Mahrez | Signed with City

Status
Not open for further replies.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Mahrez will not go for less than 60m mid season. There is a better option available now who will cost less than Mahrez.

extincti fugax hominum

He really isn't all that. Hope we stay clear.
I agree. He is fairly inconsistent and isn't worth the fees quoted. I prefer Lucas Moura to him any day of the week especially when he is 1,5 years younger, a much better dribbler with big team experience and would probably cost less than one third of Mahrez would.

Leicester Fox

Supports
Leicester
He really isn't all that. Hope we stay clear.
As Leicester fan for nearly 40 years i can honestly say he is the most talented player I’ve ever seen play for us.

He absolutely oozes class, his first touch, dribbling, speed with the ball is something else.

The only part of his game where he gets flack is he defensive side, and even that side of his game has improved.

What i will say is he deserves to play with a top side, and if did sign for your team, you would soon change your opinion of him.

Reactions: Penna

Kostov

As Leicester fan for nearly 40 years i can honestly say he is the most talented player I’ve ever seen play for us.

He absolutely oozes class, his first touch, dribbling, speed with the ball is something else.

The only part of his game where he gets flack is he defensive side, and even that side of his game has improved.

What i will say is he deserves to play with a top side, and if did sign for your team, you would soon change your opinion of him.
There is no doubt he is a talented footballer, his talent stands out in every aspect compared to his teammates. But he is still too inconsistent for my liking. At his age you would except a matured playmaker/winger yet he is closer to Mkhitaryan than to Alexis Sanchez. In fact I think he would be just as bad as the Armenian for us.

When I said he is not all that I was referring more to those claiming he is the answer for our RW and overrating him in general, not that he is a bad player.

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
There is no doubt he is a talented footballer, his talent stands out in every aspect compared to his teammates. But he is still too inconsistent for my liking. At his age you would except a matured playmaker/winger yet he is closer to Mkhitaryan than to Alexis Sanchez. In fact I think he would be just as bad as the Armenian for us.

When I said he is not all that I was referring more to those claiming he is the answer for our RW and overrating him in general, not that he is a bad player.
Mane was also supposed to be inconsistent when he joined Liverpool from Southampton. I think Mahrez would be just as good.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea

Agree with all you've said. I think he is quality.

Member 90887

He does, he is a joy to watch, i would love to have him here, he is not only your best player, he is one of the best in the PL. there isn't many RW better than him in the PL.

Member 90887

No good for us though. Already got plenty of players in that position.
What ? where have you been these last few years ? who do we have of his level in the RW position ? Mkhi ? Mata ? He is way better than any of them.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
No good for us though. Already got plenty of players in that position.
I disagree mate, I think Mahrez is better than anyone you have at RW

Edit: I think he is a player who could also take a step up when playing with more talented players.

Member 90887

I agree. He is fairly inconsistent and isn't worth the fees quoted. I prefer Lucas Moura to him any day of the week especially when he is 1,5 years younger, a much better dribbler with big team experience and would probably cost less than one third of Mahrez would.
1.5 year lol ?

Mahrez has been doing it in the PL for almost 4 years now, the only season where he wasn't at his level was last year and all the leicester team were playing bad, he was superb in the CL though.

Moura played in France only, with the best team there is, there's a big difference between the two players.

extincti fugax hominum

1.5 year lol ?

Mahrez has been doing it in the PL for almost 4 years now, the only season where he wasn't at his level was last year and all the leicester team were playing bad, he was superb in the CL though.

Moura played in France only, with the best team there is, there's a big difference between the two players.
That's just simply not true. Mahrez was a nobody just 3 years ago and was playing in the Championship & second division of the french league the year before. His stock only increased since the start of 15-16 season where they were the champions and he never reached that level again. That's closer to a "one season wonder" than to "one of the best players in the PL" for me.

Yeah he has got good dribbling skills and an eye for a pass but that's not enough for us or any top team. There is a reason why any big club is not in for him just like there is a reason why the likes of Sir Alex, Mourinho etc. rated Lucas Moura highly. Lucas is younger, a far better dribbler, has probably better end product after last season(he improved that every year) and would cost a lot less than Mahrez would.

Mahrez is a good player but Lucas' ceiling point is simply higher and he would be a better buy for us for the said reasons. There is a serious overrating of Mahrez and even worse underrating of Lucas at the Caf too i must say.

Danillaco

Very much agree with everything. He's amazing in my opinion. Fast, left footed, enormous level of ability. And can stretch a defense brilliantly. Love his style and feel sad, we're not in for him.

Surely would be an upgrade on Mata, for our playing style, but I might get some flack on that. And I love the spaniard.

Also would be much better than Lucas Moura on my opinion. He had potential but it didn't cane to fruition until now, and I don't think it will.

The Purley King

If we are planning on Sanchez playing right wing then we may as well get mahrez instead.
Price is about the same, wages considerably cheaper and impact for us - maybe identical

Silas

If we are planning on Sanchez playing right wing then we may as well get mahrez instead.
Price is about the same, wages considerably cheaper and impact for us - maybe identical
Mahrez isn't as good as Sanchez, so what's the point?

Icemav

That's just simply not true. Mahrez was a nobody just 3 years ago and was playing in the Championship & second division of the french league the year before. His stock only increased since the start of 15-16 season where they were the champions and he never reached that level again. That's closer to a "one season wonder" than to "one of the best players in the PL" for me.

Yeah he has got good dribbling skills and an eye for a pass but that's not enough for us or any top team. There is a reason why any big club is not in for him just like there is a reason why the likes of Sir Alex, Mourinho etc. rated Lucas Moura highly. Lucas is younger, a far better dribbler, has probably better end product after last season(he improved that every year) and would cost a lot less than Mahrez would.

Mahrez is a good player but Lucas' ceiling point is simply higher and he would be a better buy for us for the said reasons. There is a serious overrating of Mahrez and even worse underrating of Lucas at the Caf too i must say.
We used to hoover up top talent in PL and give them a chance. Sheringham, Cole, Yorke, Keane, Rio, Rooney, Saha, Van de Sar...... now Teddy, Andy and Dwight are exactly the sort of signing that Mahrez may represent. Yes he is a late bloomer but its clear he has the talent to play at a very high level. Even if it were inconsistently that would still be a bonus for us. He was running rings around Chelsea at the weekend and most importantly he made it look easy. If Sanchez comes it may now be too crowded but I just cant fathom how he wouldnt be a good signing for any PL team who needs a top top winger.

Last edited:

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City

the first season up it was hard for anyone to impress as after that 5-3 game Pearson the twat decided we should 0-0 our way to safety, when the Cambiasson led revival happened Mahrez was key to it and kept that form up the following season

TrebleFan99

On the right Mahrez is better, also in a creative role Mahrez is better.
He's excellent on the right, not sure he's better than Sanchez but we should by Mahrez anyways. We played Mata on the right again today and its just nonsense. Mahrez is versatile as well. Its hard to imagine him hot improving our attack.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Feck, man. I wish we could sign him also. Maybe with Sanchez as striker?

Suedesi

Good post, Mahrez is class.

IrishRedDevil

Quality player. I really wanted us to sign him as my previous posts indicated but with us getting Sanchez it's no longer realistic. I just hope he doesn't move to a top 4 rival.

ericking

Before Sanchez, you would have thought that all of Utd, LFC, Arsenal and Chelsea would have competed with each other for Mahrez.

The fact that it hasn't happened makes we wonder why it hasn't happened. Kia Joorabchian is his agent, I wonder if there is a reluctance among English clubs to deal with him.

E-mal

Him or Dybala in the summer, sell mata and Ibra and we are set in attack.
Sanchez can play through the middle, Martial can, Rashford can.
Sanchez, Martial,Lukaku, Rashford , Lingard, Marhez/Dybala for a front 3/4 is not overstocked in my opinion.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
Before Sanchez, you would have thought that all of Utd, LFC, Arsenal and Chelsea would have competed with each other for Mahrez.

The fact that it hasn't happened makes we wonder why it hasn't happened. Kia Joorabchian is his agent, I wonder if there is a reluctance among English clubs to deal with him.
he's only been his agent since around October

endless_wheelies

feeling dizzy

I think it's that he would have only cost £40m before this window, clubs got suspicious. Now he's been marked up to £100m by Puel watch them swarm like flies on...

ericking

he's only been his agent since around October
And Kia only became Coutinho's agent recently too. In the Summer Mahrez was trying to get a move to Serie A. I wonder if Kia's expertise is to get players out of the big PL clubs?

Status
Not open for further replies.