

I don't have radically different valuation than the market, I just think that if we overpay we should do it for genuine talent and not average one. I have no problem if we go and splash 150m pounds on Pulisic tomorrow, he is not worth that amount either but at least we get world class talent and long term asset.

60m pounds or whatever it might be for Mahrez is a bad deal, if we could get Lucas Moura 25-30m. They are both the same level even though I rate Lucas higher.

RedorDead21

Mou replacing Mata with a player who (league title year aside) doesn't seem to match Mata's stats....no chance....even if he was 20m he'll be looking at better.

MadMike

Mou replacing Mata with a player who (league title year aside) doesn't seem to match Mata's stats....no chance....even if he was 20m he'll be looking at better.
Wut? Mahrez is having better stats than Mata for every one of the last 3 years and that's playing in an inferior team. Are you plucking things out of thin air?

MadMike

No, that was not the point. I agree that's the market and you either pay up or don't get the player. I said he has a price tag of 60m which was a sum I read in some reports. It will probably be more, now that we mentioned VVD and the others.
Player prices don't go up because you mentioned them in a post. The thread started with a rumour of a €55m price. That's £50m and mid-season prices are usually slightly inflated from the summer ones. Which reports did you see speaking of £60m?

I don't have radically different valuation than the market, I just think that if we overpay we should do it for genuine talent and not average one. I have no problem if we go and splash 150m pounds on Pulisic tomorrow, he is not worth that amount either but at least we get world class talent and long term asset.
I disagree with basically everything from that paragraph, so I'll stop here instead of writing a wall of text.

RedorDead21

Wut? Mahrez is having better stats than Mata for every one of the last 3 years and that's playing in an inferior team. Are you plucking things out of thin air?
The Website I looked at showed no difference can we all see the correct stats :)

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Why would you take someone in hot goal scoring form away from the goal and leave them on the wing?

Kostov

Player prices don't go up because you mentioned them in a post. The thread started with a rumour of a €55m price. That's £50m and mid-season prices are usually slightly inflated from the summer ones. Which reports did you see speaking of £60m?
Who said otherwise? Only you I can find writing that. I said the 60m pound price tag. Which you claim it yourself by saying he is worth 50m and it would be slightly inflated because it’s mid season which is basically the same.
I’d be surprised if he moved to another PL club for less than 60m.

I disagree with basically everything from that paragraph, so I'll stop here instead of writing a wall of text.
Feel free to.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He will be a pretty bad option there and he has been bad whenever we played on wings

Red_toad

Er have you ever watched him play on the wing? Be completely bonkers moving our most inform player out onto the wing, where he's generally been hardworking with zero end product. Caf has so many random posters who come up with some cray cray ideas about the game.

NK86

You post as if Lingard has never played on the wing and flopped massively.

Scholsey2004

Er have you ever watched him play on the wing? Be completely bonkers moving our most inform player out onto the wing, where he's generally been hardworking with zero end product. Caf has so many random posters who come up with some cray cray ideas about the game.
I'd argue that other than his obvious best position behind the striker he's very good on the left wing, statistically some of his best performances come there. Its the right wing where we have problems though and although lingard is better on the right than martial or rashford he's still not great there.

Icemav

Mahrez has been brilliant so far v Chelsea. Playing on the right.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I'm not sure why we are not in for Mahrez as I think he would help our attack immensely. We have not had a good right winger since Ronaldo/Nani and Mahrez and Valencia would make a frightening combination for defenses.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Eh? He’s been playing RW and right wingback for the last 3-4 seasons and been not so good. He’s now playing centrally and producing top class performances and scoring worldies. Why would you change that?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Much as I like him I’d take Sanchez all day long.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
He's been a top player in the Premier league for years now and performed well in the champions league, should be the easiest scouting report ever

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Apologies to other posters - haven’t read the thread. But this is the guy I would like to see here. I think he would click with Pogba, would get goals and assists and create a sharper more aggressive attack. I’m a fan.

DdeGoat

I read Leicester asked £75m+ for Vardy from us. Wonder how much do they think Mahrez is worth.

Icemav

What I meant is that I prefer for us to sign Mahrez instead of Sanchez. :D
I agree. It might not make sense in some peoples minds but I have a feeling that we would be getting Mahrez at just the right time.... I also love his unpredictability. There was a moment yesterday where he receivwd the ball deep in his own half and managed to manuver his way through 5 Chelsea players. As good as Sanchez is I dont think he could pull that off. Or anyone else in our team at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.